FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5697-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-11-14-11-omg-there-only-42-days-until-x-mas.html)

mtlgirl 11-20-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 62962)
I feel the exact same way. Even though we all have never met, we are a big, kooky, oddball dysfunctional family. I'm so lucky to have found this support as well. There's no way that I could have maintained for this long without the support of people going through the same thing.

So glad you're back and I hope everything settles down for you now. ;)

Thanks Quinn! I'm hoping things settle down now too. I've had a very productive day so I feel prepared for the week. Your maintenance is a great source of inspiration. Sending you big Sunday hugs! :)

mtlgirl 11-20-2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 62973)
Rose, did you take the pics with your phone? If so, how did you slow the shutter speed in the first pic?

I took the photos with my Canon G9 which has manual aperture control. All of the pictures were taken with it except of course the one of Chico and me, which was taken with my iPhone's front facing camera.

mtlgirl 11-20-2011 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 62981)
Rose, I am so glad you're back, and thanks for the pictures! They are awesome!

Thank you thank you, Cassie. It feels sooooooooo good and comforting to be back. And thanks for the compliment about my photos. :)

Way to go on working out in the hotel gym and surviving another weekend in the house of schizophrenic food!

mtlgirl 11-20-2011 12:11 PM

Call me Miss Organized

1 Attachment(s)
I just made 4 breakfasts. I cooked up a big batch of oatmeal with applesauce, organic vanilla, cinnamon and dried sour cherries. Then I divided it all up into mason jars that I can just grab and go! I'm ready for a healthy week. Each jar contains one cup of oatmeal and 220 calories.

I didn't put any sugar of any kind in the oatmeal and I think that I am definitely a sugar addict. I've made a big decision. I'm going completely sugar free for 30 days to see how it goes. I think this will go a long way in curbing my cravings and binges.

MAIN80 11-20-2011 12:59 PM

So much for not being a stranger over the weekend, it was truly hectic. I am yet to log in the food I ate so I can assess the damage. I know I slacked on the water. I will take some time to figure out my attack for the week to come.

Mike, I understand about the PM but as Rose said the worse that can happen is that you get ignored. Hope you got the cravings out of your system and we can be back in business tomorrow.

Joanna, congrats on surviving your week. Hope you get to enjoy your break.

Darlene, I guess my inbox will be part of my goals next week too... I will see how much I get done tonight. No worries about the gym you sound like you have been very active and mantained a good calorie level even with that many eatings out.

Almeeker, sounds like you had a good time at the swim class, you have rocked your goals this week!

Terri, glad you are feeling that some of the weight is gone and you are managing the grad student drama.

April, congrats on steady losing and glad you enjoy your dad visiting.

Quinn, sounds like you have progressed a great deal with xmas shopping! Turkey sounds great!

Pam, cute kitties! Glad that he recovered from the accident and is healthy now.

Rose, lovely pics! Your oatmeal also looks delicious but mostly I love those jars! Looks like you are set for a great week.

Cassie, hope you enjoy the week with your family.

01gt4.6 11-20-2011 01:32 PM

Rose, the oatmeal looks good. Good luck on going sugar free. Does that me no added sugar or ZERO sugar, like no milk, bread, etc?

Main80, Thanks.

I'm whipped, I had a rough day and just got into a good but heated debate on FB. I'm about to take a shower and chill. Until tomorrow ladies. :)

mtlgirl 11-20-2011 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 63001)
Rose, the oatmeal looks good. Good luck on going sugar free. Does that me no added sugar or ZERO sugar, like no milk, bread, etc?

Main80, Thanks.

I'm whipped, I had a rough day and just got into a good but heated debate on FB. I'm about to take a shower and chill. Until tomorrow ladies. :)

I'm going to start with no ADDED sugar and see where that takes me. I'll still have milk but I'm definitely going to avoid bread and anything white. Good night, Mike!

mtlgirl 11-20-2011 02:13 PM

Main80, I just bought the jars today. I was inspired to use less plastic. I hope the oatmeal tastes good! Have a great night after your hectic weekend. :)

bojibridge 11-20-2011 02:27 PM

Ugh, kind of a weekend fail. What with the potluck yesterday and then being stuck with all the leftovers today... well, you know how it goes. The potluck was great, though - a lot of fun! Tonight I threw away a quarter of a cheesecake (which turned out great, btw) and a half a quart of ice cream. Took it out and threw it in the dumpster. Seriously, just can't have that crap in the house. Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm leaving on Tuesday to spend the holidays with family in NC. I'm hoping that the next 6 weeks go okay for me - I feel like I have a lot to prove to myself as far as staying on track with my weight loss as well as my diabetes. I'm reaching my one year mark of controlling my blood sugars really well, and I'd like the round out the year successfully. Anyway, I hope you all had a good weekend! See you on the flip side.

RunbikeSki 11-20-2011 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 63005)
The potluck was great, though - a lot of fun! Tonight I threw away a quarter of a cheesecake (which turned out great, btw) and a half a quart of ice cream. Took it out and threw it in the dumpster. Seriously, just can't have that crap in the house.e.

good move Joanna - out of sight out of mind. I am one of those that hates to waste food. BUT there are some foods one just does not need to have hanging around. In any event I amglad you had a good time - that is very very important too.

OK all my lovlies. Cassie,stay strong in the house of schizo food. Enjoy the company & family. That does mean you have to share their eating habits. Water, water, water, girl.

Tomorrow starts a brand new shiny week - holiday and all. I keep trying to remind myself that it is all about the people, not the food and drink.

Nighty-night all!