FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5697-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-11-14-11-omg-there-only-42-days-until-x-mas.html)

dar n 11-17-2011 07:08 PM

I hope everyone’s doing well. I miss you all I need to catch up on two days posts I promise I will do it tomorrow but it’s already midnight, I need to sleep. My parents will be here early in the morning my mom and daughter are going to make 10 dozen mini sausage rolls and nuts and bolts and I am going to try not to eat any. I may be able to get my dad out for a walk if the weather is nice. The oil guy will be here at 4pm to look over the situation and give us a quote so praying it will be under 3 grand. I need to vacuum and clean the bathroom before my parents arrive I love my mom but she could find the only speck of dirt in a sterile operating room and point it out to you because how could you not of seen it.:rolleyes:
Have a great Friday!:D

Goals:
Walk 25k (15.5m): M=3.3k, T=7.2k, W=0, T=6k
Gym 2 days: 0, 0, 0, 0 getting concerned about when to fit this in!
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N
Calories less than 1400: M=1206, T=961, W=1339, T=1238
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-803, T=-1141, W=-680, T=-728
Christmas prep everyday: M=Boxing Day invitations made. T=Christmas chocolates/pickles/crackers/nuts &baking supplies bought. W= Christmas storage boxes out/reindeer put together. T=Hubbys gift purchased.
List something wonderful that happened today: Spent the day with mom, dad and daughter shopping, laughing and eating also found my hubby's favorite golf balls on sale for 40% off.:cool:

almeeker 11-17-2011 11:10 PM

Thursday Report Card

Healthy Goals

1. Calories 1,400 M-T-W-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,400, 1,399, 1,284, 1,395
2. 100 oz water. Y,Y,Y,Y
3. Protein 25% or higher. 27%, 22% 26%, 25%
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -1,024, -1,306, -855, -720 (total -3,185)
5. Exercise 7 hours. 50 min, 75 min, 55 min, 20 min (3:20)
6. Log everything, and report on this thread. Y,Y,Y,Y
7. Report my weight right here. 157.6, 156, 156, 156.2, 156.2
8. Limit cheating to a single meal, of normal size and duration. No cheating. No cheating. No cheating. No cheating.
9. 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, 100 push-ups, 10 sets of calf raises, 10 miles. 25-20-10-0-1, 25-20-20-2-0, 0-0-0-0-3, 50-40-50-2-0, (total 100-80-80-4-4)

Other Stuff

1. Deal with flower pots. 2 down, N,N,N
2. Deal with squash, pickles and pumpkins. Finished the pickles! Washed all the acorn squash and baked 8 of them. Baked 14 acorn squash. Baked 15 acorn squash and put 6 quarts in the freezer. N
3. Housekeeping 1 hour + 1 load of laundry/daily. YY, YY, YY, YY
4. Start Christmas list and update wish list. N,N,N Did some shopping, started list.
5. Deal with coupon binder. N,N,N,N

Yesterday I did pretty well, even managed a little Christmas shopping. I use a formula for the kids, 2 outfits, 1 pretty dress, 2 pj's, underwear, socks, tights, mittens, hat, 3 small toys, 1 big toy, 1 DVD, 1 CD, and one big fat gift to share with maybe some things that go with the "big fat thing". Yesterday I managed to find almost all the clothing items for the youngest 2, the older one wears a women's small or xsmall, so I'll have to shop a different store for her clothing, although I did score some underthings for her. It was much easier when they all wore sizes in the same department. When I shop for the oldest one now I end up trying on things for myself, I get totally distracted and can't focus on getting the list taken care of. Even worse I usually end up buying stuff for myself that isn't really budgeted.

Today I'm going to do something I've never done before, my oldest DD made me volunteer to help teach 5th graders how to swim, so of course next week I have to do the same thing with the 3rd grade. OY! Our awesome gym teacher writes a grant proposal every year to bus all the elementary students (from 3 separate buildings) up to the high school pool, to teach swimming as part of the regular PE program. This year the grant program didn't have any money so she went out in the community and raised the funds locally. The past few years it's been an 8 week program, this year it's only 4, but the sessions are longer, so it's all good. That gym teacher is soooo making my Christmas list this year.

almeeker 11-17-2011 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by MAIN80 (Post 62757)
Almeeker, your words were used correctly, me and my dirty mind are a whole different story. :)

You are not alone in the dirty mind department believe me. My family is predominantly male and downright raunchy. I've never once struggled to keep pace. In forth grade I acquired the nickname "Dr Ruth", because not only do I have a dirty mind, I have no problem discussing it and handing out advice.

