Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 11-28-2011, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Happy Post-Thanksgiving week, everyone!

Mike, thanks for getting us going this week. Hope you are well!

Amy, I admire you slogging through shopping this weekend. Sounds like you've gotten your prep underway for the next holiday.

Mern, I'm so sorry you lost your ring. Maybe, as Amy suggested, you could get a new one at 40 instead. My husband has had problems with his recently as well. He has lost weight and since his ring is titanium, it can't be resized. He lost it at work for months, then a coworker found it; just this Thursday he lost it at the airport; it flew off his finger while going through security. When we packed up Saturday, it was in an edge of his carryon bag...which they had even run through the scanner to check for the ring. Long story short, it may show up unexpectedly for you; I hope so!

Terri, how awesome are you to lose weight over turkey day?? Congrats on getting to the 150s! Super happy for you! I hope those headaches are gone and that you can figure out with your doc what the right choice is for you with the other issue.

Quinn, what else can I say but "I feel your pain"? I know you will pull it back on track. Thanksgiving dinner wasn't my problem, either; it was the snacky snacky over the next few days. And goodness knows there was all sorts of evil stuff to snack on! I was into three kinds of pie, appetizers, and some previously forbidden treats from that pantry.

I think part of the problem was getting on my mom's scale and seeing that I was a half pound under my preferred low weight (though who knows how that compares to my scale). I guess that led me to think I could be less careful, and once the carb, sugar, salty train started, there was no stopping it. I didn't exercise at all this weekend, either, though I did run 3 miles on Thanksgiving morning and had a two hour hike on part of the AT with my brother Friday.

Yesterday we stopped for lunch at a barbecue place, and something we ate didn't agree with us, so today I'm kind of in forced recovery and trying to stick to bland foods. If I can hold off on the offending foods and get the cravings out of my system for a few days, I'll be in much better shape and may decide to face the scale Friday, but no promises!

Ah well, on to some goals:

1. No more than 1300 calories daily.
2. Exercise 6 times this week.
3. Drink water, drink water, drink water.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements.
5. Log everything.
6. Do shoulder exercises.
7. Follow pie chart rules.

8. Resolve weekend plans.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm in.
Up about a pound, which, believe me, I'll take. All in all the holiday and brunch was so much fun I'm not going to fret.

Thanksgiving night I was as stuffed as I have been in many years. Many turkey days it is just DH and maybe a relative or friend or 2. This year there were 17 people around 2 tables. Ages ranged from 7 to 84. There seems to be something about such a large group that kept me refilling my plate .

In general this is a very healthy group, for many years I was the fatty around the table - and I really wasn't all that heavy. I was a little surprised at how few veggies were served. Cousin-in-law did a lovely succatash using soybeans and a nice cranberry relish, but no salad (highly unusual for this group), or other veggies. If we do this again I'll voluteer to provide a salad in addition to the pumpkin cheesecake, which recieved rave reviews BTW and is now thankfully gone!

Terri, oh man what a way to spend the weekend - I am so sorry about the headaches. I guess there was an upside - but I am sure you would have preferred to skip the cause of your weight loss. Big congrats in any event.

Quinn and CJ, you both are so resilient and resourceful I am confident the new pounds will disappear as quickly as they appeared, just keep your eye on the prize - not the cookie jar, pie plate or .

Joanna - you are a rock star, well done!

Amy, I really do not understand how you can manage all the things you do, it exhausts me just to read your posts. Woman, I sure hope you can find a little down time to just take a rest - whew!

Everyone else: safety and support in numbers here, lets stick together.

I'm going back to the basic goals:
Diet & Fitness
1.) 80oz water (coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count)
2.) Carbs less than 30%
3.) Protein @ 90g
4.) 1 (or less) glass of beer or wine w/dinner
5.) 2 servings of fruit per day
6.) No white foods
7.) 2 yoga, 2 X-fit, (possible race on Sunday)

Work & Home:
8.) Finish booking Feb X-C train trip
9.) Get rat exterminator estimate
10.) Finish presents for east coast relatives
11.) Chip tree branches
12.) Wash patio windows
13.) Get decorations down and up
14.) Start cleaning out the garage rafters.
15.) Offer a gratitude every morining.

