FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5697-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-11-14-11-omg-there-only-42-days-until-x-mas.html)

bojibridge 11-15-2011 12:31 AM

Hey guys, I'm here, keeping up with the posts, just not posting. I kinda felt like I was bringing myself/everyone down 'cause I was really frustrated with my plateau and I kinda needed to stop obsessing about it. I saw a little movement on the scale today, don't know if that means I'm on a roll again or not. But that put me down into the 160's, and I'm pretty dang excited about that! I'm probably a pound or so from my lowest weight since reaching adulthood, so I hope this is a sign things are moving again. Otherwise, seems like most of ya'll are doing great!

wildbeanerz 11-15-2011 12:41 AM

Health / Fitness...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes,
2. Limit one diet soda dailyM: Yes,
3. No extra salt M: Yes,
4. Exercise 5 times W-Sun
5. Walk 4 out of 5 work days (unless raining) M: 1.5m,
6. No junk in my mouth M: Yes,
7. Post weight daily ... M: 280.2, T: 278.2,

Life goals...
1. Take a few minutes to de-stress daily not including walk at work M: Yes,
2. List something each day I am thankful for
M: a wonderful support system at home,

Down 2lbs today, 3.6 more to go to get back to where I was. Woohoo! I got this! :p ... I am feeling better today. You guys all give a really good pep talk and I know after last nights eval meeting that we have made a good choice for him. I was sorry to have shared so much info. I don't usually put all my laundry out there for everyone to see but with all the encouragement I have to be thankful that I did put it out there. We will get past this! :)

Pam ... Welcome back to the thread.

Main80 ... Thank you for your encouragement!

Darlene ... You are so coordinated with your matching paper, ribbons & bows! Thank you for your story about your son. I am so glad you decided to share it with me/us. Bundle up for that chilly morning hike!

Amy ... How great that you can work out while the kids are swimming. Hopefully some of the moms do join you. Good luck on getting those layaways started! You are so right on my son issues. I am just like you ... if I work out early it gives me energy for the rest of the day. I am really ready to crash about 9-9:30 at night though LOL

Cassie ... Thanks for your support. I really do appreciate your point of view. We are doing this and I have the support of a wonderful husband at home.

MH ... Where the heck are you? Last week you couldn't bear leaving us and now you have forgotten to return.

quinnesec 11-15-2011 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 62428)

Quinn Your hubby must love that you watch football with him, mine loves hockey and I just cannot muster up any enthusiasm for it.

Actually, he watches football with me! ;) (I think he could take it or leave it.) He's more of an NBA or White Sox fan and they both bore me to tears... *snore*

quinnesec 11-15-2011 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 62433)
BTW I tried quinn's "tell me something wonderful that happened today" with the kids, and it was wonderful. The kids opened up and I got all kinds of details about their day that I never have gotten with, "how was your day?".

Thanks quinn!!! Loved the wonderful question idea, and I think the kids liked it too.

I still use it with my 18 & 28 year olds and their friends... heck... I use it on my husband when he comes home crabby and stressed. lol If you get a chance, try the "...do something nice for someone today and come home and tell me what you did." I got a lot of insights into school bullying, etc. out of that one that I never would have heard otherwise... usually my kids standing up for someone that the popular kids had tossed aside, etc.

I have a section of my kitchen counter that I call "the confessional". Kids and their friends come home, I make them something to eat and they start spilling their guts... more so my kids friends than them, but that ok. Some of the things that they have told me over the last 25 years would make your hair curl. Everything from alcoholic parents to stories from my son's friends who came home from 2-3 tours in Iraq. I thought about replacing my kitchen counters last year, but I'd miss "the confessional". There's something kind of magical about it. I can't part with it quite yet. ;)

Glad it worked for you. Try it with their friends... you'd be surprised what you hear.

quinnesec 11-15-2011 01:42 AM

Sorry for the multiple posts... I'm feeling kind of unorganized and under the weather today, which is strange because I'm never sick. I think the last time I had as much as a cold was during the whole H1N1 thing. I may just get out for a walk, get some fresh air and see if that helps.

