Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Old 12-20-2011, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
One question though, if y'all are already engaged, why wasn't that the engagement ring? Maybe he's waiting until the 10 year mark? Either way I hope you get a simple, yet elegant ring that you can call your engagement ring.
No idea! We celebrate our 11 year anniversary in March. Maybe he's waiting for 15 years? Or 50? There's nothing saying I can't get him an engagement ring, though. At least I wouldn't have to worry about scaring him off with it. Hehe!

Last edited by behaze; 12-20-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Evening Check In
Goals:

1. 750 Deficit: -751, +764
2. 3 L: 2, 3
3. Take Vitamin: Yes, Yes
4. Sleep 8 hours: 8
5. Walk 3mi: 4.18, 1.52

Shit day, but almost finished all the Christmas shopping. Also… even though I’m CRAZY over my allotted calories- at least I went over by eating a whole bunch of chicken breast, cabbage soup, nuts, and cheese. I had a blood sugar drop around 3PM, then over-corrected, then had another drop and over-corrected again. I am going to start keeping my glucose tabs on me to keep this from happening in the future. Tomorrow will be better. I just wish I could figure out how to stop shivering- and Mike, don’t say that it is because of the weather! I’m the only person in my house who is so cold that I’m having to wear long pants, three shirts, AND a huge sweatshirt. My hands are like ice, but supposedly I’m running a fever? I don’t have time to get sick. Bump this, man
Old 12-20-2011, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker – yeah, they’re considered pests. And, well, they have no natural predator, but I’m sure there are plenty of animals that would happily have rabbit for a meal. No pet kangas or koalas, but we live on a huge bush acreage, so we, shall we say ‘cohabitate’ with a huge family of kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, echidnas, bearded dragons, scrub turkeys, possums, scorpions and snakes – and some weird marsupial thing that we call an R.O.U.S. (Rodent of Unusual Size - yes, we stole that from the Princess Bride) which comes up to eat the cat’s food. There were also four kookaburras that used to fly into the house and steal food off our benches, or perch on the verandah railing, eyeing off food and yes, they did take it right out of your hand if you let down your guard. We’ve had our cat now for almost three years, so they don’t come close anymore. My partner has a workshed about 100 yards from the house and a python has taken up residence in there. It’s about 9ft long and poops in his tool cupboards. Hehe!

Cassie – my 9yo turns out to be a great motivator. We had a big discussion about calories in/calories out, exercise, heart rate and all that yesterday. In that blissful hour of sleeping babies, he said, “Mum, come do some jogging with me and we’ll both burn some calories!” (he definitely doesn’t need to, but what a sweetheart!)

Thanks to all of your encouragement on my piddly gain. I weighed myself today so I could weigh my baby and discovered I lost 300g (10.5oz). Happy dance! I vow not to obsess over these small amounts, though. And I reached my 'calories in' target yesterday!

Fitness:
Calorie intake between 1200 and 1500 - so close! 1082, Y 1411
Exercise FOUR times this week - N, Y
2L of water every day – Y, Y

Personal:

Clean out the freakin’ car! – N, N
Enjoy the kids. – Y, Y
Old 12-20-2011, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Mike the ring and necklace are beautiful she will love it.

Bindi Your back yard sounds fun I would love to have so much wildlife around.

Well the oil company is back two weeks ago a new tank and new lines now it may be the furnace pump that needs replaced so frustrating it's a good thing we are having a mild winter. I hope you all have a great evening be back later.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Mary—“Hate to waste a month because of a few hard to handle days.” I absolutely love that. It’s a great thing to keep in mind.

Darlene—I hope your heat is sorted out soon! That sounds awful, but you sound like you made the most of it and got in some nice exercise. (Plus, shivering burns calories, right? )

Tori—hope the Day from Hades got better, or at least stayed on track food-wise. Perhaps instead of eating the delicious fattening snacks, you could chuck them at annoying coworkers’/customers’ heads?

Mhibdon—oh no! I’m sorry to hear you had such a rough day. As far as calories go, well, food is first and foremost fuel. Your body needs what your body needs, and it sounds like your eating was a lot more of the “need to keep myself healthy/alive” type than the “FOOD! MUST. CONSUME. EVERYTHING!!1!!one!!” sort, so, hey, it happens.

As far as how today went… I know I’m well over my allotted calories, but I had a Particularly Frightening Incident this morning (semi-disturbing/disgusting description, I’ll leave it in white text on the next line so those so inclined can highlight) and decided that I probably shouldn’t be overly stringent about calories today. Plus I still have a deficit, so, all in all, it wasn’t TOO bad.

