Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not one that's into chrome, but I found what I want if we do a secret Santa. Suzuki : GSX-R Suzuki : GSX-R | eBay

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyygggggggggggggaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwddddddddddddddd dd. That thing is CRAZY!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm not one that's into chrome, but I found what I want if we do a secret Santa. Suzuki : GSX-R Suzuki : GSX-R | eBay

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyygggggggggggggaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwddddddddddddddd dd. That thing is CRAZY!
Homeboy... this is Secret Santa, not Secret Buy-me-a-motor OR Secret Pay-my-tuition. It would be nice though ;P
Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

I just got done with a wonderful supper and man, does the house smell good. I took a big roasting pan and cubed sweet potatoes, squash, red onion, a Yukon Gold potato, and green pepper. Know what I got?? KILLED on my carbs for the day! Even though I didn't have a single piece of bread, my carbs are at 55% for the day. UGH!!! I have to admit that since my carbs have been really high, I have no cravings. Hmmmmm...... (But I haven't been losing weight, either.)

Long Term:

1. Lose 7 lbs. by November 28th. Down 3
2. Change my mental attitude toward food. It's not a treat, boredom killer or a reward. Check!
3. Get through Thanksgiving Day without a major melt-down.
4. Look great in my black dress without a "supportive assist".
5. Journal, when needed, to figure out what's going on and why I can't master this, once and for all. Didn't need to.

This Week:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. 1102, 1196, 1146, 998
2. One fruit or vegetable serving with each meal and one as a snack. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 80 oz. of liquid a day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Walk 3 times in the next 7 days, weather permitting. 1
6. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. No bread, cheese, butter or spreads Monday-Friday, no excuses! I ate all 3! Ditto, Ditto, Yes
8. List something wonderful that happened to me today. Daughter and I pumped out a TON of paperwork today and everything is caught up.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Pour a cup of water slowly over the keyboard.
Did we take the same computer class?! :P
Old 11-17-2011, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie: It has been so hot and muggy here lately! I’ve been loving it! I was able to go jogging last night with PPD (the person I might be potentially dating) is just shorts & a tanktop! After weeks of wearing ALL the layers, my body is getting hopeful and thinking that it’s summer time, haha.

Mike: Excuse me, homeboy, I’m 20. If I saw a bro as ripped as you, you betta have faith and believe that I would hit on them times 5000! Also- I concur about your opinion post about the calories versus quality issue. Also, honey, check out my facebook page and look for the post of me freaking out BECAUSE OUR RESEARCH WAS ON THE TELE!!!!!!! SAY WHATTTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!

April: Actually not really, haha, I’d rather volunteer or run my holiday 5K, but I love making people smile and what better way than to send someone mail that is NOT bills?!

So. Tired. Been walk/jogging the 3.5 everyday, and had the C25K practice last night, PLUS PPD has been coming to visit at odd hours. BUT I GET TO START MY OWN LABS!!!! OHMYGOD NO WAY WHAT?! I’m gonna take another nap and then try to be a functional human being. Haha, legit slept-walked Steggie his first mile this morning at 5. I was like “Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr” and pretty much had my eyes closed the whole time, or at least it felt like it, haha.

Tried to post ^- earlier, but I guess I fell asleep before I could. Woke up a good... four hours later, and I'm still tired. I've been really up front with PPD about my weight and self image issues and showed them some progress pics to give them an idea of how I think I look versus how I actually look. They've been really positive and supportive, though they're one of those fuckers who can supposedly eat anything they want and not gain. Like.. bro is asking me for tips on how to gain and I'm like "...Eat." I just don't want to overload them with info, plus I've NEVER tried to gain. so... Mike, honey, baby, sweetie, darling, would you mind pointing me in the right direction to learn about gaining? Right now they're pretty skeletal after an ill-advised crash diet.

I'm gonna go walk Steg his last 2 laps & try to WAKE UP !!!

Last edited by mhibdon; 11-17-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default Other one of my almost daily rants

"click here to unsubscribe" when you get junk email. Wait! What? I never clicked to subscribe, why are you spamming me to begin with? Why should I have to unsubscribe?
Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Check-in

1. Eat within calorie limits:
a) Monday: 1461 Y
b) Tuesday: 1753 Y
c) Wednesday: 1200 Y
d) Thursday: 1461
e) Friday: 1315
f) Saturday: 1607
g) Sunday: 1461
2. Drink 8 cups of water Y, Y, Y
3. Take Vitamins, Calcium, and Fiber N, N, Y
4. Log everything Y, Y, Y
5. Get an exercise routines N, N, N
6. Lose 2 pounds by Sunday N, N, N
7. Keep sodium down N, N, N

Non-diet
1. Do well at trivia on Tuesday Y
2. Work on cleaning the front room and bedroom N, N, N
3. Budget money for bills Y, Y, Y
4. Start on Christmas shopping. N, N, Y
Old 11-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

mh, now that you mention it a few years ago one of my daughter's friends made a pass at me. I think she was probably 16. She was at my house and needed a ride home. I didn't even know her but I gave her a ride b/c I was headed out to pool league. Pull up to the house and she leans over and hugs me. I'm thinking WTF!!! A couple days later my daughter told me that her friend said that she was going to take the place of my girlfriend and I was going to be HER man. Needless to say she was not invited back to my house!!!

As for gaining weight... 1) eat or 2) GOMAD (Gallon Of Milk A Day) seriously, you can google it.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Chibi, focus and push to get 5,6,7!

I felt like I was losing my bearings at the gym. It was a short 45 minute workout but a rough one. I felt so depleted and started shaking and now I feel like crap. I didn't eat much today b/c it was a crazy day and it bit me in the ass. I just ate an orange, now I'm trying to talk myself into getting out of this chair and if nothing else, making a shake. I really should eat though. Anyone wanna come lift my fat ass out this chair?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-17-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:28 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Starting to fall off a bit, but expect to maintain well through the weekend.

Diet and fitness:
1.) 2 pieces of fruit every day Y,Y Y, Y
2.) 1 quart of water (just plain water) everyday. Coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count Y, Y, Y, Y(and then some)
3.) Protein @40% or 90g 28%(92g), 30%(92g), 33% (88g). 29% (110g)
4.) Carbs @ 30% 31%, 30%, 27%. 25%
5.) No white foods including rice, potatoes, or bread Y, Y,Y, N (roasted potatoes)
6.) Limit beer and wine to 1 glass with dinner Y, Y, Y(0), N (3, had to try the cousins’ home brew then went for Italian food – 2 glasses of wine)
Home, work & life:
1.) Order DH Christmas & B'day gifts (his is the 26th the poor guy) not yet, 2 down
2.) Try 1 new recipe this week, Not yet,Thurs: nope still not yet
3.) Clip the kitty's claws (hate this chore, probably more than they hate it)
1 kitty, whew… 2nd kitty quite the battle
4.) Pay bills including the Property Taxes - yikes! Y-taxes, Y-bills paid (no fun $ left)
5.) Finish 2 remaining study plans for this year's research 1 down, Not the 2nd – waiting for the student to finish her plan… probably not this week
6.) Remain faithful to the plan over the weekend
7.) Be kind to crabby people. M- Didn’t meet any, T-smiled a lot at the Post Office, I think that counts. W, so far so good, but I didn’t meet any really crabby people. Th: Yes indeed, DH was in a foul mood and I managed to just smile

It is still pretty early here, but I think I'll take a spa and head to bed... 'nite all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.