FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5697-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-11-14-11-omg-there-only-42-days-until-x-mas.html)

wildbeanerz 11-15-2011 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 62461)
Oh no you didn't!! :eek:

Seriously, folks, it's been a madhouse here on the Penn State campus for the last week! I was walking to my car the other day and basically had to run a gauntlet of media vans and reporters. It's quieted down a bit this week, but everyone still kind of seems to be walking around in a daze.

I was wondering how you were making out up there. It's gotta be a madhouse! I still can't believe all that's going on.

almeeker 11-15-2011 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 62442)
I still use it with my 18 & 28 year olds and their friends... heck... I use it on my husband when he comes home crabby and stressed. lol If you get a chance, try the "...do something nice for someone today and come home and tell me what you did." I got a lot of insights into school bullying, etc. out of that one that I never would have heard otherwise... usually my kids standing up for someone that the popular kids had tossed aside, etc.

I have a section of my kitchen counter that I call "the confessional". Kids and their friends come home, I make them something to eat and they start spilling their guts... more so my kids friends than them, but that ok. Some of the things that they have told me over the last 25 years would make your hair curl. Everything from alcoholic parents to stories from my son's friends who came home from 2-3 tours in Iraq. I thought about replacing my kitchen counters last year, but I'd miss "the confessional". There's something kind of magical about it. I can't part with it quite yet. ;)

Glad it worked for you. Try it with their friends... you'd be surprised what you hear.

I tried it first on my afternoon daycare boy. He opened right up about how he had gotten his journal done on time yesterday so he didn't have to stay in at lunch recess. Usually when I asked him what he did or how is day went, he grunts and asks if he can have cookies for snack today. It was really nice, we had maybe a 10 minute discussion about his day. I might use it today at Brownies.

wildbeanerz 11-15-2011 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 62462)
but if he's watching something I won't turn the channel or whine about what's on.

I think that is every man's dream! :rolleyes:

almeeker 11-15-2011 02:34 AM

Seriously, folks, it's been a madhouse here on the Penn State campus for the last week! I was walking to my car the other day and basically had to run a gauntlet of media vans and reporters. It's quieted down a bit this week, but everyone still kind of seems to be walking around in a daze.

I felt that way too when I read that Joe Pa was fired. Good grief he's been the coach at Penn State my whole life. Crazy stuff that, guilty by association.

almeeker 11-15-2011 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 62469)
I think that is every man's dream! :rolleyes:

Yes, that's me - every man's dream girl LOL.... NOT!!! I just don't care that much about what's on TV, and if I am watching it, there is some sort of busy work in my hands like knitting, sewing, coupons, paperwork, anything so I'm not just sitting there wasting time watching TV.

wildbeanerz 11-15-2011 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 62471)
Yes, that's me - every man's dream girl LOL.... NOT!!! I just don't care that much about what's on TV, and if I am watching it, there is some sort of busy work in my hands like knitting, sewing, coupons, paperwork, anything so I'm not just sitting there wasting time watching TV.

That is usually me too. Cross stitch, fold laundry, clip dog nails, FB on my phone, etc LOL

mhibdon 11-15-2011 02:48 AM

Also... I might start having to rival Mike for the "Raciest Progress Pictures" title- not gonna lie, I've been lookin' hot ;P

quinnesec 11-15-2011 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 62468)
I tried it first on my afternoon daycare boy. He opened right up about how he had gotten his journal done on time yesterday so he didn't have to stay in at lunch recess. Usually when I asked him what he did or how is day went, he grunts and asks if he can have cookies for snack today. It was really nice, we had maybe a 10 minute discussion about his day. I might use it today at Brownies.

You made my day... Thanks!

The nice thing about "the confessional" is that there's a rule that anything that was "confessed" to me there, stayed there. No parents, school officials, etc. were or would be, ever contacted, no matter how bad. I just thought that if they could bounce something off of an adult, in confidence, the advice received would be more reliable than from another kid. Lots of tears and lots of hugs... lots of boyfriend/girlfriend advice, period advice, birth control advice :eek:, advice to a gay teen, you name it, I've heard it... probably more than once. Some are now nearly 30 and if I see them on the street, I still get hugs. They're great kids. They're all "my kids" and I love each and every one of them, no matter how messed up...lol. They're like puppies at an animal shelter... they all have issues, but they're all lovable.

