Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Old 12-10-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I'll bet people wonder if YOU had any work done to look so great. LOL on the cold preserving your skin. I agree that extra weight makes one look older and Mike's side-by-side before and after pics attest to that.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

I gotta get off here and go scrounge up some dinner. Have no idea what to fix--maybe some salmon patties. It's gotta be something quick because I don't feel like cooking.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Haha.... No, you're not creeping me out. The comparison is very flattering. When you're my age, believe me, there are much worse people that you can be compared to! lol She's actually about 6 years older than me. Doesn't she look great?? I wonder if she's had any "work" done? I think that I feel and act a lot younger since I reached my goal weight... kind of a mind game, you know? People are always telling me that I look like someone. It's weird. I think I have pretty good genes, as well. Two of my grandparents lived to be well over 100! My standard joke is that it's so bloody cold here that it freezes our skin and kind of "preserves" it!
She is smoking! She puts the "M" in ummmmm Mamma Mia

Extra weight automatically makes you look old, I think. Just like with your "before" picture. You look incredibly younger now, and I bet a lot of people tell you that in person all the time.
I don't think I'm contagious... maybe my sucking up is.

Yea! You bought a heating pad!! Doesn't it feel awesome when you're sick?? I lay on mine at night when I watch tv for my back, but the down-side is that it puts me to sleep in about 10 minutes every time!
It's wonderful, the true test will be tonight. That's when I start hacking and coughing. Enjoy your party!

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, I like that pic of you! Another friendly, smiling face for the cyber Christmas tree. What a bummer that the computer was down after you drove all that way and spent all that time with the clients. BUT, you know you sealed the deal, so that's a plus. So are you going to reconsider the steroid shot--a couple seconds of needle stick vs. added days of misery without it? Easy for me to say--I have a blood test every three-four months so I'm used to the needles. Whatever, I hope you get well soon. Thanks for your support on my food and exercise. Can't remember why, but I took off Monday, so had to exercise five days in a row to meet my goal because I need tomorrow off. That was hard for me, but right now I'm very motivated thanks to this group. Wow, that was a great Google comparison search of Quinn's picture! Thumbs up to you, Mike!
That's my problem, I've gotten use to them and need a break. In the past few months I have three 25 foot long needles in my back, 3 IV's and blood work. I have to have blood work again in a few more weeks, kinda just wanted a break... but I may change my find if I continue to feel like I'm going to cough my eyeballs out. Thanks for the comment on the pic, that was before I really got fat. This was at my peak.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I guess the grandma was coming out in me. I see where you're coming from now on the needles--forgot about the IVs and the "25 foot long" edpidural needles. Only you can decide what's best as far as the steroid injection goes.

I love your smile in that pic at your peak weight, Mike. I'll bet you feel a whole lot better since losing all that weight--and you DO look younger in your "after" pictures. At my peak weight of 246 lbs. I had trouble bending over to tie my shoes; I'd get all out of breath just from taking a shower and getting dressed; used to knee myself in the belly walking up stairs... Thirty one pounds made a world of difference to me, but I've still got a long way to go.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern. 31 pounds is a world of difference, congrats on go so far already. How much more are you wanting to lose?
Old 12-10-2011, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry I've been MIA, this being sick crap is the pits! I haven't even checked my email in 3 days I have however been diligent in logging my foods It hasn't been good....but it is what it is.

Health/Fitness
1--no more than 1300 calories a day....it worked last week, why not push it for another M-1149 Tu-1263 W-1169 Th-1916 F-2178 HOLY CRAP!!

