Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-02-2012, 05:08 PM
FitDay Member

Mern Nice job on losing another pound. I hope your back is feeling better it’s crazy that you were just standing flossing when it happened I hope it leaves as suddenly as it came. Faith really helps when you are dealing with struggles I hope your friends get more than they pray for. My hubby does like to cook, so having him more involved in the kitchen is a great plan. Dh problem eating doesn’t really happen at home he is a wholesale salesman so he is taking clients out to eat or for beers all the time so he is going to need to make different choices when eating out, we discussed packing him healthy snacks and a light lunch he can eat in the truck and then he can order salad when he’s out for lunch and avoid the good food as he calls it. Having our son moving out at the end of this month will also help as he is the reason a lot of snack and hi carb foods get bought so dh will not be able to choose something bad as a snack because I won’t be buying it.

Quinn Sorry for the loss of your friend. Mcdonalds will try anything to get people to eat their poison!

Mh Filthy calorie’s “oh my”. Your babymomma friend is lucky to have you, keep supporting her, not eating when you are pregnant is a scary choice to make. I like your tiger also.

Luv Where do you live? How cold is it? I was saying earlier to Cassie I am lucky it stays pretty mild on Vancouver Island. I am not a fan of the cold and I can stand to be outside being active in our temp’s most of the time. I take a flax seed oil supplement as I cannot take fish oil, flax seed oil contains ALA, which the body can use to make all the omega-3s that it needs and I try to eat fish as often as I can but I have an iodine sensitivity so I tend to eat fresh water fish.

Pam Glad to see you checking your BP I hope it comes in line tomorrow.

I had a great hike today and managed to get all the Christmas cheer boxed up for next year. It feels good to be taking control of my eating back today I have a slight headache but it’s probably from sugar withdrawl. I hope you all have a great night.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M= 6.9k
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1237
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-1084
No sugar: M=Y
Cleanse\Eat raw 2 days:

Last edited by dar n; 01-02-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Mh Filthy calorie’s “oh my”. Your babymomma friend is lucky to have you, keep supporting her, not eating when you are pregnant is a scary choice to make. I like your tiger also.
She had baby #2 six months ago... but she was only eating one meal a day then, and has since moved to one meal every other day.. at best. We've been friends for 16 years, but I am at a loss as to how to help. I just have to let her do her own thing and try to feed her when I can
Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Monday report

Including New Year's Day in this week's report

Calorie limit 1600 1224, 1573
Carbs less fiber 25g 24.9g, 23.0g
Average daily fiber 25g 27g, 26g
Average daily cholesterol 300mg 135mg, 144mg
Average daily sat fat 12%, 9% 10%
Fruits/veggies 5 servings per day YES, YES

Water 48 oz. YES, YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 pks. per day 2, 0
Sugar free dark chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 0, 1
Vitamin D and fish oil YES, YES
Exercise 5 days: Sunday scheduled day off, YES

Complaint to blessing to be counted: My back is still pretty sore, but I was able to find a comfortable sleeping position and got a decent night's sleep.

Last edited by Mern; 01-03-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

fit4luv, I don't know that avocado benefits pre-diabetes. I use it for lowering cholesterol. Most of the fat in an avocado is monounsaturated -- the "good" kind that actually lowers cholesterol levels. I can eat only half a Haas avocado per day (half=7.5g carbs and 2.5g fiber) because of my being limited to 25g net carbs per day (total grams of carbs less grams of fiber.) I use avocado in tossed salads, on sandwiches, or just plain.

Yes, I eat ground flaxmeal daily to be sure I'm getting 25g fiber per day. Love it! I use it in flaxmeal pancakes, muffins, in my Walker Diet Low Carb Protein Shake, or nuked with water and the shake mix for faux oatmeal.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hoping to slip quietly back in here. Haven't looked at thread for weeks so will be a little slow to catch up on all the news, bear with me please.
Will lay out my goals properly next Monday, but for the present it's log, log, log.
Stay away from the leftover Xmas goodies ( I've given a lot of the choccies and cake etc away).
Get moving every day...... Even if it only starts with not sitting down as soon as I get home after work cos as they say even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
I won't go into all the naff stuff that's been going on in my life, life is a roller coaster after
all and I know that you have all been on that ride at some point.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, you're having an awesome week so far! I had to laugh at your resolution for the dish drainer...I should have the same one, as I have the same bad habit. I create towers in that thing that seem to defy the law of gravity. I'm so sorry to hear about your back and hope it feels better today. Congrats on the continued dropping of the scale...send some mojo my way, ok?

Lisa, my condolences on the loss of your dad. I've been through that, and so my heart goes out to you. Taking care of yourself is a good way to move on, though, and he would be proud, I'm sure. If you google "how many calories should I eat," you will find a lot of sites into which you can load your stats and come up with a figure; also, you can just check FitDay to make sure your activities minus your calories gives you a good deficit (500 a day translates into a pound per week).

Luv, you've got a good plan and you're working it. You are doing great; keep it up!

Tori, looking forward to the latest with CuterNicer...isn't the timing funny? Oh, and I totally bow to you for LOSING during the holiday season; you totally slammed it. Next year, I'll drive up to you for a crash course in holiday success, okay?

mhibdon, love the way you share the wealth of health with others. You have reached ambassador status. They say you've really learned something when you can teach it to others, so you go, girl!

Mike, nice job on goals. So sorry your computer problems are continuing. I wish I could come do that half with you...but traveling that time of year is not in the cards. Maybe there's a way to do a "virtual" half here at the same time .

Pam, I so admire you for maintaining over the holidays. I want to be like you when I grow up . Nice job, girl. Enjoy your temporary solitude; may it be productive and peaceful.

Quinn, sounds like a productive day. My thoughts are with you and the family of your friend; hope all are taking care of yourselves. So sorry.

Darlene, how was your hike? What's on the agenda today? Will you have some time to relax after all the holiday work you've done?

Lizzie, Lizzie, welcome back!!!!!! Missed you!

Headed to pay some bills, write some reports, and make a ton of phone calls...will check in later. Have a wonderful day, all!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
And it does suck about my shoes. They were the cutest little peep toes. And now I'll never be able to wear them again. Not because they were ruined, but because, well now they'll forever be known as The Pee Shoes.
LOL, so sorry about the "The Pee Shoes", that's not quite the same as a good usable pair of "Poop Boots" is it? Are they new enough that you can buy another pair?
Old 01-03-2012, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Thanks. I was pretty sure that the "D" stood for dear, wasn't positive though. and PPD I never would would have figured out on my own.
I thought the "D" was for "darling"? Oh well, I'm always the last to know everything. Now while I'm guilty of calling hubs "DH", I myself prefer to be called BH (better half) rather than DW. LOL.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
I thought the "D" was for "darling"? Oh well, I'm always the last to know everything. Now while I'm guilty of calling hubs "DH", I myself prefer to be called BH (better half) rather than DW. LOL.
You can be called OH for Other Half.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here, I'm here! Whew! Ya'll are chatty this week I read through about page 8 before giving up.

My big goal for this week is to get my head back in the game. The problem with falling off the wagon is that sometimes, one doesn't want to get back on the wagon. So, I'm trying to want to get back in the saddle. I'm up maybe... 3 lbs. all told, so not bad, but I really want to keep on losing now that I'm headed home from FL today.

Someone asked me what my New Year's Resolution was, and I said, "I just want to keep doing what I've been doing." I think it will help being back in class, etc. I find routine really helps. Anyway, I know my participation in the thread has been intermittent the last few weeks, but hopefully I'm here to stay now. Knowing everyone is here to encourage is very helpful!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.