My parents were very wonderful, but very "old-school", strict and stiff. No hugs, (handshakes for the boys), no silliness and most topics were considered "not proper conversation". I swore, when I had kids, I would break that cycle and boy, did I! :eek: lol The one thing that I never got used to were kids calling me by my first name, so they all call me "mom" which has gotten some funny looks. Especially for one of my son's friends who is a huge 6'3", black bodybuilder. (I'm 5'5" and blonde.)

Probably TMI... sorry! When people ask, "What have you been doing since you left the business 15 years ago?", that's what I've been doing and, for me, it was the best thing ever.

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 62330)
April
Terri
Mern
Darlene
mh
Hope
Mary
Joanna
rubypeanut
Ann
Rose
Lizzie

oh sorry.

Originally Posted by mhibdon (Post 62463)
HEY GUYS!!!!!!!

"Yeah, I don't think that mh likes us. I even sent her a pm (after Quinn already won the over bet) and didn't get a response. My heart felt like it was crumbled up and thrown away like a used up Kleenex full of snot rockets. It's okay though. I can't say as if I'll ever be the same but life goes on. It must." Mike, honey, baby, darling; bitches gotta work: I was in class, then running labs... then I had an impromptu date that, ah, kept me a bit busy. Though you should totally add me on facebook, I wouldn't reject you (as long as you send me a message saying who you are). :)

GUESS WHAT THOUGH!! I'M DOWN 4LBS SINCE I LEFT!!!!! I'll post more later, but right now I have to get dressed to go heckle people, then I have an interview for a summer position. I MIGHT GET TO CONTINUE MY RESEARCH OVER THE SUMMER!!!!

Wow, congrats on your 4 pound loss. We didn't really miss you, we just missed hearing about Steg. How's he doing and where are your goals... with him listed in them?

Originally Posted by mhibdon (Post 62473)
Also... I might start having to rival Mike for the "Raciest Progress Pictures" title- not gonna lie, I've been lookin' hot ;P

I think the "Raciest Progress Pictures" award went to Jackdup. :eek: I think he has since removed them. Mine isn't THAT bad, my pants are just a little low. The pic in my "public profile" also has them low but that's a small pic.

mhibdon 11-15-2011 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 62477)
...We didn't really miss you, we just missed hearing about Steg...

Oh. Okay. Fine then. :(

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 03:46 AM

:p

Pm me your FB link

MAIN80 11-15-2011 04:26 AM

It was a good Monday!

1. Under 1200 calories M-F. Sunday 1400. 1116
2. Water 3 liters every day. Yes
3. Exercise 4 times M-F Yes
4. Additional daily squats Yes
5. Stay away from cheese Yes
6. Stay away from baked goods Yes
7. Take vitamins Yes
8. Go to sleep before midnight Yes
9. Clean my inbox. Halfway there.

MAIN80 11-15-2011 04:44 AM

Great Monday, Quinn, Almeeker, Cassie and Pam.

Darlene, I am a night owl myself but I also admit I am not doing anything important so I should be asleep, bad habit that I need to break. Nice wonderful story, hope you weren't too cold on your hike today... 3 degrees...

Joanna, you weren't bringing anyone down. Plateaus are hard, I haven't seen a drop in a sometime now, but you seem to have broken yours! Watch out for those reporters and cameras!

April, Great that you are feeling better and that the crazy pounds are leaving.

Mhibdon, glad you are back, you were missed! Congrats on the pounds lost! You sound very busy!

Chibisub, watch your sodium today, otherwhise good day yesterday.

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 04:54 AM

Great job Main80!:D How are the squats coming?

almeeker 11-15-2011 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 62472)
That is usually me too. Cross stitch, fold laundry, clip dog nails, FB on my phone, etc LOL

Why does that not surprise me.

almeeker 11-15-2011 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 62477)
I think the "Raciest Progress Pictures" award went to Jackdup. :eek: I think he has since removed them. Mine isn't THAT bad, my pants are just a little low. The pic in my "public profile" also has them low but that's a small pic.

Gee I missed those. Who was the guy that posted before and after pics in his underwear? The after pic was okay but the before took some serious nerve to post on a public forum.

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 06:47 AM

Amy, was it Justawalker?

wildbeanerz 11-15-2011 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 62504)
Gee I missed those. Who was the guy that posted before and after pics in his underwear? The after pic was okay but the before took some serious nerve to post on a public forum.

