Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Old 12-19-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

My previous post disappeared Maybe it knows this week will not be good. I'm torn between making the old family favourites or healthy fruits and veggie choices. I'll leave the decision till I see what I weight tomorrow. Had hoped to be down because of prep for tests today however that didn't happen. Could be salt in the laxatives they gave me or the electolytes I drank. Tests over - get to relax for the rest of the day.

If I watch my food I will be down 35 pounds for 2011 -- If I don't I'll be down 30. Either way I plan to be here next year getting rid of another 20.

This week. Eat healthy, drink water, plan meals that don't lead to uncontrolled eating.

Mary
Old 12-19-2011, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Almeeker, I want to see pictures of the rabbits!! They sound adorable!
OMG, they are so stinking cute it's not even funny. But alas they are hiding out at my parents house for the moment, in a storage tote, mom bless her had already assembled a spot for them before I even arrived (mom loves baby bunnies too). I wanted to take a couple of pictures of them, but the kids play with my phone constantly, especially now that they are out of school. If I had taken even a single shot of them, I would have been busted already.

The dutch breeder had buckets of black/white bucks, which is actually what I was looking for. They were so cute with their little black perky ears, while hopping all over each other like puppies, and their sweet little whiskers poking out of the cages to sniff me, my heart would have taken every one of them home in a hot second. But every last one of them had a marking fault, most fairly small but I was shopping for breed stock, so rather than introduce a flaw litter after litter, I was about to leave empty handed, and then I saw the little blue doe, and my heart actually skipped a beat! OMG she's gorgeous! And the breeder is totally game to let us use one of her bucks for a small fee, so it's all good.

Last edited by almeeker; 12-19-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
the kids play with my phone constantly
Old 12-19-2011, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

RABBITS get stud fees!! That seems like quick money.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie – resist the biscotti temptation! Nice to see you back again and good luck this week with all your social functions!

Almeeker – aw, rabbits! They’re illegal to own as pets here. I so wanted one when I was a kid. Your daughter is going to go nuts! I’m stealing your water goal this week, too.

Mike – Nice job on the loss! And thanks for the giggle.

Tori – Good luck getting those last few blankets done. And I like your number 5 goal for Life/Home. I think we all need to adopt that one.

Joanna
– well done on your A’s! Rock those shorts!

Pam – have the Christmas Crazies affected your brain, honey? You did just say you LIKE housework. If I had a rug big enough, everything but the furniture would be swept under it. And my 9yo would be wielding the broom for a chocolate treat.

Torre – good luck stopping yourself from grazing on the nibblies. I also find at gatherings that I’m reaching for the chip bowl or the cheese’n’crackers plate just ‘coz it’s there, not because I actually want it.

Okay, well I hang out every year to be able to hack into the ham leg, so as it happens only once a year, I shan’t limit myself this year. I also know there will be a bit of alcohol involved over Christmas, but I’ve already volunteered for Infant Duty on Christmas night because I’m a super chick, letting my man get a bit silly while I soberly rear the children at 3am. :P Last week I got three sessions of ‘formal’ exercise when my goal was five, so this week I’ll meet it in the middle. I didn’t drink nearly enough water last week, either. I am going for simple again this week as there’s still a boatload to get done.

Fitness:
Calorie intake between 1200 and 1500, so close! 1082
Exercise FOUR times this week: N
2L of water every day: Y

Personal:
Clean out the freakin’ car! N
Enjoy the kids. Y

Last edited by behaze; 12-19-2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Insert yesterday's stats.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Quinn, you have to pull for the Steelers tonight, okay? How awesome would it be if it were NO and GB in the Superbowl!!

Thanks Bindi, I couldn't stop laughing when I read that.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Evening Check In
Goals:

1. 750 Deficit: 751
2. 3 L: 2
3. Take Vitamin: Yes
4. Sleep 8 hours: We’ll see!
5. Walk Steg 3mi: Yes

Mike: Googly eyes about phones? What…?

Darlene: It’s all good! Better for me to feed my body during finals than to have my brain screaming for food instead of remembering equations!

Quinn: Love your “Don’t Stress” goal!!