OK, better get back to work, now.

Stay calm and strong everyone!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Amy I am glad you enjoyed your holiday even with too much food and I am sure with how much you exercise you will bounce back easily. I hang my head in shame it was rainy and my hubby had to hang tarps to lay the pad so my girly butt stayed inside and put up Christmas decorations for half of the job. I did help with the frame and trimming my favorite lilac tree so the tank will fit and I helped mix the first 3 bags in the carport so he could lay the gravel. So maybe I could wear a pink tool belt I don’t think I earned the hard hat this time but I am pretty happy I did try to be involved and he seemed to like that at least he had someone to roll his eyes at in a loving way. The basement is going to be remodeled into a suite for our daughter with her condition she needs to be supervised but we all agree she needs some independent space and so do we so this is a great compromise. Our son moves out in Feb and he is currently living in the rec room and she’s in the bedroom downstairs there is a bathroom and a huge laundry room so lots of space and potential. The space under the stairs will become storage and the front half hubby will build her a pantry it’s an odd shape pretty much an upside down L shape so not really useful as a room.

Joanna One pumpkin pie=1 pound that doesn’t sound so bad, in fact I wonder if it works with banana cream pie it’s fruit right lol.

Quinn I can relate to the little black dress dilemma I need to wear mine on the 10th that’s 12 days and I was hoping to be 142 which is what I was when I bought it, I don’t think that’s going to happen but I am still working hard to try to get there. All this pie talk is making me want one good thing theirs none in my house right now.

Mern Thanks for your kind words. I hope your hubby did move your ring! Mern I love that you are counting your blessings I will wait eagerly every day to read them. I have really enjoyed Quinn’s goal of posting something wonderful everyday some nights I really had to think about what to post and it’s really made me realize that many wonderful things happen in my life every day that I tend to overlook.

Terri Way to go on the new weight! Sorry to hear about your headaches I hope they leave soon it’s so hard to function with a headache.

Cassie Put the bad food memories behind you and just remember the good family ones you will bounce back this week like Amy you are pretty committed to exercising so that will help.

Pam I am glad you enjoyed your holiday and all your treats.

Hope you all enjoy your day. The sun is shining for my hike so I am pretty happy, its cold but that’s ok. I have to go out this afternoon and try to find a gift for one of my closest friends who doesn’t celebrate Christmas so it requires a lot of thought as I am the only person who risks buying her traditional Christmas things but every year she puts them out on her shelf and tells people it’s to make her Christian friend happy so I chuckle and continue to buy her things.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Whew... glad that's over

I have to say the bad news is I didn't lose any weight. But the GOOD news is... I didn't gain any weight!!!
I'm going to try this again, this time without Thanksgiving rearing its ugly food laden head...

Weight & Health - 158 lbs (end goal 148 by Dec 31)
1. 1200-1400 cal per day
2. Jog/walk 21 miles for the week
3. 15 pushups, 75 crunchies, 60 sec plank, weights daily
4. 64 oz water minimum daily

Other than Weight & Health:
1. Request 6 mo. extension on Masters thesis - still didn't do this
2. Complete rough draft of 1st chapter of thesis - yeah... didn't do squat last week
3. Financial - start budget (again... didn't do squat)
4. Stay focused at work (after all that's what I'm paid for...)
5. ... that's enough...
Old 11-28-2011, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Popping in to write down my goals for this week. Hope to catch up with all of the posts later.

I did fairly well this weekend. I overate at meals but didn't snack in between. And most days I only ate breakfast & dinner and pie in the evening of course. It must have been okay with my body as I didn't gain or lose.

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes (already!),
2. walk on lunch min 1-1/2 miles M: 1-1/2miles,
3. workout 4 times from weds - sun
4. allow one day to buy dessert to eat with lunch (strawberries over angel food cake) M: didn't buy,
5. No added salt
6. Limit one diet soda daily
7. Log in and report all 7 days M: Yes,
8. Weight and post weight M: 274.4,

Life Goals ...
1. Water Christmas tree
2. Do paperwork daily at work M: Yes,
3. File home paperwork

I have skimmed the posts and it seems that most of us had a pretty enjoyable weekend even though we mostly all ate too much. It's okay. We can all overcome that. It is the time spent with family and friends that we can't get back if we hadn't spent it.

