Notices

Why now?

Old 12-02-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey Ruby,
Have you tried the "soup in hand" products by Campbells? There are a couple at 100 cals or less.

I find that they totally satisfy that winter craving for calorie-laden food. Even though they often aren't all that appealing when what I really want is a big old stuffed burrito, when I stop and make myself have one I feel 100% better.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hey Ruby,
Have you tried the "soup in hand" products by Campbells? There are a couple at 100 cals or less.

I find that they totally satisfy that winter craving for calorie-laden food. Even though they often aren't all that appealing when what I really want is a big old stuffed burrito, when I stop and make myself have one I feel 100% better.
I eat hot soup fairly often but it doesn't really seem to touch this. Even so I might try that particular brand and see if it works.

I know I'll get through it, even if that means I have to wait until warm weather comes again. I miss those days when I could eat carrots and tomatoes for breakfast and feel completely satisfied and full for hours.

I think it's more psychological somehow with the addition of the cold weather somehow playing into it. I feel on one level like I'm doing something wrong, by not listening to my body and following my instincts. Of course it was partly following my instincts and cravings that led me to being morbidly obese.