FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5978-7-day-motivational-thread-dec-19-25-a.html)

dar n 12-20-2011 03:02 PM

Torre If shivering burns calories I should lose a pound tonight lol. Hopefully they will have the pump replaced tomorrow, we do have a couple electric portable heaters running so it's not horrible.:rolleyes: Sorry to hear about your scare today food was probably a good choice low blood sugar can make you feel very strange.

Tori Sorry to hear you had a bad day enjoy your cat love, there is not many things more relaxing then a happy cat in your lap.:)

Mary I am glad your day was great.:)

Have a nice night everyone.

May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope;
The spirit of Christmas which is peace;
The heart of Christmas which is love.

~Ada V. Hendricks

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=0, T=6.2k
Exercise 4 days: M=N, T=Hike
Squats 4 days: M=N, T=Y
Ab work 4 days: M=N, T=Y
Calories less than 1400 Mon thru Thur: M=1063, T=1395 one more bite of avocado would of done me in.
Calories less than 1900 Fri thru Sun: NA
Calorie deficit of 3000 for week: M= -870, T=-848
Christmas company or visits everyday: M=Yes, T=Yes
Slow down and take in or share the holiday spirit: M=Yes, T=Yes

01gt4.6 12-20-2011 04:07 PM

Thanks ladies for the advice! I just got back in from Christmas shopping, I am ALMOST done. :) Diet sucked today.

cjohnson728 12-20-2011 04:58 PM

Sorry no time to catch up...was at work from 8:30 this morning till 8:00 tonight, and all I have to show for it is $200. Sometimes I hate private practice. Came home, inhaled food, decorated two trees, and ran my mile at 11:45. Ready to crash and will catch up with y'all tomorrow afternoon, I hope.

1. Keep calories reasonable (maintenance ~1500-1600) M-F. 1436, burned 1641; 1301, burned 1676
2. Keep a water bottle going throughout the day. Yes, Meh-halfway
3. Run a mile daily (doing this with son who will have to do it next semester in PE). Yes, Yes
4. Weights twice this week.
5. Tennis at least once this week.
6. Log everything and post every day. Yes, Yes
7. 7 hours of sleep. Yes, Fat chance of that this week
8. Get on the scale everyday...not so much for the number, but for the reminder to be mindful. Yes, Yes
9. Don't totally lose control on Christmas Eve or Christmas!
10. Do shoulder exercises every day. Yes, Yes

I hope you all had a great day...I will read the posts tomorrow. Missed you guys today! Be well.

fit4luv 12-20-2011 05:27 PM

Mike * What a wonderful, beautiful gift from your heart!

Torre * Wow! You had quite a day. Do you have access to medical care? Having medical access is a great plus for me. I think of the medical caregivers as part of "my team" in helping me to become fit in a safe way. In any case, I hope that you feel better here on out!

Tori * Well, I hope your next day is more like a day from Heaven, than Hades. So sorry about your bad day.

REPORT:
My FIT 3-week Challenge: FUN*FIBER*FEET
WEEK #1 #2 #3
Focus: *FUN with the kids.M~Y:T~Y

Intake: *FIBER 20g (Ultimate goal=25 g daily)M~Y:T~Y

Train: *FEET (Ultimate goal=70,000 steps/35 miles wkly)
Wear & Record Pedometer usageM~Y:T~Y

Exercise: I enjoyed a walk with my oldest dd -- even in the mist! It felt so good to get some fresh air. Because of wearing my pedometer I've increased my steps today.

I'm staying under my Kcaloric goal, but will need to eat better as far as the Carbs/Protein/Fats go. Thanks to old threads, I believe I'm coming up with a reasonable goal. I know that my fat intake is way out of porportion!!!!

almeeker 12-21-2011 12:51 AM

Tuesday Check-in

Goals:

1. 1,500 calories M-F, not more than 2,000 SS. 1,984, 1,544
2. Exercise 5 hours. 60 min, 0 min (total 1:00)
3. WATER 100 OZ/DAILY (have really slipped on this one lately). Y, Y?
4. Protein 25% or higher, carbs 50% or less. P12%-C50%, P19%-C36%

Other:

1. Wrap all the gifts. N,N
2. Take kids shopping for DH (Wednesday). N,N
3. Make Christmas cookies. N,Y
4. Clean house top to bottom. Fish tank, part kitchen & laundry. N
5. Write Christmas letter and send out Christmas cards. N,N

Yesterday could have been a complete disaster, it wasn't perfect, but it wasn't all that bad either. We started making peanut butter bonbons, which all of us adore. Me especially, so far we have the peanut butter dough made and rolled into balls, we'll dip them later today. Anyway the whole kitchen smells like peanut butter, it's killing me. Yesterday I ate about 8 peanut butter cups worth, but all my meals were very light meals so it's not horrible. Anyway what I did to stay out of them is to make them with Smart Balance peanut butter, which I hate. Somehow it tastes like fish oil to me, and it just isn't worth the calories to eat them. Nobody else has complained, so I think it's just me. I'm thinking about making some with nut chunks and flax seeds too, healthy them up a bit, we'll see. I still have to survive making No Bakes, 7th Heavens, Poor Man's Turtles, Sour Cream Cutter Cookies (with icing and sprinkles), truffles and a double batch of Peanut Butter Love Handles. Most of that will be tonight. Tomorrow the kiddos are going to grandma's house (along with a big box of goodies) so this elf can wrap gifts and shovel out the house.