Mary: Electrolytes are a form/type of salt, so just keep drinking water and you should be good to go in 3 to 5 days! WAY TO GO ON BEING DOWN 30-ish!!!

Goodness gracious, it is not even 8PM and I am already ready to hit the sack and call it a night! Going to wake up at 6AM tomorrow so that I can start my run right as the sun is rising. Not the safest idea ever, but most def one of the most beautiful. I love sunrises!

Last edited by mhibdon; 12-19-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Today I have been totally useless at work, so I might as well go ahead with a nice post to all of you fine people:

mhibdon - so you are pretty much done with school? What's the plan for the holiday break? Somehow I image it will involve clubs and bars.

Cassie - yeah more kitty pix. Looks like a sweety, boy or girl? I still do not understand how you and all the others can go on a holiday baking fest without consuming your weight in baked goods. I did decide to make some ginger crisps and oatmeal cookies, but both are greatly modified for lower fat and sugar. We will just see how long they last.

Zoeduc - welcome back, just remember: portion control

Amy, very cute story about the bunnies, your girls are going to go nuts on Christmas morning. Pictures of the bunnies would be great, but pictures of your girls opening the box will be better.

Mike - I love that sign. There is a little jerky shop on the way up to the mountains that offers samples (they are very good). For a while they had a sign posted saying: These are samples, not your lunch.

Tori - stay calm as you approach the party season and try to pretend that you have suddenly become a picky eater. "Oh does that have sour cream in it? I can't eat that!" "That pastry has butter in it doesn't it? I can't eat that!"

Joanna - you go girl, were them shorts, but don't blame us if you freeze your little tush off! In any event you deserve a holiday just for getting through the semester in grad school, enjoy a well deserved break.

Luv - welcome, I love the goals as an acronym

Mern - No fair! Blood work 2 days after Christmas, there ought to be a law!

Torre - welcome to the loony bin here. Stick to those exercise goals and the rest will follow.

Quinn - ah, get better soon. After all the work you put into house, home and family, you need to be pampered a bit, but not pampered because you don't feel like getting out of bed (or off the coach). Here's hoping you rally soon.

Darlene - how was the tea? Was it a full meal tea? or a snacky-type tea?

Mary - ICK, tests that require a laxitives are on the bottom of my list of fun things to do

Bindi - yup always have liked housework - on my own terms mind you. Keep in mind that I have no kiddos to pick up after and a hubby that is relatively neat, but house work is one of those things that seems to rewards me for the effort. Wierd, I know.

So far so good today (but it's only 4:45 PM PST, so I've got hours to screw up) but I have a number of chores yet to do, so at least my hands will be occupied.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
mhibdon - so you are pretty much done with school? What's the plan for the holiday break? Somehow I image it will involve clubs and bars.
You are correct in thinking that I am home in Charleston for Winter Break!

But, well... you see... I'm in a dilemma: If I go to the bar, I'll be out late and not guaranteed to have a good time because 1. the bartender that I've been chasing since forever no longer works there, and 2. my ex will be in town with their new girl and they both like to drink, so they'll probably be there. OR, I can stay home, get 8 hours of sleep, and focus on my training.

But, I do have to make an appearance and remind everyone that I'm the hottest piece of ass they'll never have. So, I'm considering waiting until there is a big event, or.. Idk Advice? Please? I'm just so tired all the gosh-darned time!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

ex = drama. You know this, we all know this. Frankly this is how I see that situation playing out. You go out, your ex will show up with the new girl. Things will be awkward... at best and could possibly turn into some drama. You're going to get pissed and head back for the night where you'll spend the rest of the night eating, and eating, and eating. Before you know it you'll be some consumed with grief from eating, and eating, and eating so much that you'll have to eat some more... just for the comfort of it. You'll lose focus, drop out of school and just eat some more. Before you know it you'll be as big as a house and you're ex's new women will be the hottest thing around. You'll feel so humiliated that you'll load up Steg and skip town. You'll end up under a bridge with Cassie and Quinn, but they will kick you to the curb b/c you brought Steg instead of 50 cats. I could be wrong, but that's just how I see it. Anyone else unfolding EXACTLY like this?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-19-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.