The Particularly Frightening Incident:
So I got up this morning to go for a run—I managed 2 full miles (which is a record for me—I am decidedly NOT a runner), and was feeling the exertion by the end, not to mention my chest was hurting from trying to breathe the cold air, but nothing set off alarm bells in my head. Until I got home. I was feeling a little shaky, so I had a banana before I went to shower off. I got in the shower, started to shampoo, and suddenly things went from “a little shaky” to seriously frightening. I felt incredibly dizzy, had to lean on the wall for balance, and my vision was darkening and blurring. I turned off the water and just sat down in the tub, hoping it would pass. I couldn’t focus on anything, I couldn’t make the room stop spinning, and I decidedly could not stand up. It was horrifying, and only made worse by a queasy feeling that was quickly developing. Over the course of the next two or three minutes, I forced myself out of the tub and onto the floor and managed to get the toilet lid open before I actually threw up. Another couple of minutes to get myself up to the sink so I could have a few glasses of water (I keep a cup by the sink to brush my teeth with), and finally I could see straight and sit up without holding onto something—I really do think it was the banana calories kicking in. I managed to finish showering, but was still feeling pretty weak and shaky—it was a struggle to raise my arms high enough to wash my hair, for example.
So I sat myself down for an hour or so and had a larger-than-usual breakfast, and ended up feeling not too bad—I walked almost three miles (round trip to and from babysitting for a friend) without any issues but skipped the gym and decided that a higher-than-normal calorie intake today was probably something to be desired, not avoided.

1. 72 oz of water:>100 oz!, 90 oz
2. Gym and/or run 6 days: Gym, Run
3. BOTH gym and run at least two days: N, Not today
4. Daily calories under 1200: 1199!, 1717
5. Total calorie deficit of 7000: -1087, -525 today/-1612 total
6. Weigh in daily, but don't get discouraged!:Up half a pound, but whatever. Not discouraged!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

Torre - that does sound like low blood sugar, so it was probably a good thing you had that banana before your shower. I get that a lot during pregnancy and food always helps. I do agree with you, to maybe take it easy for the rest of the day. You got in your exercise and did a little more with your walking, too. Glad to hear you're feeling better now, though.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

So....the day pretty much sucked. Not only was it A Day Filled with Stupid People, I wound up going over in calories, again. I wouldn't be super concerned, but I'm still hungry. After working 9 hours with a bunch of morons, I did a little bit of grocery shopping. Our sales ads run Wednesday-Tuesday, so I usually grab what's going off sale on Tuesday afternoon before heading home. I was excited that my calories were on pace for a good day, and when I got home I made the mistake of sitting down after I put away the perishable items. I wound up falling asleep on the couch and not cooking dinner, which means I had to forage for something quickly upon waking because I was starving. That's never a good idea for me.

So as it stands....

Health/Fitness

1--1300 to 1400 calories a day. After trying to stick to 1300 for about a month, I've realized that I can eat upward to 14 an still drop my 2 lbs a week. M-1672 not too bad considering the girls wanted Mexican for lunch today, and I didn't over indulge on the free chips and salsa Tu-1801 and counting
2--limit the soda. I'm NOT stressing over this this week. If I have more than 1 a day, so be it. M-1 and 1/2 Tu-YES
3--lose 2 lbs. With 2 more I should be right under my mini goal of 230. Fingers crossed M-didn't weigh Tu-didn't weigh

Life/Home

1--finish last 3 blankets--M-N Tu-N
2--finish wrapping gifts--M-have only 6 more to go Tu-YES
3--make Christmas cookies. I've had requests for the butterscotch since October--M-N planning on doing these on my day off Wednesday. That way a certain truck driver can have his freaking butterscotch cookies Thursday... Tu-bought absolutely everything I need to bake
4--do not kill coworkers, family or customers--M-YES Tu-I managed not to kill anyone, but I did imagine different death scenarios once or twice
5--relax and enjoy everything--M-Y I was even asked by one of the guys at work if I was "high or something, cause you're never this happy on a Monday" Tu-the day started out rough, but it's ending alright. Currently I'm sitting on the bed with the cat curled up next to me, purring. I can end the day like this anytime!!
Old 12-20-2011, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Had an awesome day. Calories below plan even with lunch out and a reception this afternoon. Made it to the Y, had a walk, did sauna and yoga, and to top it all I had a possible job offer or at least a feeler to see if I'd be interested. I'm not but there are circumstances surrounding the possibility of the offer that are good for my ego.

Mary
Old 12-20-2011, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Had an awesome day. Calories below plan even with lunch out and a reception this afternoon. Made it to the Y, had a walk, did sauna and yoga, and to top it all I had a possible job offer or at least a feeler to see if I'd be interested. I'm not but there are circumstances surrounding the possibility of the offer that are good for my ego.

Mary
WOO HOO MARY!! Glad you had a great/awesome day!
Old 12-20-2011, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Tori. Sorry yours was not good. I know the feeling of dealing with difficult people. Last week I swore my head was going to explode if I heard one more dumb thing.

Mike The present is lovely. Given the style of the ring and the matching necklace she shouldn't think it is an engagement ring although there is always a risk. Hope she loves it

Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.