Cassie, I'm really encouraged by your running a mile every day with the boy. I've been walking on the nights the kids are in the pool, but I should make a point of taking them on a night when they don't have practice.

Mike, I think if the ring and the necklace are in the same box, you're okay. They look like a set, not a proposal. However, I agree that the ring all by itself could be interpreted incorrectly, and lead to disappointment. Because let's face it, even if a woman has decided that she really and truly doesn't want to be married or married again, at one point in her life she's had that "big fat diamond ring" fantasy. Just make sure you're not on bended knee at her feet when you hand it to her.

Quinn, feel better honey. I'm like you, I get really junked up on meds, especially Contact and Theraflu. The last time I had a really bad cold, I took some Contact and then cleaned my house top to bottom.

dar n, woman you are so due for some time off of this heating nightmare. First the tank, now the furnace? Hopefully you have enough errands around town that you can stay warm until the thing is fixed up, maybe you can even get all that done early? Make it a blessing as well as a curse. Christmas usually finds our family with plumbing issues, this year is no exception, the upstairs sink needs to be pulled apart, there is a clog somewhere in the wall and the thingy that fixes it doesn't reach that far down. The last time this happened it was unusable for 3 days. Ugh.

fit4luv, I'm liking your short list, it's catchy and easy to remember. I may have to steal it next week.

Tori, a happy cat in your lap sounds just lovely. Rabbits are nice to hold in your lap too, but they don't purr. I'm very glad you didn't kill anyone, it's nice that you can log on from your home and not prison. Anyway I love the advice to use pastries as weapons, win-win that.

Torre, glad to hear that you managed to fix your weird dizzy experience. I'm going to agree with the low blood sugar theory, especially since it didn't continue like the flu would have. Take it easy for a few days, and maybe eat that banana before you exercise?

Mary, congrats on having a great day, it's always good to have options, even if you aren't looking for them.

Merry Christmas everybody.

quinnesec 12-21-2011 01:37 AM

almeeker,

My family loves to watch me on sinus meds. I do really stupid things, like putting things away in the fridge that don't belong there. lol I kind of feel like I'm in this weird fog. I found myself staring off into space a lot, which isn't a problem unless you stare at strangers like a zombie, which I may or may not have done yesterday. Actually, today I'm feeling really good, so maybe the worst is over. No meds for me today. ;)

Just to be safe, you better send those Smart Balance bonbons to me... better safe than sorry and all... ;) I'm done with my baking (as much as I'm going to do this year) and I'm totally forcing myself to take the entire day and wrap gifts today. (Have to... daughter is home tomorrow.) My problem is I don't know where I squirreled them all away... lol They're around here somewhere... luckily, I have a master list of items. I just have no idea where they are hidden.

Just finished with my menus for the 23rd, 24th and 25th. Shouldn't be too bad. I've really simplified this year. We'll see if anyone notices! :)

Darlene,

So sorry you're going through all of those furnace issues at Christmas! Last year, I had a similar thing happen. I remember posting on here waiting for the repair man to come, typing with fingerless gloves and a down jacket! lol I had a furnace problem, and 2 water heater repairs before the water heater eventually just died. (My third one in 16 years!) There's a horrible, helpless feeling when you don't have heat or hot water. It's miserable. Hang in there. I hope it's all resolved quickly and isn't costly.

Well, I can't put it off any longer... have to start gift wrapping... AARRGGHH!!!

01gt4.6 12-21-2011 01:52 AM

So it looks like the general consensus is that since it's a matching set, in the same box, I should be okay as long as I don't get on one knee. So don't risk it by putting in under the tree and having to kneel down to get it? ;)

quinnesec 12-21-2011 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 65628)
So it looks like the general consensus is that since it's a matching set, in the same box, I should be okay as long as I don't get on one knee. So don't risk it by putting in under the tree and having to kneel down to get it? ;)

Eye level only!!! Remember, mouth of the lion and all!!! :eek::D

01gt4.6 12-21-2011 02:10 AM

This damn dog...

won't let me out of bed. She so damn cute and only wants to cuddle. I think my work week is done. I may go in just to have my calls transferred to my cell. I think I'm going to have a lazy day. I guess that's what I get for not making "real" goals. :( I did write 2 policies on Monday, so I haven't been a total slacker.

Dog owners or Terri,Speaking of dogs, Mytsie's breath stinks (I hope she doesn't read this);). It can gag you. You'd think that Chloe' would be the one with the bad breath since when it comes to her butt she hasn't read the sign about the buffet. Mytsie, not really. How can I get her breath to stop smelling like a dumpster full of rotting carcasses?

01gt4.6 12-21-2011 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 65630)
Eye level only!!! Remember, mouth of the lion and all!!! :eek::D

Maybe you should keep the poker in the fire longer before jabbing me with it. ;) :D