Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-12-2012, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, that IS wonderful that you had time to enjoy catching up with one of your favorite people. That's nice stress relief.

Tori, I certainly do hope the rest of your Thursday is less stressful. I'm having a good day so far.

April, wow! Kudos on all he green in your Wednesday report! And I see that scale number going down, down, down. That IS crazy to have to wash bras by hand--unless they're really skimpy, sexy ones for special nights with DH. I do my bras in the washer's gentle cycle in cold water and they do just fine--but mine are very inexpensive Platex ones from Walmart. OMG, I am soooooooo proud of you for avoiding that binge. Truly I am. Binges only serve to sabotage all our hard work. Congrats, too, on your workout--sorry you're sore, though. Banana and fat free yogurt is an excellent, healthful breakfast--but I know that you know that--you don't need me to tell you that. Your muffin and salad sound great--a possible apple on the horizon. A day of really healthful foods. Hey, that's OK--not everyone likes flaxmeal or coffee or even chocolate, so I'm perfectly fine with you not wanting to try my muffins. I was so tickled this morning when I did my 2 mile exercise DVD (on my day off to make up for not doing it yesterday) I was talking to DH about the squirrel that was doing acrobatics on the bird feeder to get to the sunflower seeds in there. He was so darned entertaining that I thought I was only up to a mile when the DVD instructor said "you've just reached a mile and a half." So I got treated to "less dread" of exercise than usual today. LOL

Amy, I believe we're supposed to get snow tomorrow, too, but since our school district also cut out all the elementary school gym, library, art, and music specials due to the additional school levy failure, the elementary kids' school day doesn't start until 9AM. So there won't be many school delays due to snow this year--the roads are usually pretty clear by then. There will just be more kids counted as tardy since so few kids have school busses. When I was in elementary school the kids who walked to school had to go no matter how deep the snow was. All the teachers were nuns except for one, and the convent was on the school grounds, so there was always school for whoever could walk. But the kids in the next community over (the only kids who had a school bus) got excused snow days off if the busses couldn't run. That sucked! LOL

Last edited by Mern; 01-12-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Having a good week. New patio doors are installed so there should be no snow drifts in my bedroom this year. We are having unbelievable warm weather 8 C degrees yesterday That's about 48 F. No snow on the ground, I'm wearing heels outside today. Got back into morning yoga and sauna today. No excuses for next two weeks. Eating well. Back to green tea but need more water intake. Mary
Old 01-12-2012, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Oops--gotta run to pick up my teenage grandkids from school. Will be back later to catch up with Hope, Mike, and Mary.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mern! It was a close call. And really I had two pretty full dinner bowls of the chili. I made sure to get a lot of the liquid not just the beans & beef but still. It was a lot of food. And before I know I would have had at least another bowl and still had something huge for snack later on.

I have a big division wide employee appreciation dinner coming up on 2/11/12 and I think that is giving me a little bit of a push to do a lot better. I really would love to say that I have lost 70lbs when people that I haven't seen since last years dinner (before my start date). I hate to be the girl trying to do it to show off or for a specific event but it does seem to be an extra push towards doing things right.

Well....I'm out to go pick out the hardest few apples and put a couple in my drawer for tomorrow and Monday. They get picked over pretty quickly.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Having a good week. New patio doors are installed so there should be no snow drifts in my bedroom this year. We are having unbelievable warm weather 8 C degrees yesterday That's about 48 F. No snow on the ground, I'm wearing heels outside today. Got back into morning yoga and sauna today. No excuses for next two weeks. Eating well. Back to green tea but need more water intake. Mary

We've had an odd winter here too. Only 2 snowfalls so far and one of them was in September! It is 45* here today. Supposed to have 1-1/2 inches of snow tonight and more seasonable temps with flurries the next few days. Our winters are usually pretty harsh so we are all kind of waiting for the ball to drop.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Joining Crew again. Because I'm a glutton for punishment. :P First day back will be Tuesday. School is going to be rough this semester, but I think I can do it. Things with PD are going well- They came to see me last night & we made barbeque chicken & chili. It's SO nice being with someone who is (almost) as into health, food, and fitness as I am! Sorry for not posting as much, I have no idea why, but I am just still so tired! Slept for 10 hours last night, and am still yawning. I'll trying to check in later today & set up some goals!

