Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Old 12-15-2011, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

One blanket down, three more to go....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
blanket 1.jpg (53.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
One blanket down, three more to go....
That looks comfy.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Darlene & Main80, I'll try to get y'all on the tree tomorrow.

Health & Fitness
1) Lose 3 pounds (starting @ 182.2)
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies yes, yes, yes, yes
3) Gallon of water yes, yes, yes, yes
DONE 4) 3000 calories deficient -1060. -907, -965, -955 (3887 so far)
5) 1 cheat meal clean, clean, clean, clean
6) Gym x 3 day off, yes, day off, yes
7) No Bread none, I caved, none, none
8) Net Carbs less than 65g/day (not including cheat) 73.6g, 76.8g, 67.8g
9) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed) got up, no, got up
10) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes, yes, yes, yes
b) Vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes
c) Glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes
d) Fluoride rise yes, yes, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
DONE 11) Write 4 policies (have to turn up the heat on this one) 3, 0, 1 (4 so far), 0

Old 12-15-2011, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

Tori - what a cute little blanket! Forgive my ignorance, but are you making them for babies or for animals?
Old 12-15-2011, 04:21 PM
FitDay Member

Time to report, I feel stupid about saying this, but it is SO hard to eat maintenance level calories without eating "junk", I don't know what crazy game my mind and my body are playing, or maybe I am just not that hungry. I have a dinner tomorrow so it should be easier to eat more ?!

1. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Drink water. 2L, 1L, No , 1.5 L
3. Exercise 4 times. No, No, No, No.
4. Sleep before midnight. Close but no, Oh so close. Pffft, I will

Mern, oh dear, I hope Bethany is doing better and she is able to eat soon, great news on it not being a serious disorder. Its surprising how something so little could cause such damage, to imagine all the things we put in our mouths, I saw somewhere that people accidently swallow a lot of paper clips because of this bad habit. Hope her parents are more calm now, really stressful days. As for you, you are a dear always concerned about others. About your plateau, it will break, body is just being stubborn, but you will show who is the boss.

April, hope your doctors appointment went well. I love what you wrote about your husband.

Tori, that blanket looks great, really something to snuggle up in. Yey on the sodas today!

Behaze, it is a great thing to be the youngest only girl and have everyone wrapped around your little finger Hope you manage to get your calories in, its crazy how hard it is to reach a certain number of calories with "proper" food.

Mike, wishing your brother a successful surgery, and you a no getting up night.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:11 PM
FitDay Member

Tori Good job on finishing your shopping. Good for you for staying off the scale if it causes you stress, lots of people only weigh in once a week, I also have a scale obsession and I agree it’s not always healthy. Your blanket is beautiful I admire your artistic ability, I have none so I buy things that people like you make.

Main I am glad your cough is almost gone I hope you make a full recovery before Christmas. You may still be too sick to have your full appetite back yet, I hope you enjoy your dinner out.

Mern We will keep Bethany in our prayers and I hope a diagnosis can be made soon so that they can start on treatment or rule out all possibilities and hopefully she can be home for Christmas. Thanks for the kind words on the avatar pic, I think it’s funny also how some people have looked like what I had imagined and others I wasn’t even close. I hope your scale shows you some love soon I can relate to the discouraging feeling seeing no loss day after day leaves you with but it will pass if we keep making good choices. I don’t think next week will be a good calorie week but its ok I am looking forward to not dieting for a few days and just enjoying the blessings of family, friends and food after all I am celebrating the most important birthday of all.

April I am sorry you are sick I hope it passes soon. As for the Christmas organization I may need to remind you that for the first time in 18 years I am not working so it’s been a lot calmer getting tasks done this year and I clearly remember how much harder it was to juggle all of this last year. I love Christmas every part of it from celebrating Christ’s birthday to cookies left out for santa and all the fun and shiny things in between. I try hard to be done the work part early so starting next week it can be about celebrating and sharing the holiday with family and friends which is really the greatest blessing of the season.

Bindi What a unique name I like it a lot. Thanks for the compliment. I have about half my wrapping done, my 20year old son is moving out in Feb so I got him 2 laundry baskets full of all the stuff he thinks will magically be in his cupboards vitamins, advil ,mustard, mayo, spices, deodorant, toothpaste ,etc. so that’s going to take a bit as I want to wrap it all separately which will drive him crazy lol. I so wish chocolate and candy canes were nutritious but with your 1100 calories you obviously haven’t been tempted yet this week good for you.

