Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here! >

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Old 11-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Okay I don't get it. My scale is up 2.0 from yesterday. I've done everything that I should. Logged EVERYTHING, was deficient, no salty foods & a ton of water.
The nature of the beast, dude; sometimes the numbers just don't add up. Hang in there, check tomorrow; you'll see your results sooner or later, you Policy-Writing, Sodium-Avoiding, Mile Trekking, Fish-Fishing Veggie Pimp.

Darlene, yes, I will continue to post weekends; like I said, if I'm not posting, it means I'm eating everything in sight. Thanks for being here, and thank you for being a weekend warrior as well! Sounds like a productive trip to the farmer's market. I'm glad you're not too tempted by pizza!

MAIN80, glad to see you post also. I see you have the same problem of not getting yourself into bed at a decent hour as I do. You would think it would be easy, right?!?! I guess maybe I should put a little bit of thought into why I can't seem to do this.

Well, it's cloudy and cool this morning. I'm hoping the sun comes out so I can do my miles outside. I'm a little overwhelmed at how much I have to do today, so I need to go write out the master plan. I'll be popping in and out because it keeps me honest, though .

Hope everyone has a great day; Mike, you're going to be bringing home a truckbed o' fish, right??
Old 11-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Lol that's a big name for me. I have 8 trout already.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here. Just waking up and kind of groggy, but I'm here. I decided to step away from the laptop all day yesterday. I had been spending 4-6 hours a day on it, just catching up paperwork and applications. So, I promised myself that I wouldn't even turn it on for 24 hours, which was tough, but much needed. I had gotten so tired by Friday afternoon that I literally couldn't see straight. My nap was lovely by the way... but I started watching The Notebook, and so it got cut short. I had read the book, but had never seen the movie.

Spent the day yesterday bumming around town and had a nice relaxing day. Rented a couple of moves, ate out (but was good ) and shopped. Watched Jane Eyre which I enjoyed. (If you liked The Kings Speech, you would probably enjoy this.)

Woke up early this morning to gunshots... ahhh... hunting season! Gotta love it... NOT! Our deer hunting season doesn't start for awhile, so these are either early yahoos poaching or bird hunters, but it sounded more like rifles. I wish that they would be more respectful that families live here on the edge of the woods! The first year that we built our home, hunters must not have known that we were here and they shot close enough that our windows actually shook! It took a while for this city girl to get used to it. The first year, I remember hitting the floor and then running room to room counting children! I still can here the shots right now.

Anyway, my eating has been under control this weekend for the first time in a long time. Congrats Cassie and Mike for keeping it together and keeping the thread rolling this weekend! Thanks for the dancing banana!!! I shall cherish it always! Mike, don't sweat the little blip on the scale... I'm up about a pound since Friday, even though my calorie count has been fine. Just a little more bread and sodium than during the week, is my guess. I'm with you. I have absolutely no problem dieting M-F, but come the weekend, when everyone is home and the pizza deliveries start, my brain goes to mush. Hey... Let's be proud that we have M-F under control!! It sure wasn't like that 2 years ago!!! So, if we have 5 of 7 days under control, we're almost there, right??

And football... no Packer game for me today.... UUUGGHHHHH!!!! Talk about going through withdrawals! (We have the Monday night game.) On the bright side, that means no high-calorie snack food though either. I took Atlanta with 1 point, so I won't be out much if I'm wrong. (Broke my heart, because I love Brees!)

Time to start my day... *yawn* Enjoy your fishing, Mike! Sounds wonderful. It's so peaceful to be out on the water before anyone else gets up... but you have to turn the cell phone off!! Do like I did and go electronics free for a few hours... it's kind of liberating!

Have a wonderful day, all! (... and no mindless snacking.... I'm watching you.... )

quinn
Old 11-13-2011, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

We already caught 50 keepers probably threw back 50+
Old 11-13-2011, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

This week has been hard for me. Didn't lose anything though I guess, it's better than gaining anything. I recalculated my calorie intake in hopes to lose at least a half pound by next week. Also got a new scale and just set it up since it has a memory system in it.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning my lovelies!!!!!!!! I started today with my cheat meal, although it was one cinnamon roll. I should have saved my cheat for something better, like a Blast... or fried trout.

For those of you that have logged fishing before, you'd know it actually burns a lot of calories. I guess if you're just sitting there drowning worms, not so much, but catching yes. It's not that it's that physical, maybe it's the adrenaline that gets your heart pumping, heart rate climbs and calories get burned, who knows? Being on the water will also make you hungry. I had a great time fishing, I brought some water, an apple and a small pack of nuts. The fish were biting, almost as much as the gnats. I probably lost a 1/2 dozen fish while trying to fight off the gnats. I am now covered it Off, which I think was gnat bait b/c it didn't get rid of them so I need to take a shower.

I have a big ass pot of red beans on the stove... again, an ice chest of fish that I need to clean and 5.6 more miles to walk today. I may not be on here much today but don't think it's b/c I'm dodging y'all, I'll just be busy
. I will check in from time to time when given the chance.

As for the scale, yeah it's to be expected. It's just a rude reminder of how lofty my goal is, but I feel that if you don't aim for the sky you'll never do great things. Today is not over with and there is still some weight shedding that can be done. Even if I don't hit my -5 pounds I still need to get as close as possible to my -18.5 pound goal.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-13-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

I'm about to say something that I hardly ever say... I am beat! I feel so exhausted. I had about 3 hours of sleep and I am flat wore out. I'm sure being on the water in the sun doesn't help any. I feel like taking a nap but I have so much to do. The Saints are on right now and I'm too busy to enjoy it. I think I may take some time for myself, lay down and watch the game for a little bit. I have the fish covered with ice so they are good. I may just do them tomorrow. I need to rest so I'll be able to put in the miles later.

Oh yeah, I hoped on the scale after taking my shower and it was back down to 181.6 from 182.4 this morning, which is odd for being mid day.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I know it's a little early but I hope you didn't bet the farm on the Saints game.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

I just remembered that we have trash pickup tomorrow, that means that I have to get the fish cleaned today. I'm going to try to make time for some walking later but no promises.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, how was that for a game? That was an awesome game, all the way to the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.