Almeeker: I grind my teeth in my sleep and use a guard. It may not be sexy, but man do I have considerably less pain on mornings when I have used it versus when I have not. Though I’m also just a basketcase in general and am in danger of grinding through my teeth if I’m not careful, haha.

Joanna: I think I may have heard of the body eating muscle mass first before moving onto eating fat when in times of fasting. Perhaps you have been having too large a deficit or have been going too long between meals/snacks?

Mike: Please get your blood sugar/ A1C levels checked soon. What you have been describing sounds very similar to what I experience when playing tag with my bloodsugar.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

mh, I have regular blood work done. They check for all kind of stuff, blood sugar/A1C has never been an issue (assuming they check for it). I'll be getting blood work again in probably a month. I'll check then. I also have a tendency to write life insurance policies on myself, they test for EVERYTHING... and I mean EVERYTHING!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Mern. Those muffins sound wonderful, there is a bakery near me who make breakfast muesli muffins and sometimes I treat myself, maybe I should try making some myself. Do you know can you freeze muffins?

April. I sorted my closet out just before Christmas and I found clothes I had never worn.... I was still reluctant to get rid of some of my favourite trousers even though they are too big now so i put on a new pair and saw how well they looked on me and then put the old ones on and after seeing the baggy bum and how they made me look bigger they went into the charity bag. I love lingerie, it was the only thing I liked to buy when I was bigger, it made me feel feminine, but I can't get the drawers to close and lots of the bras are the wrong size or just "tired". A good fitting bra can take lbs off you.

Tori. My fridge is so sad, I am a poor excuse for a cook. I went to clear it out and found mushy stuff in the salad drawer which I think was once a pepper. The entire contents today are: White wine, champagne, beers, Stilton cheese, OJ, miniature Christmas pudding, various chutneys, jar of olives, salad leaves, tomatoes, eggs, cherries,ginger and honey cocktail beetroots, diet coke, peaches in liqueur and a bottle of limoncello. Not terribly
nutritious. However I made a cheese omelette with my meagre rations tonight for tea, but I really must try to stock my fridge with "proper" food.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
We've had an odd winter here too. Only 2 snowfalls so far and one of them was in September! It is 45* here today. Supposed to have 1-1/2 inches of snow tonight and more seasonable temps with flurries the next few days. Our winters are usually pretty harsh so we are all kind of waiting for the ball to drop.
Our winters are normally harsh also, all those lakes make for some big fat snow flakes, but this year I've taken the kids to the park in January!!!! Twice! For no other reason than it was 50 deg and gorgeous. The local weather folks though, are their own breed. With all of our lakes and the unpredictability of Michigan weather, we apparently attract intense weather people. Every channel last night was "SNOWMAGEDEON", run, hide, protect your children, buy stuff, you'll be buried for DAYS!!! DH and I just look at each other and laugh, neither of us has seen that kind of snow since '78. Seriously, every time the weather people get lathered up, it's anticlimactic 2" snowfall. It's when they say "a light dusting overnight" that we get a little nervous, because that's when we really get hit. Even still we live on a paved road that gets plowed out early, if there is accumulating snow, I'll be up at 4:00am from the plows scrapping by.

Mern that really sucks about your school, about the walkers never being excused and the nuns! But I swear our district is really fast to call it quits. I wish they would institute a day in between, so instead of "canceling class" they could make it "attendance optional day", so if you would be at risk from traveling in inclement weather you're excused, but if you can make it in do so. It never fails that rotten weather falls on a day when I really need the kids to be in school.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Quick Check-In

FIT Challenge: [Mon-Sat] *Sun= "Cushion" Day
*~* Check-in:M-T-W

FOCUS (3)
Faith
*/* Audio Bible daily ----> x3/x6

Support
*/* Attend Health Support Group ->
*/* Report here Daily ->x3/x7

INTAKE (3)
Food
*/* Non-starchy Veg. 4 serv. daily -> N-N-Y
*/* Starchy Food 8 serv.daily limit-> Y-Y-Y

Supplement */* Vit. & Fish Oil Daily ----->x3/x7

TRAIN (3)
Feet
*/* STEPS wkly ~ 14 mi * 30,000 steps -> 7.7 mi * 16,262 steps
*/* AEROBIC wkly {120"} -> 70"

Firm & Flex ~ */* Strong Women x2 wkly -> x1/x2
.................................................. ..........
I just bought the PC Version of FitDay. I'm excited about it! Now -- if I could just get my nutrition & activity in line . . .

Last edited by fit4luv; 01-12-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.