almeeker 11-17-2011 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 62744)
Pour a cup of water slowly over the keyboard. ;)

Honey, a keyboard can be easily replaced, if you really want to fry a computer you have to dump an entire Diet Coke through the mesh on the cpu, works like a charm every time.

almeeker 11-17-2011 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 62788)
I need to vacuum and clean the bathroom before my parents arrive I love my mom but she could find the only speck of dirt in a sterile operating room and point it out to you because how could you not of seen it.:rolleyes:

This is my FIL. For years and years my MIL has paid a woman to clean her house. Every time they visit one of them says we need a cleaning lady. Ugh, I feel your pain. Seriously with 6 kids here every day after school, a cleaning lady would only be helpful for the first 10 minutes after she finished.

mtlgirl 11-17-2011 11:34 PM

Hi Lovely Ladies and Mike,

First, let me say that you all are an awesome group and so funny! I have been trying to catch up on the thread but I decided to write to you all before I finish all the posts... there sure are a lot! I always knew that our motivational group was an effective tool in the effort to get to a healthy weight and now I know this more than ever. I totally fell off the wagon a couple of weeks ago when I returned from England. When I arrived, everyone told me I looked great and I felt so amazing about that... so what went wrong?

I wish there was a simple answer. I have really been struggling to figure it out. Why would I throw all my efforts out the window when I had been doing so well? I have come to several conclusions. I am such an emotional eater. Big changes, like moving, traveling, anything that usurps my routine is especially challenging for me. I got a piece of news concerning my sister (who has major substance abuse problems) and it upset me to no end, not that this is an excuse but I sure used it as such. The drama was a real trigger and I am now on a mission to figure out how to deal with - well, life really - without using food to manage.

I also want you all to know that I missed you a lot! You all are so supportive, in such a fun and witty way, a really special group of people in this little corner of the world wide web. I owe a big THANK YOU to our very own Mike who sent me a PM and threatened to drag me back here kicking and screaming. It was the perfect thing to do! Thanks, Mike!

So, I'm back and happy to be back before things get totally out of control. I made up a big batch of turkey chili and stocked up on healthy food. I am ready to face the day... and the weekend!

I hope we all have a fabulous Friday!!!

quinnesec 11-18-2011 01:19 AM

Hi Rose! Nice to see you... Glad you're back, safe and sound! :)

As long as we're doing a virtual Secret Santa, here's what I want in my stocking this year:

Hydration - Products

It's so cool! It's a water bottle that you program with your personal info, and it calculates your daily water requirement and keeps track, throughout the day, how much you have consumed! Even the busiest of us can handle that! :)

I've seen them cheaper, though... around $19.

quinnesec 11-18-2011 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 62794)
This is my FIL. For years and years my MIL has paid a woman to clean her house. Every time they visit one of them says we need a cleaning lady. Ugh, I feel your pain. Seriously with 6 kids here every day after school, a cleaning lady would only be helpful for the first 10 minutes after she finished.

My MIL dusts the top of her fridge and the top of her doors and door casing every day... lol.

By the way, you've had a great week! Look at all of that blue! :)

almeeker 11-18-2011 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 62799)
Hi Rose! Nice to see you... Glad you're back, safe and sound! :)

As long as we're doing a virtual Secret Santa, here's what I want in my stocking this year:

Hydration - Products

It's so cool! It's a water bottle that you program with your personal info, and it calculates your daily water requirement and keeps track, throughout the day, how much you have consumed! Even the busiest of us can handle that! :)

I've seen them cheaper, though... around $19.

That is totally cool! I want one, but it's too much to spend on a water bottle that my kids will snitch and then leave at soccer practice. I may get one for my SIL though, she would love it. Where did you see the cheaper one?

almeeker 11-18-2011 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 62801)
My MIL dusts the top of her fridge and the top of her doors and door casing every day... lol.

By the way, you've had a great week! Look at all of that blue! :)

Wait, your MIL dusts the top of her fridge and the top of her doors and casings everyday? You might want to check and see if your MIL is my FIL in drag then. The stories I could tell...

DH and I have been camping with my in-laws here and there over the years, but the first time we went with them we were still dating. Anyway at the end of that first camping trip I vowed to never ever ever ever ever still be at the campsite for when the FIL packs up the camper. I don't think the house I grew up in was ever as clean as their camper at the end of a camping trip. Talk about an over the top OCD episode! OY!!! You can get medication for that you know, just sayin'.