Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Old 12-08-2011, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I've always had good results from Walgreens offering of whatever kind of meds I needed--almost always has the exact same ingredients as the national brands. Sleep well.

I hope more people contribute their faces or representative avatars so we can all be on the tree together.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Too busy?

Old 12-08-2011, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Thursday

Well, I am definitely feeling much better today! I don't want to be too optimistic but I am thinking that by the end of tomorrow, I should be fine! While I have been really really good with the food goals, I haven't gotten around to getting much exercise done this week since the worst part of this awful cold has been how freaking exhausted I have been!

My goals:

1. No more than 1400 calories per day. 1369/ 1191/ 1235/ 1375
2. Minimum 25% protein. 34%/ 34%/ 30%/ 29%
3. Don't eat white sugar in any form. Y/ Y/ Y/ Y
4. Don't eat white flour in any form. Y/ Y/ Y /Y
5. Take all my vitamins. Y/ Y/ Y/ Y
6. Minimum 2 litres of water per day. Y/ Y/ Y/ Y
7. Exercise 3X (because I'm sick.) Nothing yet!

Other goals:

1. Put up Christmas tree.
2. Get stuff for party. DONE!
3. Vacuum and mop floors. Vacuuming is done!

Darlene, thank you! I hope you got your hike in today and that it was an enjoyable one!

Pam, that is one cute cat in that photo but I do think she could be a very skilled hunter, even if she is so sweet looking.

Tori, so sorry to hear that you got that awful cold too! I am just getting over mine and let me tell you that the first couple of days I was useless. I was so tired I could barely function and the sinuses were killing me.

Mern, you are such a sweetheart!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
FitDay Member

omigosh. I'm totally off track for this week, and I've been awful about checking in to boot, BLAH. I've been on a dead run all week and my lousy time management is wreaking havoc on my goals. tomorrow won't be any better, and this weekend will probably be a total bust as well—just too much going on right now w/holidays and business. I think I may just have to chalk this week up as a loss and start w/a clean slate next week. sorry I haven't been around to make myself accountable for getting my sorry backside healthy and back in shape or to read anyone's posts—hope y'all are all happy and well and ready for Christmas! (or Hannukah or Yule whatever other holiday you might happen to celebrate at this time of year)
Old 12-08-2011, 05:47 PM
FitDay Member

I think posting a report makes no sense at this point, I have done ok with water, bad with exercise and sleeping at normal hours and ok with food, I haven't had the appetite to reach my maintenance level until today. Stupid cough always acts up at night but I am feeling a lot better during the day and at least I have my voice back. Hope everyone is doing well and have a great weekend, I will be travelling so I think my posting will be very limited. See you on Sunday!

Mern, thank you for the card, you are so sweet. I do hope these maintance days work And congratulations to your GD, some ice cream is a deserved celebration.

Joanna, I find logging in sleep is more accurate for me, hope you see good results from it. Be patient.

Mike, hope you get to sleep better! Nice tree, I want in. I will post the pic in another post.

Quinn, congrats on the scholarship news and having the faucet fixed.

Tori, glad to hear your momma is ok but sorry to hear you have joined the sick crowd.

Tanya, sometimes it gets busy, next week is a new week.

April, its great when you don't look your age! That's why I don't mind my birthdays Chloe is cute!

Pam, thanks for the wishes! I agree your kitty looks to cute to be dealing with rats.

Cyndees, congratulations on losing a pound! Request the extension you will feel better after you do.

Darlene, how horrible on the furnace, hope you had a good time caroling.

Almeeker, hope the houses are turning great, thanks for the recipe.

Rose, glad to hear you are feeling better, exercise has been a bust for me as well but you have all green everywhere else.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:54 PM
FitDay Member

Since we are having a pet themed tree here is my furbaby:

A close up of her nose really.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC09602.JPG (37.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-08-2011, 06:27 PM
FitDay Member

I have heat it’s a wonderful thing. My house smells like oil as they couldn’t get the furnace to fire up something to do with the old pump we didn’t get oil delivered until 4pm and the furnace bled and fired up until 8.30 but I am so glad this whole ordeal is over.

Mern When you help raise a National Honor Society member you get to eat ice cream and have a carb treat day glad to hear you jumped back on the low carb eating today though.

Pam Your cat is sweet and I have to vote no she doesn’t look like she can take out a rat lol.

Rose I can’t take Nyquil unless I am going straight to bed it knocks me on my butt but I have never had nightmares that’s a little scary no pun intended. Glad to hear you are feeling better and you have rocked your goals considering you’re sick.

Mike I love the tree it’s a great idea. I hope you are feeling better.

Tori Sorry to hear you are sick also.

Tanya Don’t be too hard on yourself I love the fact that we all start fresh every Monday so do the best you can every day and you get brand new goals in 3 days.

Main80 I am sorry you are still sick. My hike and caroling were both great thanks. Your dog is so cute.

Have a great night everyone.

A Christmas candle is a lovely thing;
It makes no noise at all,
But softly gives itself away.
~Eva Logue

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=7.1k, T=6k, W=2.2k, T= 7k
Gym 2 days: 0,0,0,0,0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Walk, W=Walked/moved furniture, T=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M= 1275, T=1268, W=975, T=968
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-891, T=-876, W= -1027, T=-1207
Christmas prep or participation everyday: M=Appy’s made and frozen for boxing day party. T=7 hours of cookie baking 4 of 6 done. W=Walked through the festival of lights with mom, dad and daughter. T=Went to a caroling get together with my dd at mom and dad’s mobile home park.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:15 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene, I'm thrilled to hear that you have HEAT!!! And thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm almost back to normal today.

Main80, I hope you get better real quick! And your fur baby is absolutely adorable! I love that picture! Dog noses are among the cutest things in the world.

Tanya, being as busy as you are makes dedicating time to your health plan a real challenge but I think you have the right attitude. Just stick around and get back to business as soon as you can. In the long run, you will do great and it's the big picture that counts the most!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 12-08-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Since everyone's sharing pictures of the animals...
Old 12-09-2011, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Logged everything yesterday, but just reporting in short that I met all my goals yesterday except for not getting in my evening fish oil capsules and doing just one mile of aerobic walking instead of two. Other than that, it was a very good goal day.

Mike, I loved the tree the way you had it before, but the additions you made at the bottom of the tree are wonderful. Must have been a lot of work finding and loading those images, though! Thanks for all you do for our group!

Rose, glad to hear you're on the mend. I love your avatar--your little pooch is soooo cute! Great job on your goals--doing that while being sick is really admirable! Aw, you're so nice.

Tanya, you are not alone. Several of us fell off the wagon due to being so busy or sick--or in my case not resisting the urge to cheat. But as my week is calming down, I was able to jump back on the wagon mid-week. However, I've decided I don't want to see all the red in my report, so for the rest of this week I'm not itemizing my list of failures or successes--just will report in one paragraph how I did. Wishing you some good rest and relaxation.

Main80, aw, thanks for your kind understanding about my ice cream cheat. I'm so glad you're making progress on getting well--hope you'll be FULLY recuperated soon! Those coughs are always worse at night. I hope your travelling is enjoyable this weekend. Your furbaby is adorable.

Darlene, thanks for YOUR kind understanding about my carby celebration Wednesday, too. OMG, so glad you finally have heat! That initial firing up oil smell is inconvenient--but when you've been without heat that long, it's a welcome odor! LOL

Last edited by Mern; 12-09-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.