Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Old 12-18-2011, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

Tori, if you're coming down gor Mardi Gras, you might as well sign up for the Rock n Roll Mardi Gras 1/2 marathon. Friday and Saturday was a disaster for me too. I have a feeling that the next 2 weeks will be a struggle.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, if you're coming down gor Mardi Gras, you might as well sign up for the Rock n Roll Mardi Gras 1/2 marathon. Friday and Saturday was a disaster for me too. I have a feeling that the next 2 weeks will be a struggle.
Half Marathon? As in 13.1 miles??? Will there be paramedics??? I'm still struggling with the 3 miles we walk, not sure how I'd do with a 1/2 marathon.

I don't have any major plans this week, party wise, until Christmas Eve....so knock on wood, it'll be better than this past weekend. And after that I'm free until New Years Eve. I was invited to a party by a former coworker, and she said there would be single men there LOL! So, I'm gonna get my party on that night, especially seeing as how I'm off New Year's Day
Old 12-18-2011, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

Yep 13.1. It's not as bad as you'd think. I walk most of it, which is why it takes me about 3 hours. There will be paramedics.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I was looking at the info for the Rock N Roll Marathon and 1/2 Marathon and they're not during Mardi Gras. It's actually March 4th. I was kind of excited at first because they have a 1/2 marathon 2 person relay, which I know I'd be able to handle LOL! Now I'm interested in seeing what's around home. Geez, thanks!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I was invited to a party by a former coworker, and she said there would be single men there LOL! So, I'm gonna get my party on that night, especially seeing as how I'm off New Year's Day
I assumed you were married.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Mike, I was looking at the info for the Rock N Roll Marathon and 1/2 Marathon and they're not during Mardi Gras. It's actually March 4th. I was kind of excited at first because they have a 1/2 marathon 2 person relay, which I know I'd be able to handle LOL! Now I'm interested in seeing what's around home. Geez, thanks!!!
You all look at it ALL wrong. All that means is that you would just have to stay longer. That would give you time to party for Mardi Gras (Mardi Gras ends on Mardi Gras night, February 21st), time to recover before doing the race. Yes their is a relay. I've been trying to talk Amy, Quinn, Cassie and the others to come do it. Maybe you can talk one of them into being your relay partner... assuming you could stay damn for that long. The relay is also split into uneven parts. Like 8 and 5 or something like that. If you or anyone decides to sign up, let me know and I'll locate a coupon code.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-18-2011 at 05:37 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Joining in

Mike - Those pictures look fun!

Tori - I've been surfing around on FitDay Discussion Board and find you to inspire me. Hope I can do the same for others.

Hope this is the right place for my goals. I've posted & then the post flew away. So here goes - I'm going to make this short.

I like acronyms & would like to focus on 3 weeks.

So . ...FUN-FIBER-FEET

Week #1 #2 #3
Focus ~ Fun with the Kids
Intake ~ Fiber (25mg min. daily)
Train ~ Feet (Pedometer-Wear & Chart Daily*Ultimate Goal=10,000 Steps daily)

On to Fitness,
Luv

Last edited by fit4luv; 12-18-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fit4luv

Tori - I've been surfing around on FitDay Discussion Board and find you to inspire me. Hope I can do the same for others.

Hope this is the right place for my goals. I've posted & then the post flew away. So here goes - I'm going to make this short.

So . ...FUN-FIBER-FEET

Week #1 #2 #3

On to Fitness,
Luv
Welcome aboard!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I assumed you were married.
Really? That's one plunge I've never taken. It's just me and the cat....

Originally Posted by 01gt4.5
You all look at it ALL wrong. All that means is that you would just have to stay longer. That would give you time to party for Mardi Gras (Mardi Gras ends on Mardi Gras night, February 21st), time to recover before doing the race. Yes their is a relay. I've been trying to talk Amy, Quinn, Cassie and the others to come do it. Maybe you can talk one of them into being your relay partner... assuming you could stay damn for that long. The relay is also split into uneven parts. Like 8 and 5 or something like that. If you or anyone decides to sign up, let me know and I'll locate a coupon code.
Oh, if I could stay that long I would. Now I'm even wondering if I'm going to get to come for Mardi Gras.....long story.

Originally Posted by fit4luv

So . ...FUN-FIBER-FEET

Week #1 #2 #3

On to Fitness,
Luv
Wow, I'm inspiring?? That's pretty cool! Check back in the morning, the new week's motivational thread will start tomorrow. That's when most of us post our goals for the week, and then try to keep each updated on how the week is going. This week was pretty much a bust for me, but that's what is great about Mondays...you get to forget what went wrong the prior week and focus on the week to come. Welcome aboard!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Tori for explaining how this thread works. I'll be sure to see you in the next round!

And yes, YOU are an inspiration. How about that?!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

EPIC FAIL!

I need to get on here over the weekends. I’m fairly sure that was a downfall when I was on here earlier this year. I’m going to say I achieved my calorie intake on Saturday because by dinner as we were driving home from dropping my son at his granny’s, I realized I’d had all of about two pieces of toast and an orange all day, so we stopped in and got McDonalds - and I may have had a cider or two when we got home. That would have put me right in my target. Weekend was crazy busy and I didn’t get my exercise in – by the time I got fifty seconds to myself, I was foo-barted and said, ‘I’ll do extra tomorrow’ . . .

Mike – beautiful pictures! What a lovely city you live in. Lucky duck! And I'm happy to hear your brother's surgery went well and he's recovering nicely.

Tori – those blankets are the perfect idea for kids who have it all. Beautiful job! My niece calls me, ‘Arrrrn-tee Binnnn-dee’.

Sorry I haven’t caught up with anyone else. Running a little short on time, today.

My sad outcome for last week (though I did well on my personal goals!):

Fitness:
30 minutes of cardio exercise 5 days: Y, Y, N, Y, N, N
Keep calorie count between 1200 and 1500 N, 978; N, 1081, didn’t log, N, 1112, -, -

Personal:
Play a board/console game with my 9yo every day to prove I haven’t forgotten my oldest baby. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, he wasn’t home, he wasn’t home
Be more calm – my sleeplessness shouldn’t be anyone else’s problem but my own. Y, close call, but Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y

Last edited by behaze; 12-18-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.