Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Old 12-12-2011, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, keep pushing, you'll get down to 150!

I'm feeling much better today and actually got some sleep last night. I'm back at work today and have a lot of catching up to do. I probably won't be on much today.

My weight is back up to 182.2

This Week:
Health & Fitness
1) Lose 3 pounds
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies
3) Gallon of water
4) 3000 calories deficient
5) 1 cheat meal
6) Gym x 3
7) No Bread
8) Net Carbs less than 65g/day (not including cheat)
9) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed)
10) Daily:
a) Fish Oil
b) Vitamin
c) Glucosamine
d) Fluoride rise

Non Health & Fitness
11) Write 4 policies (have to turn up the heat on this one)
Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100oz water daily
2. Limit one diet soda daily
3. Walk on lunch
4. Exercise 4 times W-Sun
5. Weight and post weight M: 271.2,Results this week: .....lbs so far

Life Goals ...
1. Make a Christmas Card List

Starting this week 1.6lbs down from last Monday. That included TOTM and some serious stress (that I still have). I call that a WIN for last week!! My hubby is still trying to recover from being sick. His lungs just aren't cooperating. At least he is off work until Wednesday. The bad thing is that he is okay pretty much all day and then can't breathe and coughs all night long. Poor Guy. Tomorrow makes a week that he has been on antibiotics too. Starting yesterday, I have a touch of sinus pressure and sore throat. I went to bed early last night and seem to feel better today for the most part. Just tired and achy neck & shoulders. I hope that a few nights of extra rest fixes me up. I don't get sick easily and usually just need to sleep to fix it.

Oh and.....my weight today makes exactly 60lbs that I have lost in just under 10 months! Oh yeah!!

behaze ... Thank you for noticing my loss. Congrats on your new little baby! Had to keep trying for that girl, huh? LOL ... Go easy getting back into it. You don't want to have a set back.

Yunalee ... Welcome Back! You are doing great with your losses lately!

Cassie ... Glad you are feeling better! How was your 5K?

Mern ... Wow! That is pretty amazing that they saw one kernel of corn in there! She is a very lucky girl! Keep us posted on her if you can.

Mike ... You seem to have the same as my hubby. Pretty decent all day and then hack and no sleep at night. Feel better soon!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. Instead of trying to overload my goals over the holidays, I think that I'm going to keep them very simple. My "all or nothing" thinking might cause me to have a massive slip over Christmas unless I keep it very manageable. A Christmas party Saturday night probably put me in the 3000 calorie range for that day... ugh. If I can hold it together during the week, and just slide on weekends, I'll be happy. My evening schedule is packed with meetings, concerts, etc. for the next 3 weeks so eating healthy food is going to be a challenge. I'll just have to do the best that I can with the options that I'm given.

So, for this week:

* Calories under 1200
* Take vitamins and supplements
* Drink minimum of 60-80 oz. a day
* Take care of the recycling!!!

Welcome back, Cassie. Glad to hear that you're on the mend. Husband can't seem to get back on his feet, although he made it to work today. I sure hope that I can dodge the bullet!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

WOW, I've been busy. I haven't had a chance to get lunch yet. I got to the office late since I finally slept in, I decided to stay in bed. I did already write 3 policies. This could end up being my best week (as far as policy count)! Well back to work I go, I hope I can eat at some point today.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back looking for motivation. My journaling gets a D for December and my Exercise is an E minus! I've got to get back into the journalling. I should start entering my mood as that has been the issue this month. Maybe the 2 cats I'm cat sitting will purr me out of the blues.

Goals for this week

Journal everything
Get back into sauna and yoga

I'm keeping it simple as even that has been a challange these past weeks. Writting the food down has a natural calorie reducing effect,

Mary
Old 12-12-2011, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the baby congrats!

Cassie – hey! I was wondering where your name was in last week’s posts. Climbing back on the wagon is totally counted as exercise!

Mern – wow. What a fortunate story! My thoughts are with your friend’s daughter and a good job that surgeon had his/her eyes open. So was it appendicitis as well, or did they just think it was because of the infection?

Diastasis isn’t painful at all. I didn’t even know I had it until a midwife pointed it out at a routine appointment when I was pregnant with my 9yo (and then it’s been pointed out every time since). It’s kinda ugly, though. If I do a crunch now, you can see the muscle on either side, but a big mountainous ridge running right down the middle of my belly so I have to concentrate to pull them in and make the ridge more hilly than mountainous . Some people get it really badly that they have to have surgery to stitch the muscles back together. So far, I’ve been able to correct it (enough not to look ugly) each time with exercise, so it’ll all be good in a couple of months!

Mike – it’s great to hear you got some solid sleep last night and you’re feeling well enough to begin tackling this week. Nice job on the policy-writing!

April – I hope you hubby gets better soon. Being sick at night sucks. Something about coughing into the midnight silence makes it all feel worse. I hope you can get away with just the trimmings of this thing that’s going around over there and your good sleep helps. Oh, and 60lbs! Happy dance!

For me, owww! If my body wasn’t connected to me, I’m sure it would walk out on me. Thighs, hammies, derriere and back are stiff’n’sore today! As for being calm, yesterday was a rather enjoyable day. My 9yo is on school holidays until February. I had fun playing with him yesterday. For calorie intake - I guess today I need to make sure I actually eat enough.

Fitness:
30 minutes of cardio exercise 5 days: Y
Keep calorie count between 1200 and 1500 N, 978

Personal:
Play a board/console game with my 9yo every day to prove I haven’t forgotten my oldest baby. Y
Be more calm – my sleeplessness shouldn’t be anyone else’s problem but my own. Y

Last edited by behaze; 12-12-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Calories
Old 12-12-2011, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Had a pretty quiet day today due to an unexpected snow storm, and that was just fine with me. After last week's craziness, it was just what I needed to catch my breath. Just wanted to post my numbers before Monday night football.

Mike,
Congrats on the policies! Sounds like you can still pour on the charm, even when you're sick! (Just don't breathe on them... lol)

* Calories under 1200 1261
* Take vitamins and supplements Yes
* Drink minimum of 60-80 oz. a day Yes
* Take care of the recycling!!! No, blizzard.

Last edited by quinnesec; 12-12-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I don't think it's charm . Maybe a bit of luck but thanks . Nice avatar snoopy is cool, he makes a great Red Baron.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, I don't think it's charm . Maybe a bit of luck but thanks . Nice avatar snoopy is cool, he makes a great Red Baron.
It was either Snoopy or Garfield stomping on a bathroom scale... I thought I'd be nice, being Christmas and all. lol (I'll save that one for AFTER Christmas! I got sick of looking at myself...
Old 12-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

I still have you on the tree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.