2--1 Dt Dew a day.....last week was a good week Dew wise, hoping this one is great M-no Tu-no W-YES Th-YES F-no

3--log everything! really not that hard, I tend to log what I plan on eating for the day either the night before, or at least right after breakfast M-YES T-YES W-YES Th-YES F-YES

4--at least 64 oz of water a day.....I'm almost at that now, so it shouldn't be super hard M-YES T-no W-YES Th-no F-no

5--exercise 5 times....was almost there last week, but got lazy those last 2 day M-YES T-no W-YES Th-no F-no

6--carbs no more than 40% daily.....a new goal for me, gonna see how it goes M-39% T-43% W-34% Th-44% F-33%

7--lose at least 2 lbs M-didn't weigh T-still haven't weighed W-YES, already! and not just 2 but 3!!! Let's hope it sticks Th-didn't weight F-didn't weigh

Life/Home
1--clean out car. long over due---nope

2--clean cat's bathroom---kinda

3--finish all laundry---nope

4--actually start my "real" Christmas shopping....having only purchased 2 gifts this late in the season isn't acceptable---actually made it to the mall and got some gifts. I have a crap load more to buy, but at least I've finally started. AND got a really good deal at Bath & Body Works. Their full size lotions, body washes, bubble baths, and such were buy 3 get 3 free!!

5--run by PetSmart and only buy cat food and litter....she doesn't need any more toys!!---DONE

6--take Spring/Summer clothes out of the closet and replace with Winter, living out of Rubbermaid totes isn't what an adult should do....stupid moving from one house to another, still has me in a tizzy---it's probably going to be Sunday before I get to this

7--actually do all job related paperwork on time, no more holding over til the next Monday, all it does is get me further behind---still sitting in a pile on the desk

I'm starting to feel a little bit better, hopefully I haven't completely gone off the deep end and gained any weight. But, if I did I'll just have to start over on Monday. Gnight all!
Old 12-10-2011, 04:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

You all are cracking me up! What a great, fun group of people to hang around with. We all know age is just a number, by the way. OK wanted to acknowlege you all before I hit the hay. It has been a very active day - let you all know about it tomorrow!

nighty-nite!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

I hate these sleepless nights. It's a good thing that I got some sleep during the day.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--no more than 1300 calories a day....it worked last week, why not push it for another M-1149 Tu-1263 W-1169 Th-1916 F-2178 HOLY CRAP!! Sa-1908

2--1 Dt Dew a day.....last week was a good week Dew wise, hoping this one is great M-no Tu-no W-YES Th-YES F-no Sa-no

3--log everything! really not that hard, I tend to log what I plan on eating for the day either the night before, or at least right after breakfast M-YES Tu-YES W-YES Th-YES F-YES Sa-YES

4--at least 64 oz of water a day.....I'm almost at that now, so it shouldn't be super hard M-YES Tu-no W-YES Th-no F-no Sa-nope

5--exercise 5 times....was almost there last week, but got lazy those last 2 day M-YES Tu-no W-YES Th-no F-no Sa-no It's a lost cause this week

6--carbs no more than 40% daily.....a new goal for me, gonna see how it goes M-39% Tu-43% W-34% Th-44% F-33% Sa-53%

7--lose at least 2 lbs M-didn't weigh Tu-still haven't weighed W-YES, already! and not just 2 but 3!!! Let's hope it sticks Th-didn't weight F-didn't weigh Sa-holding steady with the 3lbs lost

Life/Home
1--clean out car. long over due---nope

2--clean cat's bathroom---kinda

3--finish all laundry---nope

4--actually start my "real" Christmas shopping....having only purchased 2 gifts this late in the season isn't acceptable---need to do some more shopping today, not sure if it's going to happen though

5--run by PetSmart and only buy cat food and litter....she doesn't need any more toys!!---DONE

6--take Spring/Summer clothes out of the closet and replace with Winter, living out of Rubbermaid totes isn't what an adult should do....stupid moving from one house to another, still has me in a tizzy---eeehhh, I'll think about it for next week

7--actually do all job related paperwork on time, no more holding over til the next Monday, all it does is get me further behind---MUST BE DONE TODAY **sigh**

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! And my fellow FitDayers that are under the weather, I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon....myself included. If this doesn't clear up soon I'm headed to the doctor
Old 12-11-2011, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

kudos to Tori for sticking out the weekend. We need more weekend warriors like you instead of punks like me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.