Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-15-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I have a section of my kitchen counter that I call "the confessional". Kids and their friends come home, I make them something to eat and they start spilling their guts... more so my kids friends than them, but that ok. Some of the things that they have told me over the last 25 years would make your hair curl. Everything from alcoholic parents to stories from my son's friends who came home from 2-3 tours in Iraq. I thought about replacing my kitchen counters last year, but I'd miss "the confessional". There's something kind of magical about it. I can't part with it quite yet.
Yet another great idea! I am going to have to institute a few of these into our lives and see what reaction I get. I wish we lived in a closer community so that the boys brought friends home more often but most of their friends are a good distance away.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Well it looks like the NBA will be DOA.

I never liked confession. Something about being alone in that dark room and the priest rubbing my thigh... oh wait he was supposed to be on the other side. Damn him!

Sounds like you are feeling a little ADDish. look at all my recent posts, I haven't taking my Adderall yet.
Holy Cow! We have the same priest?? LOL
Old 11-15-2011, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Awww Mike don't cry

If she don't get her butt back here I will send her a FB message.
She'll probably respond to you. I would send her a FB message but was fearing she'd just ignore my friend request. It's okay, I'll dig the old snot rocketed Kleenex out the trash to wipe the tears as they run down my sad face.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Holy Cow! We have the same priest?? LOL
He liked girls too? I heard that he went to coach at Penn State...
Old 11-15-2011, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

oh yeah. 179.2#. That's -6 now.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
He liked girls too? I heard that he went to coach at Penn State...
Oh no you didn't!!

Seriously, folks, it's been a madhouse here on the Penn State campus for the last week! I was walking to my car the other day and basically had to run a gauntlet of media vans and reporters. It's quieted down a bit this week, but everyone still kind of seems to be walking around in a daze.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Actually, he watches football with me! (I think he could take it or leave it.) He's more of an NBA or White Sox fan and they both bore me to tears... *snore*
LOL, that's really funny that he has to watch football because you do. My DH is a sports NUT, remember the SNL sketch about "Soopa Fans", dats da hubby for yah. He'll watch any sport going, but he never misses the Red Wings, the Lions, the Tigers, or a televised Michigan game. He also manages to watch a bit of Tiger Woods on Sundays. When it comes to a snore fest, there is nothing better for insomnia than golf, sorry but it beats basketball and baseball combined, OMG even the announcers are talking in their sleep. That's why they sound like their whispering. Good grief, it's sooooo dull. Big fat sigh, and a yaaaawwwnnnnnn, zzzzz.....

Seriously I think he married me because I can take watching sports on television. I only follow the local teams and I could miss every game so long as I catch the highlights and the score, but if he's watching something I won't turn the channel or whine about what's on.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!

"Yeah, I don't think that mh likes us. I even sent her a pm (after Quinn already won the over bet) and didn't get a response. My heart felt like it was crumbled up and thrown away like a used up Kleenex full of snot rockets. It's okay though. I can't say as if I'll ever be the same but life goes on. It must." Mike, honey, baby, darling; bitches gotta work: I was in class, then running labs... then I had an impromptu date that, ah, kept me a bit busy. Though you should totally add me on facebook, I wouldn't reject you (as long as you send me a message saying who you are).

GUESS WHAT THOUGH!! I'M DOWN 4LBS SINCE I LEFT!!!!! I'll post more later, but right now I have to get dressed to go heckle people, then I have an interview for a summer position. I MIGHT GET TO CONTINUE MY RESEARCH OVER THE SUMMER!!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Sadly, I did really bad on my sodium yesterday. I am hoping today will be better. I took my Calcium and Fiber, but forgot to take my vitamins. I have weigh myself waiting to do that at noon.

1. Eat within calorie limits:
a) Monday: 1461 Y
b) Tuesday: 1753
c) Wednesday: 1200
d) Thursday: 1461
e) Friday: 1315
f) Saturday: 1607
g) Sunday: 1461
2. Drink 8 cups of water Y
3. Take Vitamins, Calcium, and Fiber N
4. Log everything Y
5. Get an exercise routines N
6. Lose 2 pounds by Sunday N
7. Keep sodium down N

Non-diet
1. Do well at trivia on Tuesday N
2. Work on cleaning the front room and bedroom N
3. Budget money for bills Y
4. Start on Christmas shopping. N
Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Hey guys, I'm here, keeping up with the posts, just not posting. I kinda felt like I was bringing myself/everyone down 'cause I was really frustrated with my plateau and I kinda needed to stop obsessing about it. I saw a little movement on the scale today, don't know if that means I'm on a roll again or not. But that put me down into the 160's, and I'm pretty dang excited about that! I'm probably a pound or so from my lowest weight since reaching adulthood, so I hope this is a sign things are moving again. Otherwise, seems like most of ya'll are doing great!
I didn't think you were a downer either. That's sort of what the forum, this thread in particular, is all about. We cheer you when you're on fire and when your not we get out the lighter and the gasoline. Right? CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING INTO THE 160'S. I don't know what it is about those decade marks, they're just numbers like all the others, but they feel more special somehow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.