Mike I would love to pray for your bothers surgery. Lol 2 for 1 prayer coupons, prayer is free it’s kinda like exercise you just need to do it to see results.

I loved my walk today it was so quaint with all the old fashioned window scenes and it did not rain or snow. Tomorrow my mom is coming to make shortbread with my daughter so another day of fighting temptation or following Aprils cookie rules hmm now that's a plan. In the evening we are all going to walk through a university park that has decorated all the trails with lights and different scenes its about 1.5 hours and it's supposed to be -3c (26f) so I think I will have to go look for the long underwear for that one lol. Well it's crazy late I should get to bed so goodnight all.
I hope you all have a great Friday!

Remember this December,
That love weighs more than gold!

Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=8.2k, T=6k, W=2.5k, T=7.5k
Gym 2 days: 0, 0,0,0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Walk, W=Treadmill, T=Walk
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M= 1226, T=1236, W=1168, T=1192
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-818, T=-685, W=-984, T= -842
Christmas prep or participation everyday: M=Christmas cookie gifts packaged and ready for delivery. T=Cookie bags delivered, gift cards all purchased, mom and dad’s gifts done. W= Started wrapping. T=Walked around a Christmas village and enjoyed the decorations and family time.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, prayers going up for David for successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted how he's doing. Knowing Bethany's mother, she won't be walking around with a toothpick dangling out of her mouth any more.

Main80, congrats on logging everything and on your water. Did I miss something? What's with four days in a row of no exercise? Just really busy? Wish I had some tips for you on how to eat maintenance level calories. I'll bet there are many others here who do, though. I must say I've temporarily held a paper clip between my lips on many occasions--I'll think twice about that in the future. Thanks--Bethany's parents are a lot more calm now. They'll be a whole lot better once her intestines are completely awakened and start functioning properly again so she can eat. They were told it should have happened by now, but that it's too soon to panic. She also has diabetes, so that may have something to do with the delay--I wasn't told that--just wondering.

Darlene, oh, goodness! I hadn't thought of that--there has been no talk of whether Bethany will be well enough to come home by Christmas. Did I read in skimming that you don't think you're photogenic? If so, WRONG! I'm waiting for almeeker (Amy) to put her pic up to see if she looks like the mental image of her that I have. I often develop an image of a poster according to what they write because they remind me of a non-cyberspace acquaintance. I associate my former dental assistant's face with Amy because she is very athletic, a swimmer, and does tons of volunteer work. So glad you enjoyed your walk--sounds wonderful. That's great that your mom is coming to make shortbread. My daughter doesn't bake from scratch, so I have the fun of Christmas cookie baking with my grandkids. Enjoy the lighted walk at the university--IN your long underwear!

bhaze, I love the name Bindi, too.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by behaze
Tori - what a cute little blanket! Forgive my ignorance, but are you making them for babies or for animals?
This particular blanket is for a 2 year old. I still have 3 to go, with ages ranging from 8-12. The fabric for those are a little more "grown up". I was trying to think outside the box this year for gifts. None of the kids actually need anything, and the Want List is a little too rich for AunTori (one word as that's how they pronounce it).

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Tori, that blanket looks great, really something to snuggle up in. Yey on the sodas today.
Thanks! I was pretty proud of myself on the soda too =)
Old 12-16-2011, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Tori Good job on finishing your shopping. Good for you for staying off the scale if it causes you stress, lots of people only weigh in once a week, I also have a scale obsession and I agree it’s not always healthy. Your blanket is beautiful I admire your artistic ability, I have none so I buy things that people like you make.
aww thanks. I'm not sure of "artistic" is the right word. Artistic people are the ones who come up with the ideas. Crafty people, which is what I consider myself, just steal the ideas
Old 12-16-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, the blankets are wonderful. My favorite gifts are the ones people made for me. I'm neither artistic nor crafty--I'm a "grateful recipient" of the artistry and craftiness of others.

UGH, I've got to go baby shopping for a shower tomorrow. I really don't want to go shopping or to the shower, but the shower is for my step-grandson's girlfriend whom I've never met, so I need to go and show my support and welcome the girlfriend into the family. I wish it was a couples shower so DH could go with me, but it's a women only shower. Uh oh--is my martyr complex showing? LOL

Last edited by Mern; 12-16-2011 at 02:27 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.