By curious nature I looked it up and the one I see in his intro thread is fairly racey but I'm not sure if it is the one they are referring to.

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 62504)
Why does that not surprise me.

Because you and I are very similar. ;)

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 62510)
By curious nature I looked it up and the one I see in his intro thread is fairly racey but I'm not sure if it is the one they are referring to.

Because you and I are very similar. ;)

He's a good guy but lets just say, I don't think he had anything on and the pic went pretty low. He had removed the pic, so you won't find it.

almeeker 11-15-2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 62476)
You made my day... Thanks!

The nice thing about "the confessional" is that there's a rule that anything that was "confessed" to me there, stayed there. No parents, school officials, etc. were or would be, ever contacted, no matter how bad. I just thought that if they could bounce something off of an adult, in confidence, the advice received would be more reliable than from another kid. Lots of tears and lots of hugs... lots of boyfriend/girlfriend advice, period advice, birth control advice :eek:, advice to a gay teen, you name it, I've heard it... probably more than once. Some are now nearly 30 and if I see them on the street, I still get hugs. They're great kids. They're all "my kids" and I love each and every one of them, no matter how messed up...lol. They're like puppies at an animal shelter... they all have issues, but they're all lovable.

My parents were very wonderful, but very "old-school", strict and stiff. No hugs, (handshakes for the boys), no silliness and most topics were considered "not proper conversation". I swore, when I had kids, I would break that cycle and boy, did I! :eek: lol The one thing that I never got used to were kids calling me by my first name, so they all call me "mom" which has gotten some funny looks. Especially for one of my son's friends who is a huge 6'3", black bodybuilder. (I'm 5'5" and blonde.)

Probably TMI... sorry! When people ask, "What have you been doing since you left the business 15 years ago?", that's what I've been doing and, for me, it was the best thing ever.

That's a great policy, I may have to find a spot in my house for that, I can do the zip lip thing. When I was in college I had a rule with my friends that if they were somewhere and didn't have a sober ride home, or they were somewhere not safe, they could call me and I would come get them, no questions asked and no gossip later. I just felt that I would rather be up in the middle of the night helping my drunk friends get home safely then at a funeral any day of the week. You would not believe the stories I could tell about that, but I'm sworn to secrecy. I even went and picked up a person I didn't know, he had borrowed a jacket from a friend of mine and in the pocket of the jacket there was a card that said, "If too drunk to drive home call...". I took a friend with me that night, because I didn't know that guy at all, but he got home safely. And we laughed about it for quite a while afterward.

I hear you on kids calling you by your first name. Most of the kiddos I see regularly call me Miss Amy, because if they call me Mrs. MyLastName I look over my shoulder and gasp because I think they must be talking to my MIL.

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 07:00 AM

Some of y’all may remember the pics I posted from the horrific murder scene that I had at my house a few months back. Well this morning I get up to discover that there has been an abduction! I got up and went into the kitchen to tell my food scale good morning and guess what? She’s missing!!!! The place has been whipped clean of all fingerprints. Right about now panic mode is starting to set it. I have to sit down for a minute to catch my breath. I’m in shock. I mean really? How could someone break in during the night and take off with my baby while she sleeps. I search the house, did through the trash, where can she be? By now the sadness and disbelief has worn off and I’m in a rage. What am I going to do? She was recently on deaths door and I revived her with a new battery, this can’t be happening. After doing some investigative work, I uncovered that the middle daughter cleaned up the kitchen and moved her. I searched a little longer and was eventually reunited with her. It was a joyous occasion. I immediately used her to make a blueberry protein shake this morning, but I was so frazzled that when I walked out the door I left my shake sitting on the counter next to my scale. Maybe they can keep an eye on each other!

almeeker 11-15-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 62511)
He's a good guy but lets just say, I don't think he had anything on and the pic went pretty low. He had removed the pic, so you won't find it.

