Notices

15 in 15 Easter Goal, anyone want to try?

Old 02-24-2012, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by callaquill
It worked!
welcome Calla! All are welcome here. 15 pounds by Easter is the "goal" but then again we started right before Christmas. And as you can see from my sig line, I am plodding along... but I am sticking in and pushing forward.

So Lent began this week. I gave up three of my carbohydrates, Pretzels, ice Cream and Naan Bread. Adding up what I usually eat of those each week, if I merely give them up and don't substitute anything in their place, the weight should fall... Should...

The reason why I asked earlier if you all are eating near the recommended caloric allowance is that I am not, I am eating less. Fitday is recommending I eat around 2000 calories per day, I'm eating around 1500... any thoughts?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:58 PM
FitDay Member

Frenchhen3: I think you are doing a great job. I've been attending a lifestyle intervention class and we have an example chart of how many fat grams and calories one should eat. If I went bye the chart I should be eating at least 2000 cals too. But I've only been eating around 1400 the past two days and have seen a weight loss.

Maybe this information wil help out others one here:
174 lbs and or less 33 fat grams each day and 1200 cal.
175-219 lbs 42 fg/day 1500 cal
220-249 lbs 50 fg/day 1800 cal
250-299 lbs 55 fg/day 2000 cal
300 lbs and more 55 fg/day 2000 cal

We also keep a weekly avg or what or fat gram totals where and calories to see if we where close to our daily goal.

So for me that means not going over 1400 cal in the week and 385 fat grams. If you do go over in a day, no big deal as long as you figure out what you have left and average it out.

Today I weighed 302 at the dr. office. It was a bitter sweet moment to see that number. Can't wait to be back in the 2's. The only down side about my visit today was I'm going to be put on metformin. I say down because I really didn't want to be put on medication. To my understanding I'm being put on it to not only help my glucose but to also bring my cholestral, triglyceriodes, and LDL levers down and raise my HDL. Another plus is it might help regulate my cycles.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Calorie intake

I've been shooting for 1600 calories. Fitday said my needed intake to maintain was 22-2300. I feel fed on 1600, just not, I dunno, replete? Anyway it worked well for the first six weeks but since Feb 8 my loss has flatlined. I'll go down a pound, then back up within two days. I'm back up, have with that pound gone from overweight to obese, and am above my goal line whereas I've been below it since about a week in. Discouragement!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your responses!
LMB: You will get down under the 2's! I feel the same way you do about medication, however your new, healthy lifestyle might steer the need for the medication away in the future! Don't "get down" unless you are dancing! Wooooo!

Calla: I can't even remember a day when I ate 2000 calories! I am at a point where I might be a little scared to eat that much in a day! I might try it for a few days just to see, but I'm like you, I don't want to gain! As far as flat line... I THOUGHT I was flat lined, then instead I started logging my weight every day, and I see slight fluctuations throughout the week-weeks-month... but a slow and downward line is appearing on the graph. Maybe try that for a month, weigh at the same time every day and log every day and see what the trend looks like. That flatline will probably be a slow but erratic zig zag in a downward direction.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, so with my logging my weight everyday, I have found that I have REALLY gotten out of the 138-140 range for good. My daily weigh in has not seen 138 in over a week and a half. So I truly consider that pound gone... Hurray!!! (I am such a Doubting Thomas... is that pound REALLY gone???)
Old 02-28-2012, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Ladies! This week is bringing me in at 143 lbs. I'm so happy and also sore from my Kettlebells. Hopefully I can keep up this pace and hit the 130's before too long. xoxo
Old 02-28-2012, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Frenchhen3: Thanks for making me smile. That has made my whole week. Your right all the positives that can and "will" happen out weigh not taking it. Here's to the first 30 days.

Daniliebe: Congradulation on keeping up with your workout.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Okay I weighed in today for my official Wednesday weigh in and I got back down to 136.5! WOOOHOOO GET DOWN!!! hahaha.

LMB- write that on your mirror, "Only get down when you are dancing!" You are a beautiful person and your knowledge about weight loss and dieting helps me a lot. thank you!

Dani- Kettlebells, I've never tried them. I see folks using them at a outdoor fitness place near my house and they look like they work the shoulders a lot, am I right?

Calla- That one little pound will come off and with your determination, will probably stay off and then some! It does feel great to see that little arrow move down on the BMI chart here on Fitday, doesn't it?

Okay big water workout today. I have slotted out from 10-12 in the pool! Prune-fingers here I come!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

Wink Movement at last!

Frenchhen, thanks for your encouragement and congrats on that pesky pound coming off. After a solid three weeks of bouncing between 169-something and 168-something, I hit the 167's yesterday. Bounced up to 168 this AM but by afternoon was back down. Don't know what happened, but it's so good to be in the "merely overweight" category, below my goal line, and moving again.

Passing on the encouragement to all....

We can do this!

Calla
Old 03-02-2012, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by callaquill
Frenchhen, thanks for your encouragement and congrats on that pesky pound coming off. After a solid three weeks of bouncing between 169-something and 168-something, I hit the 167's yesterday. Bounced up to 168 this AM but by afternoon was back down. Don't know what happened, but it's so good to be in the "merely overweight" category, below my goal line, and moving again.

Passing on the encouragement to all....

We can do this!

Calla
Yep Calla, that is exactly how I weigh, my weight fluctuates around two pounds this way and that from day to day and then all of a sudden, that top number disappears. Bye bye little pound. We ARE going to do this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.