Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-31-2011, 06:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Having my sister here with us has been soooo great. We have always been friends, but the degree of closeness has waxxed and waned over the years. The last several years we haven't been very active in each other's lives at all. Last summer DH and visited her for a few days at her place and had a ball and this Christmas having her here has really helped us reconnect.

Yesterday she was supposed to fly home, then we were having some neighbors in for wine and cheese... no big deal. But her flights were cancelled and a buddy of DH called to ask if he and his son could stop by for the night and then go fishing w/DH on Sat. So we went from a quite evening, just the 2 of us after the neighbors left, to a full fledged house party. Spontaneous fun!

In the mean time I sure have missed a bunch of stuff here. I spent a delightful 45 min catching up.

As far as holiday weight gain goes, it seems to me that the holiday and vacation pounds are easy to put on, but relatively easy to take off, as Mern, MH and April have already demonstrated. I am confident that Quinn, CJ and all the rest of us will follow suit soon. After all, that's why we all stick together isn't it?

Tori - I really can't add much to great advise and comments you have already recieved, but I will reiterate that you are, indeed, a new person! Confident, knowledgable and magnificent! Now go strut your stuff woman.

Quinn, I have tried taking up various needle work over the years for much the same reason. I admire you sticking to it... it just never caught for me. Suggestions are welcomed, because I love the idea that when one's hands are busy you can't keep stuffing your face .

Diet & Fitness:

1.) 1 liter of plain water everyday
M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y, F=N
2.) 1 serving (max) of either bread, potatoes, or rice a day M=N (left over potatoes & stuffing) T=N (leftovers for lunch, home made pizza for dinner), W=Y, Th=Y, F=N(not even close)
3.) Limit sweets M=Y (none), T=Y, W=Y (1 small crème brulee), Th=N, F=N(darned house guests had to bring wonderful choc chip cookies)
4.) 1 outdoor activity every day M=Y, T=Y(sort of), W=Y (8 mile hike), Th=Y, F=Y, but taking Sat off
5.) Keep calories a maintenance level, or less M=N (a couple hundred over) T=Close, W=close, Th & F=N (but mostly healthy choices)
6.) Measure blood pressure daily M=N, T=N, W=N, Th=N, F=N (what the heck is my problem… I just hate when it comes in over the healthy range. Pam: what you don’t know CAN hurt you girl!)

Home and work
7.) Finish performance evaluation documents
M=N (tues), T=Y (not finished, but progress), W=N, Th&F=N (too much company will get to it today an Sunday)
8.) Pay last remaining monthly bills
M=N (tues) T=Y done
9.) Up date calendar and make sure all appointments are recorded correctly. M=Y (started), T=Y, W=done
10) Don't stress out over lots of company this week.
M=Y (picking up sister the afternoon), T=Y, W=Y not sure why I was stressing earlier???

Lots of red, I'm afraid to say, but I don't think I really over did it. Like many of you have commented too much sugar, fat, and just plain over indulgence makes me feel so yucky. And I really don't feel too bad today so using my body as a guide, I'm thinking that I am probably OK.

CJ, I agree about missiing some of the old timers. I ran across a tread earlier that Lizzycritter responded to and thought - wow she's back, how great. Then I looked at the dates and realized it had been bumped from almost a year ago. It will be fun to read the new posts from all New Years resolutioners. Mike: I'll take "q" . Actually you know I am pretty active in welcoming the newbies. I just hate to see the "0" replies next to someone's name.

Today will be an easy day. DH and buddies are off slaying trout and I'll take DS to the airport later this afternoon. And then I should have an hour or 2 to myself to reconstitute and regroup.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

Whelp. I applied! Here's to hoping that they take me! <3 <3 <3

Now to conquer my Frat Reports UGH

Rant below in white:

DEAR SWEET BABY JESUS ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Who in their right mind runs for a position, gets elected, AND THEN DOES NONE OF THIER PAPERWORK?! I could drop kick this boy! These forms are supposed to be filled out gradually as the year goes by because, oh, idk, YOU HAVE TO WRITE A DAMN ESSAY FOR EVERY EVENT PUT ON. Like. Seriously. Seriously?! This is not my job, but if I don't pick up the slack of my fraternity brother, then our entire CHAPTER gets put on PROBATION. URRRGH. I am so frustrated I could scream and never, ever, ever look at my computer again.