I once took a photo of my girls when they were very little playing in a tub full of suds, only I didn't realize that there was a reflection of me on the faucet, and uh there was much to see in that little image. Yep, let's just say that's not one we made copies of for the grandmas. It can happen, he probably didn't even realize.

almeeker 11-15-2011 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 62514)
Some of y’all may remember the pics I posted from the horrific murder scene that I had at my house a few months back. Well this morning I get up to discover that there has been an abduction! I got up and went into the kitchen to tell my food scale good morning and guess what? She’s missing!!!! The place has been whipped clean of all fingerprints. Right about now panic mode is starting to set it. I have to sit down for a minute to catch my breath. I’m in shock. I mean really? How could someone break in during the night and take off with my baby while she sleeps. I search the house, did through the trash, where can she be? By now the sadness and disbelief has worn off and I’m in a rage. What am I going to do? She was recently on deaths door and I revived her with a new battery, this can’t be happening. After doing some investigative work, I uncovered that the middle daughter cleaned up the kitchen and moved her. I searched a little longer and was eventually reunited with her. It was a joyous occasion. I immediately used her to make a blueberry protein shake this morning, but I was so frazzled that when I walked out the door I left my shake sitting on the counter next to my scale. Maybe they can keep an eye on each other!

Sorry dude.

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 62515)
I once took a photo of my girls when they were very little playing in a tub full of suds, only I didn't realize that there was a reflection of me on the faucet, and uh there was much to see in that little image. Yep, let's just say that's not one we made copies of for the grandmas. It can happen, he probably didn't even realize.

Looked like he was standing in the mirror in his birthday suite taking the pic. I'd hope he knew when he posted it. ;) He graciously look it down when something was said to him. I was just like :eek: He may not have thought much about it when he posted it.

wildbeanerz 11-15-2011 07:40 AM

We once bought something on ebay with a strange picture. It was something chrome & shiny and the reflection in it I would swear was a nekkid man. Maybe it was an advertising ploy since we still bought whatever it was! :eek:

quinnesec 11-15-2011 10:36 AM

Just made my calorie budget but, once again, my food choices weren't great. Mom treated for lunch and I was kind of obligated to eat around what appealed to her... and it wasn't pretty. Tomorrow I should be able to get back on track.

Long Term:

1. Lose 7 lbs. by November 28th. Down 3
2. Change my mental attitude toward food. It's not a treat, boredom killer or a reward. Check!
3. Get through Thanksgiving Day without a major melt-down.
4. Look great in my black dress without a "supportive assist".
5. Journal, when needed, to figure out what's going on and why I can't master this, once and for all. Didn't need to.

This Week:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. 1102, 1196
2. One fruit or vegetable serving with each meal and one as a snack. Yes, Yes
3. 80 oz. of liquid a day. Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
5. Walk 3 times in the next 7 days, weather permitting. 1
6. Log everything. Yes, Yes
7. No bread, cheese, butter or spreads Monday-Friday, no excuses! I ate all 3! Ditto
8. List something wonderful that happened to me today. I had a peaceful afternoon to spend as I wished... no lists, deadlines, errands- nothing!

almeeker 11-15-2011 12:21 PM

Tuesday Report Card

Healthy Goals

1. Calories 1,400 M-T-W-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,400, 1,399
2. 100 oz water. Y,Y
3. Protein 25% or higher. 27%, 22%
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -1,024, -1,306 (total -2,330)
5. Exercise 7 hours. 50 min, 75 min (2:05)
6. Log everything, and report on this thread. Y,Y
7. Report my weight right here. 157.6, 156
8. Limit cheating to a single meal, of normal size and duration. No cheating. No cheating.
9. 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, 100 push-ups, 10 sets of calf raises, 10 miles. 25-20-10-0-1, 25-20-20-2-0 (total 50-40-30-2-1)

Other Stuff

1. Deal with flower pots. 2 down, N
2. Deal with squash, pickles and pumpkins. Finished the pickles! Washed all the acorn squash and baked 8 of them. Baked 14 acorn squash.
3. Housekeeping 1 hour + 1 load of laundry/daily. YY, YY
4. Start Christmas list and update wish list. N,N
5. Deal with coupon binder. N,N

Today was rather hectic, Girl Scouts sort of takes a toll on my Tuesday allotment of sanity. I enjoy it, but it's a lot of extra running around, and I don't get much done beyond the meeting. I ate clean, but did not make my protein goal because the kids have been begging me to make "Ham & Potatoes", which is basically potatoes au gratin with ham, I make it in the crock pot. The kids love it. And since I make it in the morning it works well for scout night, as I'm brain dead by the end of the meeting. I've made a few changes to the original recipe so a good sized bowl of it is only 250 calories. The original was like 400 calories per cup :eek::eek::eek:!!! So I got the calories cut but the carbs are still right up there.