Mern ... I am very sorry about your lost ring. I totally agree with you on the sentimental value of that ring. I have my original ring that 18-1/2 yrs ago cost about $130. It does have a diamond but not the rock that most ladies around here are sporting. I have even been asked why I don't ask for a larger one. I don't because this one is what we could afford when we got together and this is the one that my hubby picked out for me. I wouldn't object if he wanted to surprise me with a larger one but right now I know that is not in the budget.

Mike ... I would have had to check the tv myself before throwing it away. I would be so mad right now if I were you. But mostly kicking myself in the ass.

Cyndee ... Welcome back. Looks like a nice set of goals you have there.

Darlene ... You kicked butt on your walking goal last week and it paid off! Congrats on the 2 lb loss!!

Terri ... Sorry to hear about the headaches. I hope you get that worked out.

Sorry to anybody I missed, but today was very hectic at work.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

I'm back to square one (or round one, since my gut is round). I weighed in at 184.6#'s. I probably consumed 20,000 calories over the last 4 days of last week.

Recap of Last Week:
Health & Fitness
Fail 1) Lose 1 pound No (184.6#)
Fail 2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies 4, 5, 4, ?, ?, ?, ?
Fail 3) Gallon of water I think so, yes, yes, yes, ?, ?, ?
Fail 4) 3000 calories deficient (not including Thanksgiving) -679, -752 (that seems wrong though, I don't think I was THAT deficient), -87, ?, ?, ?, ?
Fail 5) Walk 13 miles 2.5, 0 (rain rain go away), 2.0, 0, 3, 0, 0 (7.5 total)
Fail 6) 1 cheat day (Thanksgiving) clean, still clean, clean, cheat, cheat, cheat
Fail 7) Gym x 3 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0
Fail 8) 200 pushups 0, 0, 60, 0, 35, 0, 0 (95 total)
9) Daily:
Done a) Fish Oil yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Done b) Vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Done c) Glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
Fail 10) Write 2 policies 0, 0, 0 (it's not looking good)
__________________________________________________ ______
This Week:
Health & Fitness
1) Lose 2 pounds
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies
3) Gallon of water
4) 3000 calories deficient
5) Walk 13 miles
6) 1 cheat meal
7) Gym x 3
8) No Bread
9) Net Carbs less than 65g/day
10) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed)
11) Daily:
a) Fish Oil
b) Vitamin
c) Glucosamine
d) Fluoride rise

Non Health & Fitness
12) Write 3 policies

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-28-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone. Well just wanted to share some news...I am pregnant with Baby #2. This, on top of my new job killing me, has taken me away from all of you over the last month or so. Sadly...and I know its going to sound like an excuse...but between my husband never being home for work, me working late and/or feeling nauseous, there really has been no time for me to work out. I'm in bed by 8:30-9pm every night and up at 5am. So trying to get back down to my goal weight is a thing of the past for now. I know some of you are friends with me on Facebook but please don't say anything there since only a few family members know. But I felt I had to share with you guys since you have been so kind and supportive to me. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and I will try to get on here more often to check in with all of you.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations, Ann! Welcome back, and I'm glad you checked in with your happy news. Please take care of yourself; hopefully you'll get some energy back soon .
Old 11-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats Ann, now we REALLY see what you've been doing in your spare time... making a baby.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations, Ann! That's wonderful news!

Day one of being back on track went really, really well. I'm glad to be back in control and, hopefully, the extra pounds will start to disappear.

Mike,
Enjoy the Saints game tonight! With Manning and Brees, it should be a fun one to watch.

1. Calories under 1200. 1009
2. 4 fruits and veggies a day. 4
3. 80 oz. of liquids a day. Yes
4. NO bread until Friday. 0
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
6. NO eating after supper... brush your teeth and read something! On my way to brush.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.