Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here! >

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Old 11-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Good Morning, Everyone!

I need to hold my feet to the fire this week and going forward. I've been too sloppy lately and it shows. Let's all stay strong together !

1. 1300 calories or fewer.
2. Log everything.
3. 3 sports bottles of water.
4. Exercise 6 times.
4a. Two runs
4b. Two weights

5. Eat clean.
6. Follow my pie chart guidelines.
7. Sleep at least 7 hours.
7a. No caffeine after 3 PM.
7b. Turn off electronics 30 min before bedtime.

8. Take all vitamins and supplements.
9. Shoulder exercises every day.
10. Get on the scale every day.
11. Post everything eaten if deviating from plan (avoiding embarrassment = powerful motivator).

12. Put pansies in before the rain due Wednesday.
13. Finish parental fitness eval.
14. Catch up spreadsheet.

Suddenly, I want to go back to bed .

Happy Monday, everyone; good luck this week!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-07-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning I'm in. I'm feeling motivated and my scales is back on the right spot after a month of having to move it arround. Curling starts tonight so exercise whether I want it or not.

Goals this week:

Calorie defecit of 1000 per day.
Bike ride each day the sun shines
Y times 3
Drink 100 oz water daily
Green tea -- 6 cups a day
Sit in front of my happy light for 30 minutes any day I don't get sunshine. (Sounds better than my grow lights)
Decide whether to paint walls and do floors before Christmas.

Have a great week everyone. Mary
Old 11-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

January 1st goals:
Lose 18.5 pounds (-10% body weight)
Increase Squat and Deadlifts weight by 10% (without more injuring to my back)
Squats:Done +15% x 10 reps, deep with nice form on 11/8/11
Deads:
Walk 100 miles (this may be a little much, I may have to rethink this goal)
Go to the gym 25 times
1 cheat meal, or snack (not cheat DAY) per week

This Week:
Health & Fitness
1) Lose 5 pounds
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies
3) Gallon of water
4) 3000 calories deficient (I already know that -3k doesn't = 5 pounds, trust me.... I got this)
5) Walk 10 miles
6) 1 cheat meal
7) Gym x 3
8) Tennis x 2
9) Daily:
a) Fish Oil
b) Vitamin
c) Glucosamine

Non Health & Fitness
10) Write 3 policies

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-09-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Goal for January 1: lose 10 pounds, get into better shape/health

Goals for now:
1) 8 glasses of water daily
2) rest without guilt when I need to
3) stretch
4) gym 2x this week
5) lower carb
6) listen
Old 11-07-2011, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

As promised, I got on the scale today and the news was about where I expected it to be. I'm up 7 lbs. from my low weight after a 2 week binge. (Actually, it all started with the apple orchard.) So, that means that I've gained 5 lbs. in the last 2 weeks! That's like a vacation gain, minus the fun vacation. I'm giving myself 3 weeks to get it off (November 28th) which means that, in order to reach my goal, I will have to stay on plan on Thanksgiving Day. I think that should be ok though, as I just found out that I'm responsible for brunch that day, not the whole big turkey/stuffing/gravy disaster. I can keep that pretty clean.

Mike,
I see that you're aiming for 5 lbs. this week. I can't match that, but I will commit to 2 lbs. by Friday. I will also have to get a walk in today, as the forecast for tomorrow is for rain mixed with snow and a high of 37! I read what you said on the other thread about your gf being able to maintain effortlessly, and I have the same problem with my husband. It really ticks me off. When I started all of this 2 years ago, I started alone for the first 6 weeks. Then, I was able to reluctantly bring him on board, kicking and screaming. Within a week, he matched what I had lost in 6 weeks. We both lost about 28 lbs. His calorie limit is so much higher than mine, that if we go out to dinner and order the same, I gain and he loses. He eats so much and yet he has never regained more than 3 lbs. In fact, there are times where he has actually lost! It's so sickening. If he does gain a few pounds, he has it off in a day or two, while I live on 1000-1200 calories a day chewing on my fist. I did all of the original research, I do all of the grocery shopping and meal planning... he doesn't even count calories. He just kind of goes by what I do. He'll say, "Oh wow... I'm down 3 lbs.! I don't know how that happened!" I could kill him. He wouldn't know how to read a nutrition label if his life depended on it.

ANYWAY... Here are my long and short term goals to "delete" my jiggle:

Long Term:

1. Lose 7 lbs. by November 28th.
2. Change my mental attitude (again) toward food. It's not a treat, boredom killer or a reward.
3. Get through Thanksgiving Day without a major melt-down.
4. Look great in my black dress without a "supportive assist".
5. Journal, when needed, to figure out what's going on and why I can't master this, once and for all.

This Week:

1. Calories between 1000-1200.
2. One fruit or vegetable serving with each meal and one as a snack.
3. 80 oz. of liquid a day.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements.
5. Walk 3 times in the next 7 days.

6. Log everything.
7. No bread, cheese, butter or spreads Monday-Friday, no excuses!

Last edited by quinnesec; 11-07-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. I have no goals 'cause they don't seem to do much good these days even when I stick to them. I'm gonna try doing lower carb this week, although I'm not really sure how to do it, so I'll have to research it. Additionally, my blood sugars are going low all the time again, which sort of makes low carb difficult, but I'll give it a whirl.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, men generally can consume more calories than women, b/c our nbodies require it. We usually have more muscle mass and muscle burns more calories than fat. Or at least it takes more calories to sustain the muscle. Men usually weigh more. Think of it like this, if a 300 pound guy reduced his calories to 2500/day he'd drop weight like crazy at first, then it would taper off until he got around 200 pounds which it would probably take 2500 calories to maintain. A heavier person will usually burn more calories doing the same activities as a lighter person.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
I'm in. I have no goals 'cause they don't seem to do much good these days even when I stick to them. I'm gonna try doing lower carb this week, although I'm not really sure how to do it, so I'll have to research it. Additionally, my blood sugars are going low all the time again, which sort of makes low carb difficult, but I'll give it a whirl.
Cut out or reduce breads, pasta, potatoes, cereals, snacks, dairy milk. Eat nothing low fat, because they'll use sugar to get the flavor instead of fat. (check the amount of sugar in low fat ranch dressing vs full fat ranch) Set a carb goal as your only goal and shoot for it. Eat lean meat, veggies, cheese.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! Ok..I'm in! Going to lose 2 lbs this week! I need to drink water..that's a biggie for me! And portion control! Thanks for telling me about this site, it's great!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by pamlynnhughes
Hello! Ok..I'm in! Going to lose 2 lbs this week! I need to drink water..that's a biggie for me! And portion control! Thanks for telling me about this site, it's great!
Pam, I'm glad to see that you are joinging us. If you decide that you want to use the "Food" side of thing and log/track your foods, let us know if you have any questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.