Quinn I did the "tell me about something wonderful" exercise at Brownies today, at least 3 of my girls said that their something wonderful was getting to come to Girl Scouts. Which was very sweet.

I'm wiped out, need sleep, and I think middle DD is experiencing some sort of reaction to a food dye. She's revved up through the rafters, running up and down the hall screaming and giggling hysterically. She just informed me that she's downed 5 bottles of water with flavor packets added to them. Good grief, she's wired up and will be up and down all night peeing to boot. OY! Wish me luck.

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 12:43 PM

Today started off good, then quickly turned to crap with computer issues again. I'm about to head to the gym in a little bit, I'll update later but will probably have to comment on everyone tomorrow.

almeeker 11-15-2011 01:55 PM

Something wonderful that happened to me today.

I was packing up Halloween stuff today, and came across an adorable leopard costume that my girls wore when they were little, it's about the size of the little girl I watch so I tossed it into the dress-up box. When my girls saw it they didn't remember wearing it at all, or ever seeing any photos of it. So we took a trip down memory lane on the computer and pulled up old photos from past Halloweens. In one of the photos the kids are decorating the yard, and I'm standing in the background. One of the girls said, "hey mom who is that?". So I said, "it's me silly". And then all 3 of them proceeded to laugh and ask again who it was. It took a few minutes and some other photographs and some zooming in, to convince them. They almost don't remember the old fat mom, and that is pretty wonderful.

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 62541)
I was packing up Halloween stuff today, and came across an adorable leopard costume that my girls wore when they were little, it's about the size of the little girl I watch so I tossed it into the dress-up box. When my girls saw it they didn't remember wearing it at all, or ever seeing any photos of it. So we took a trip down memory lane on the computer and pulled up old photos from past Halloweens. In one of the photos the kids are decorating the yard, and I'm standing in the background. One of the girls said, "hey mom who is that?". So I said, "it's me silly". And then all 3 of them proceeded to laugh and ask again who it was. It took a few minutes and some other photographs and some zooming in, to convince them. They almost don't remember the old fat mom, and that is pretty wonderful.

That's a funny story Amy. :D

Is it just me or is this play like a ghost town, for being a Tuesday.

cjohnson728 11-15-2011 03:20 PM

How very cool!

Mike, I'm sure you would have gotten a ransom note for your scale if she hadn't turned up. Glad she's back where she belongs.

1. Calories capped at 1300. 1211, 1262
2. Follow my pie chart rules (percentages, fiber, fat proportions). Great today, Yes
3. Drink 3 sports bottles of water (and/or herbal tea equivalent) per day. Yes, Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours. Yes :D, Was in bed on time, just couldn't fall asleep - 6
4a. No caffeine after 3 PM. Yes, Yes
4b. Turn off all electronics 30 min. before bed.
Yes, No-court deadline for this report
5. Exercise 6 times. Weights, 30 min. stationery bike, 30 min. walking the treadmill
6. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
7. Do shoulder exercises daily. Yes, Yes

01gt4.6 11-15-2011 03:25 PM

I can't afford to pay ransom, Santa needs a new bike. ;)

cjohnson728 11-15-2011 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 62545)
I can't afford to pay ransom, Santa needs a new bike. ;)

Santa's been surfing the internet again, huh?

MAIN80 11-15-2011 03:43 PM

Done with Tuesday as well!

1. Under 1200 calories M-F. Sunday 1400. 1116, 1067
2. Water 3 liters every day. Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 4 times M-F Yes, Yes
4. Additional daily squats Yes, Yes
5. Stay away from cheese Yes, Yes
6. Stay away from baked goods Yes, Yes
7. Take vitamins Yes, Yes
8. Go to sleep before midnight Yes, Yes
9. Clean my inbox. Halfway there. Mmmm, didn't get that much done with this one.

MAIN80 11-15-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 62494)
Great job Main80!:D How are the squats coming?

Oh, I am feeling them! Yesterday I didn't do the bulgarian ones, because I was already playing around with the stability ball so I did them with that. I also took did take measurements yesterday, we'll see how it goes.

MAIN80 11-15-2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 62514)

No pictures of this crime scene? At least there were no guts all over the place and it was not one of the usual four legged suspects.