Anyhoo, enjoy your day, all! I'll stop back in later.

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 62436)
Hey guys, I'm here, keeping up with the posts, just not posting. I kinda felt like I was bringing myself/everyone down 'cause I was really frustrated with my plateau and I kinda needed to stop obsessing about it. I saw a little movement on the scale today, don't know if that means I'm on a roll again or not. But that put me down into the 160's, and I'm pretty dang excited about that! I'm probably a pound or so from my lowest weight since reaching adulthood, so I hope this is a sign things are moving again. Otherwise, seems like most of ya'll are doing great!

Congrats on getting into the 160's. You weren't getting me down. I wouldn't think the others either.

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 62437)
Health / Fitness...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes,
2. Limit one diet soda dailyM: Yes,
3. No extra salt M: Yes,
4. Exercise 5 times W-Sun
5. Walk 4 out of 5 work days (unless raining) M: 1.5m,
6. No junk in my mouth M: Yes,
7. Post weight daily ... M: 280.2, T: 278.2,

Life goals...
1. Take a few minutes to de-stress daily not including walk at work M: Yes,
2. List something each day I am thankful for
M: a wonderful support system at home,

Down 2lbs today, 3.6 more to go to get back to where I was. Woohoo! I got this! :p ... I am feeling better today. You guys all give a really good pep talk and I know after last nights eval meeting that we have made a good choice for him. I was sorry to have shared so much info. I don't usually put all my laundry out there for everyone to see but with all the encouragement I have to be thankful that I did put it out there. We will get past this! :)

MH ... Where the heck are you? Last week you couldn't bear leaving us and now you have forgotten to return.

Hey, I've been known for sharing too much. That's what we are here for, right? You're doing awesome, keep it up.

Yeah, I don't think that mh likes us. I even sent her a pm (after Quinn already won the over bet) and didn't get a response. My heart felt like it was crumbled up and thrown away like a used up Kleenex full of snot rockets. It's okay though. I can't say as if I'll ever be the same but life goes on. It must. :o

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 62439)
Actually, he watches football with me! ;) (I think he could take it or leave it.) He's more of an NBA or White Sox fan and they both bore me to tears... *snore*

Well it looks like the NBA will be DOA.

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 62442)

I have a section of my kitchen counter that I call "the confessional".

I never liked confession. Something about being alone in that dark room and the priest rubbing my thigh... oh wait he was supposed to be on the other side. Damn him! :eek:

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 62444)
Sorry for the multiple posts... I'm feeling kind of unorganized

Sounds like you are feeling a little ADDish. ;) look at all my recent posts, I haven't taking my Adderall yet.

wildbeanerz 11-15-2011 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 62436)

Joanna ... In no way were you bringing me down. Have you read my posts over the last few days? We all need to vent sometimes. It never helps to keep it all in. You have different struggles than most of the rest of us with your diabetes. I wish that there was a way to make your goals easier to attain but that should make your successes that much sweeter too! :) And how awesome is it going to feel to get to your low weight?? I'd bet that is going to feel pretty darn good! Don't ever worry about posting whether it is good or bad. Sounds like you might be back on the 'losing' path. :cool:

wildbeanerz 11-15-2011 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 62446)
Hey, I've been known for sharing too much. That's what we are here for, right? You're doing awesome, keep it up.

Yeah, I don't think that mh likes us. I even sent her a pm (after Quinn already won the over bet) and didn't get a response. My heart felt like it was crumbled up and thrown away like a used up Kleenex full of snot rockets. It's okay though. I can't say as if I'll ever be the same but life goes on. It must. :o

Awww Mike don't cry http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...ley/bigcry.gif

If she don't get her butt back here I will send her a FB message.