Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Old 12-11-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Hello, everyone! Thought I’d open up this week.

Maybe some of you remember little old me from the beginning of this year? I was plowing through the kilos, fell pregnant, was determined to stay fit and healthy, then kind of slacked off, went MIA, then had my beautiful baby girl on the 11/11/11. Fourth child, first girl, last one! I think we’re done procreating, even if we are peopling our severely under-populated planet with ridiculously good-looking children.

I was so well-behaved in the beginning of my pregnancy. Around July, the water in our tanks became contaminated and we all got violently ill and were sick for weeks before we realized what was making us sick. During those weeks, I didn’t do any exercise which meant it was very difficult to start back up again. I went easy for the first week or two, intending to do more in the following weeks, but sort of never got around to it. At the end, I lost all control and got stuck into greasy takeaway. In all, I didn’t gain that much weight, but as of now, four weeks after birth, I have roughly 8kgs or 17lbs to lose to get back to where I was pre-pregnancy, then I can continue on the journey to a healthy weight that I abandoned all those months ago.

So, I must take it relatively easy on my abdominals for a couple more weeks as I get diastasis through pregnancy (separation of abdominal muscles) and if I go too hard trying to get them back in shape in the early weeks, I can do damage and be set back for weeks or months (past experience talking). I want all that energy I had before I left here back – no, scrap that; I need all that energy back!

Okay, I haven’t read through all the posts from last week, but I’ve scanned a few pages, so sorry if I’ve missed important happenings:

April – Holy Jeez Louise! Well done, woman! You’ve lost almost 60lbs since I ‘saw’ you last! What an accomplishment! Sorry for all the exclamation marks – I’m just so excited for you!

Rose – Last I heard, Chico was sick. I’m so glad things are going well. And you’re almost halfway to your goal weight, too. Wow and well done!

Mike – I’m hoping this week sees you feeling much better. 

Mern – You’ve shed 25lbs already! Good on you. *round of applause*

Almeeker – You’ve only got 37lbs to go! Woot!

Quinn – How’s your indoor pool coming along? :P

A big, cheerful howdy to the ‘new’ people I haven’t met yet.

My goals for this week are few and simple:

Fitness:
30 minutes of cardio exercise 5 days
Keep calorie count between 1200 and 1500

Personal:
Play a board/console game with my 9yo every day to prove I haven’t forgotten my oldest baby.
Be more calm – my sleeplessness shouldn’t be anyone else’s problem but my own.

Hope everyone's getting their Christmas shopping done!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the new baby. Was she born at 11:11?
Old 12-11-2011, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hehe, Mike and thanks! No, but close - she was born at 12 to 12 (11.48pm). So it's still kinda catchy, right?
Old 12-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by behaze
Hehe, Mike and thanks! No, but close - she was born at 12 to 12 (11.48pm). So it's still kinda catchy, right?
wow, you should have push a little harder! Still catchy though
Old 12-11-2011, 10:51 AM
FitDay Member

The midwife tried to get the doctor to change the official time of birth to 11.11, but apparently that's not allowed.

You feeling better this week, Mike?
Old 12-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for asking, I think so but really won't know until later tonight.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

hmm... wondering if i should pop bac in here , i know i've been gone for awhile, and at this point mostly just need motivation to not be lazy ha ha!.

currently set up on a weight-loos program that helps with my eating and such been working pretty good, but i feel i'll need to get off my lazy bum soon, with x-mas around the corner as well
Old 12-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, everyone

I'm climbing back on the wagon today after being sick for more than a week...unfortunately not the kind of sick where I didn't have an appetite, the kind of sick where I just felt like lying around and eating whatever I felt like . Coupled with the lack of energy to exercise and some holiday functions, it did not result in a good set of situations, so I need to get cracking here! About the only thing I did right (though, being sick, it probably created a relapse) was to run my 5K Saturday a week ago. So, all that being said, here are some goals; back to my basics that I know work:

1. 1200 calories or fewer.
2. Follow what works for my pie chart.
3. Log absolutely everything.
4. Drink 3 sports bottles of water daily.
5. Take vitamins and calcium.
6. Exercise 7 times.
7. Do shoulder exercises.
8. Get in bed by midnight, 1 AM Friday and Saturday.
9. Post daily.
10. Focus on something wonderful that happened during the day (thx Quinn).

Behaze, glad to see you again, and congrats on your beautiful bundle of joy! Four kids under age 10...kudos to you!

Yunalee, congrats on your success so far; glad to have you here as well.

Mike, I see we have avatars again...what's up with the hammer love??

Okay, time to get cracking on reports. I'm on top of things at work and want to stay that way...things on the home front are another matter . Wishing you all a great week!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

heres a short list for me of things i'd like to get done this week.

Packing, pack a few things everyday this week(my room is a huge mess haha):
finish home work by friday:
try do do something fit wise this week (walking or swiming, wii fit, anything i've been pretty inactive lately):

i can't think of anything else to add atm
Old 12-12-2011, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

My goals for this week:

Averages:
Calories 1600 (I weigh over 215, so that leaves me quite a nice deficit)
Cholesterol 300mg
Carbs less fiber 25g
Fiber 30g

Veggies 5 servings
Sugar Free Chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day
Fish oil and vitamin D, green tea capsules for help with water retention

Exercise 5 days
Water: aiming for over 48 ounces

Something wonderful that happened: a piece of corn. This past Saturday a 13 year old friend of my family had emergency surgery for what they thought was a appendicitis. After removing the appendix, they were ready to close the incision when the surgeon spotted a piece of corn--which "sounded the alarm" that there was a hole in her large intestine somewhere. They found the hole AND a massive infection. Had to remove part of her large intestine and a piece of her colon. The surgeon told her mother that piece of corn literally saved her life. She may be facing more surgery--may know more today. Prayers appreciated from those of you so inclined. Thanks.

Cassie, we surely did miss you. Glad you're back with us! So sorry to learn you were sick! I really do think when we're sick and our bodies want food, it's GOOD to give in and satisfy the hunger or cravings. Kudos on running the 5k, but really sorry it attributed to your being sick longer--makes sense that it would. Best wishes with staying on top of things both at work and at home.

Behaze, welcome back and major congrats on that beautiful baby girl. OMG that separation of the abdominal muscles--is that painful or debilitating? Sounds awful. Wishing you ease in getting your muscles back up to par and then moving on to shed the 17 lbs. of extra baby weight. Thanks for your encouragement on my loss so far. Yes, 11/11/11 at 12 to 12 IS catchy. LOL

Oh, Mike, I burst out laughing when you said bhaze should have pushed a little harder to get her baby out at 11:11 instead of 12 to 12.

Yunalee, welcome back to you, too! Congrats on losing those 10.8 pounds so quickly. Best wishes on your list of goals this week.

Mike, I'm at 215.5 right now and would like to eventually get down to 150 and then see how I feel. At 65 I'm not looking to return to the body of a 20 year old, but rather to feel better about my appearance, be healthier, and more fit.

Tori, I soooo admire you for logging your food even if you know it's over your target in calories. But, as I told Cassie, I believe when we're sick our bodies may benefit from the extra calories if we're hungry, extra Mt. Dew (LOL) or whatever and DESPITE that, you still lost 2 lbs. Way to go! Give yourself credit for each and every good accomplishment last week when you were sick. Hope you're fully recuperated soon.

Pam, you are so right. Age IS just a number. I also agree this is a fun group. Good place to get a daily chuckle.

Darlene, congrats on getting compliments on how you looked in your little black dress. And kudos on all that exercise you got without even going to the gym! Your report for last week is fabulous! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Mern; 12-12-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.