Notices

Cultivating Gratitude

Old 03-14-2010, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

This morning I am grateful for:
A hot cup of coffee on a cold rainy morning while waiting for the meds to kick in...so soothing.
My husband finally seems ready to get serious about exercising too. <crosses fingers>
2 cute little faces enjoying waffles and bananas while making each other giggle.
2 days off with my husband and no plans at all. That doesn't happen very often.
Watching my little boy's vocabulary grow. He's picking up 2 or 3 new words a day now.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Today

1. Husband and kids helping with household chores
2. The feeling of accomplishment after completing a bit of spring cleaning
3. Continuing to grow and learn
4. Hubby's cooking dinner tonight
5. Enjoying a movie at home with family
Old 03-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Default Today...

I'm thankful for being self-employed. Even though it hasn't felt like a good thing this weekend while I'm working my tail off, all in all it is what I need.

I'm also profoundly grateful that I have a healthy child. I was watching him play his match yesterday and could not help but be overwhelmed thinking of some of the stories of people whose children have chronic illnesses. One of his schoolmates died of cancer last fall; we have the ribbon pin from her memorial on the fridge, just to remind me every day to never take this for granted.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default Today I Get To

I wear a purple "Today I Get To" plastic wrist band that was created in remembrance of a teenage girl name Jonnae who battled leukemia for years before she died a couple of years ago. She and her mom had an incredible faith and throughout her last few months on this planet they both displayed a strength that inspired hundreds of people, including me. During her last few weeks on this planet, Jonnae spoke of how she hears people saying daily things such as "I have to go to work, I have to exercise, I have to (fill in the dreaded task)." She wanted people to remember her when they are dreading what they have to do and remember that they get to go to work, exercise, etc. That bracelet helps me remember not to take life for granted and that I have a choice as to the attitude I bring to my day.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Built, Thanks for posting that story. I was sitting here on a cold, rainy day not feeling grateful for much, and that helped put some things in perspective.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:43 PM
FitDay Member

Default there's always SOMETHING to be grateful for...

for only 3 clients today...yippee...time to devote to other interests

for my last born child who is 16 today!

for the realization that it is never too late to go after my dreams. The Colonel was in his 70s when KFC was born - never mind that it's greasy food

that you all are still here sharing your trials and victories!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

Today, I am grateful for record breaking temperatures here in the north (nearly 70 degrees!) that have cleared all my favorite walking trails for another season.

For the feeling of warm sun on my face.

For the return of my favorite geese and ducks to said trails.

For being able to shed my winter jacket and be warm in a t-shirt and jeans.

For another year of good health and the physical ability to backpack and hike. After a nasty accident a few years ago, I am especially grateful for this one.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Default I am grateful for...

1. Being at my goal weight (I think)!
2. Being able to enjoy a sense of accomplishment.
3. The trees that are starting to bloom, and also that the pollen hasn't arrived yet!
4. An awesome cardio workout outside this morning and fun friends to share it with.
5. The fact that the cat on my doorstep last night does have a home and that I don't have to explain to my husband why our family needs to grow by one cat!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:11 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, I'm a sucker for strays, too. Animals, kids, anything that shows up on my doorstep!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:25 PM
FitDay Member

Today I'm grateful for

the fact that I only have one 5:30 am training session a week (used to do it almost daily).

eggwhites that come in the carton-so convenient!

Longer daylight of Spring and daylight savings time...I seem to have more energy

my place of employment is only 10 minutes from my home and also my job allows me much freedom to rearrange my hours should I need to.

being able to laugh at myself and not take myself too seriously

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.