Want to drop weight. 16 year old female

Old 01-12-2012, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default Want to drop weight. 16 year old female

5 4 and weigh 140 want to weigh 125
16 year old female. just started taking oxy elite pro
Old 01-12-2012, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Stop taking that junk NOW. It's a waste of money as your metabolism is the highest it will ever be.

You don't know what's in it and what it might do to you. The supplement industry is basically unregulated. The FDA doesn't have the budget to investigate until people are injured by a product.

I'll bet the pills come with a diet plan. Guess what works? Hint: it's not the pills.

Get yourself active. You're in high school, go out for a sport.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by handcycle2005
Stop taking that junk NOW. It's a waste of money as your metabolism is the highest it will ever be.

You don't know what's in it and what it might do to you. The supplement industry is basically unregulated. The FDA doesn't have the budget to investigate until people are injured by a product.

I'll bet the pills come with a diet plan. Guess what works? Hint: it's not the pills.

Get yourself active. You're in high school, go out for a sport.
Good solid advice, Coach.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

I got called away so here's the rest.
Thanks, Vito.

The main problem with these "miracle" pills, potions, etc. Is that a) the ingredients are mostly unproven with few or no studies to back up the claims, b) the few things that might work are often not present in dosages that are effective or may not be present as claimed, c) toxicity and the effects of long term use are not evaluated, d) often there are substances present that are not disclosed.
There was a recent case of herbal supplements that contained anabolic steroids. You're a sixteen year old girl, do you really want to be a boy when you're seventeen? Anabolic steroids have a masculinizing effect on women.

In the case of that stuff you're taking, it claims to affect the thyroid. When doctors prescribe thyroid medication, the patient is very closely monitored. This is not something to mess with on your own.
Look at it this way-if the pills really rev up your thyroid, you are facing medical consequences, if they aren't strong enough to do that, THEY DON'T WORK and you're being ripped off.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lacie2012
5 4 and weigh 140 want to weigh 125
16 year old female. just started taking oxy elite pro
I agree with the other people that your metabolism is probably high enough naturally at your age that you wouldn't need those kinds of supplements. It's really scary to think some unregulated supplement could be messing up your thyroid for life.

You can increase your metabolism naturally through more activity.

Also make sure you're eating enough calories because not eating enough can also slow down your metabolism.

An adult woman (like someone in their 30s) needs at minimum 1200 a day to stay healthy, someone younger might need more. I would ask a doctor what's right for you.