MAIN80 11-15-2011 03:49 PM

All this talk about racy pictures made me really misread the my girls phrase. But I got it now. :cool:

MAIN80 11-15-2011 03:51 PM

Thats a great story and completely wonderful!

RunbikeSki 11-15-2011 03:58 PM

Looks like folks are starting out well this week, with the expection of Mike's crime scene. I guess you can be happy that the child was doing the right thing even if she moved your precious.

almeeker, very cute story. I'm not surprise your kiddos don't remember the old you, "mom" is who you are right now.

Sorry about all the MIAs, hopefully they'll check in soon.

Diet and fitness:
1.) 2 pieces of fruit every day
Y,Y
2.) 1 quart of water (just plain water) everyday. Coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count
Y, Y
3.) Protein @40% or 90g
28%(92g), 30%(92g)
4.) Carbs @ 30%
31%, 30%
5.) No white foods including rice, potatoes, or bread
Y, Y
6.) Limit beer and wine to 1 glass with dinner Y, Y

Home, work & life:
1.) Order DH Christmas & B'day gifts (his is the 26th the poor guy)
not yet
2.) Try 1 new recipe this week
3.) Clip the kitty's claws (hate this chore, probably more than they hate it)
1 kitty
4.) Pay bills including the Property Taxes - yikes! Y-taxes, Y-bills paid (no fun $ left)
5.) Finish 2 remaining study plans for this year's research
1 down
6.) Remain faithful to the plan over the weekend
7.) Be kind to crabby people.
M- Didn’t meet any, T-smiled a lot at the Post Office, I think that counts.

Good day today - all in all. Didn't get too much accomplished at work, but no one complained so I'll call it good.

And a good night to all!

dar n 11-15-2011 06:28 PM

Joanna You don’t bring me down, when everyone shares about their diet and lifestyle changes it builds me up, educates me about what’s to come and often makes me feel far more normal then all the people around me stuffing their faces thinking I am the one who’s got the problem. I got to my goal weight once and put half of it back on because I didn’t talk to people or learn what I needed to do to maintain it so keep talking, plateaus are crappy but it will pass.

April Your welcome I wish I was closer I would have you over for tea and give you a hug but since I am not I will just send you one. Have a great day and do something special for yourself.

Quinn “he watches football with me” lol that’s awesome I take it back your lucky to have a husband who watches sports with you my hubby would give you goddess points for being a real sports fan.

Mhibdon Welcome Back!

Main80 My hike was cold but the sun was out and the lake was like glass it was so worth freezing my tush off. Nice Monday and Tues actuals, how much stuff can you have in your inbox that cleaning it’s a goal?:confused:

Mike LOL I am glad your scale is back where she belongs I can imagine the panic you must have experienced.:D

Amy Kids hopped up on food coloring sounds like a bad night although my bad food day has made me feel a bit like she does, I hope you get some sleep. That’s a great story about your kids.:)

Hi everyone it seems you all had a good day today. My day started with a great hike and I got 7.2k under my belt before 10am. I went shopping with my Mom and picked up a ton of odds and ends for Christmas plus all the baking supplies. I left them in bags and stuck them in a corner so now I just need to remember what I bought I may need to start a master list. My hubby has been checking out trucks for the last couple of weeks he called today during my shopping outing and said he found it! I met him at the lot after a test drive a sales meeting and a financing meeting we closed the deal:D and bought a new 2012 dodge ram sxt quad cab 4x4 or in my language a really pretty silver truck with a grey/slate interior and a large enough back seat that you would want to sit in it. I just made my meeting at the church at 7 and I got home at 10 so no dinner. I ate pretty much on the go today I did ok for calories but a latte / popcorn / banana/ protein shake and more coffee has left me feeling hungry and jittery and bouncing off the wall (kind of like Amy’s dd), I really need to have a better food day tomorrow.
Have a great night everyone.

Goals:
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk, T=Hike
Walk 25k (15.5m): M=3.3k, T=7.2k
Gym 2 days: 0,0
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1206, T=961
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-803, T=-1141
Christmas prep everyday: M=Boxing Day invitations made. T=Christmas chocolates/pickles/crackers/nuts &baking supplies bought.
List something wonderful that happened today: We bought a new truck for my hubby’s promotion at work it’s our first brand new off the lot vehicle and he is very happy which makes me very happy.