Last edited by mhibdon; 12-31-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Pam, Q? Really? You and the other "Q"uinn can do better than that. I have faith in you.

Today has been busy, busy, busy. I finally got a chance to eat. My first time today was around 2:00, that's why nothing has been logged. I waited way too long and ended up getting Chinese food. I can correct it. I probably won't be on much today or tomorrow b/c I have so much going on.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie Glad to hear your son’s feeling better. I can relate so much with you right now I can’t seem to get my head back in the game and I can’t escape the party tonight as it’s at my house and the counters are already filling up with foods I shouldn’t eat. I did enjoy my night and I don’t feel bad about that cheat I just wish I could get the control back I had before I let myself run wild through fields of sugar. I am going to make a journal entry on the 23rd about how I feel today so maybe I will remember to go back and read it next year and save myself some stress.

Mern Yeah on 3.5 pounds lost I hope it sticks for you also. I am hoping that when I get back on track the shock to my system may help my numbers keep moving downwards, I am my worst enemy right now. I don’t think my dr will let me come of my meds as my bp has been a challenge for years even when I was healthy, it’s my diastolic number that is bad and since we have coronary disease in our family I can pretty much hear him chuckle but I am still going to talk to him about it.

Quinn I have no advice since I can’t even follow my own right now I do hope you enjoy your time with hubby tonight. Snow and 4o mph winds I hope you plan on hiding indoors for a couple days.

Mh Way to go on losing 5lbs.

Pam I am so glad you enjoyed your sisters company, family is so important I don't get to see my brother often and I hope one day to get to reconnect.

I just want to pull the covers over my head and stay in bed! Oh well real life calls I need to go and get some housework done before people start to arrive and I seem to have fallen behind on laundry so at least I will get some exercise running up and down the stairs. On a positive note my hubby seems serious about making some food changes in his life so I am going to set him up a fitday account so he can log his food or in reality I will probably log his food but still steps in the right direction.

Last edited by dar n; 12-31-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Just took a 40 minute walk through the neighborhood with the hubby. I feel so out of shape! Hard to believe that less than a month ago I ran a 5K in just a shade over 30 minutes . BUT, that was more exercise than I've had in a week, so it's gotta count for something.

I'm debating making thsoe cookies for the boy, sending him with some to keep in his room, and sending the rest to the party. I haven't ruled out going, but if this headache doesn't give, I won't be having too much fun no matter what my food choices are. I also want to do it just to show myself I can withstand temptation, in a perverse sort of way.

Darlene, I hope you get through tonight okay. We will both get back on this horse as soon as we can, and we will do it well. Hang in there, girlfriend. I'll be thinking about you. Glad your husband is getting on board; it helps to have a partner.

Pam, what a lovely holiday. Impromptu gatherings are often the best. Sounds like you really enjoyed it and have some wind-down time, too.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 12-31-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Big congrats to all those who are doing well this week. Pats on the backs to all those who aren't. So far so good for me. Even through all the ex drama I've still managed to drop 5 lbs. I may have to have my meds checked by the doc to make sure that's not speeding up the weight loss. According to my activity level and caloric intake, I shouldn't be dropping so quickly. So it may be my TSH levels are too low again, speeding up my metabolism. God, living with thyroid problems SUCKS! I'm about to find something to wear tonight. I actually now have TWO places to be. One party and one impromtu get together at a friend's house. I will most likely stay at the second place, cause this girl doesn't want to get busted for DUI. Also found out that cuter-nicer-havebeenflirtingwith-guy isn't going to be at the party after all, so big bummer there. I guess I'll just hang for a bit and then move on to a quieter evening. ttfn!!

Everybody have fun tonight, but play safe!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 12-31-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: fixin' typos
Old 12-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

I just spent the past 3 hours pressure washing my driveway (still not finished). I swear that felt like a workout.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Made cookies. Going to the party for a bit. Will report back, hopefully with good news.

Mike, yes, that IS a workout. When you're done, mine could use it .
Old 12-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, I'd probably mess it up.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Cassie, I'd probably mess it up.
It IS actually harder than it looks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.