Notices

Found some great foods!!!

Old 12-01-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Found some great foods!!!

When I first started my diet (almost 3 months now), I was eating mostly salads with chicken and lite dressing. I was wondering how would I be able to stay on this diet if I don't eat more than just that. Then I found Lean Cuisine (also Lean Cafe by Walmart). There are pizzas, dips and pita bread, comfort foods, steamers, paninis, and lots of them. Wish they would make a dessert also. So to make sure I get the calories I need (1200-1500), I make sure I eat one of the higher calorie ones during the day. Most Lean Cuisine is about 250 calories but the Paninis and pizzas are 350. So now I have a large assortment to choose from and won't get bored with the food. Since I started my diet I am now off my diabetes and blood pressure meds. The doctors say I'm doing well and put me on vitamins with iron to make sure I get all the nutrients I need.
The main thing is DO NOT GET STRESSED! If you make a mistake let it go and learn from it. Don't beat yourself up over it, learn from it. Remember STRESSED SPELLED BACKWARDS IS DESSERTS.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well done Wanda! Glad you found some variety. I totally agree, as much as I love salads, woman does not live by salads alone
Old 12-02-2011, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

I love these!! I work 11-7pm everyday and I use this at my 5:30 or 6:00 pm for my dinners. I am going to look at a sweet desert in the freezer section for 1 time a week. I also use Health Choice, and Steamers!! love them!

Of course, my philosophy on eating is, doesn't matter if it tastes good, it is a meal, eat it. Eating, Done!

einsteinb
Old 12-03-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

I've decided that I want to try some smoothies also. That way you get fresh fruit in there and it cures the need for sweets. I will simply use non-fat milk or non-fat yogurt and lots of fruits and veggies. My favorite mix is mango, carrot and blueberry. I use to love blackberry and raspberry but hate the seeds. I'm also going to try pomegranate since that is really great for people. Not sure how pomegranate, mango and carrot will taste but definitely sounds good. LOL
Old 12-03-2011, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

There are some low calorie desserts in the freezer section. Smart Ones makes some and also Fudgsicle has chocolate popsicles that are 40 calories a piece (sugar free). Laughing Cow has some low calorie desserts too. Also sometimes just having some fresh fruit with maybe a light whipped topping on them is good too. I also found out there is sugar free hershey's syrup you can use in smoothies or to make chocolate milk, and also sugar free pancake syrup you can use on low calorie bread or something like that.

Sometimes I get a little irritated that even though there are so many wonderful options to have sweet things on a diet, there aren't as many good substitutes for savory foods.

The only bad thing about frozen dinners is that they have high sodium so you should watch your sodium intake.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Wanda51
I've decided that I want to try some smoothies also. That way you get fresh fruit in there and it cures the need for sweets. I will simply use non-fat milk or non-fat yogurt and lots of fruits and veggies. My favorite mix is mango, carrot and blueberry. I use to love blackberry and raspberry but hate the seeds. I'm also going to try pomegranate since that is really great for people. Not sure how pomegranate, mango and carrot will taste but definitely sounds good. LOL
If you add a sliced, frozen banana it gives the smoothie an ice-cream like consistency.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

I never add salt to foods except in the water when I'm cooking (rice, noodles). But I've been watching my sodium and eat mostly salads. I did try a Weight Watchers Lasagna. It was low on calories (250), low on sodium (350), low on carbs (31) and low on taste. YUCK!!!! I'll stick to Lean Cuisine and even Walmarts have their own light brand which is great and cheap.