FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5621-7-day-motivational-thread-aka-its-time-get-serious-before-holidays-here.html)

quinnesec 11-07-2011 10:20 AM

I was just going through my old journal entries from last January and guess how much I gained over the holidays?? "6-8 lbs." See a pattern here??? Why do I keep gaining and losing this same amount over and over??

I spent a bit of time journaling today, and it really helped. I'm going to use it more when I want to eat as a distraction. Usually, I want to eat because I'm ticked about something. This way, I can sort out the issue and hopefully not gain weight. Well, it's worth a try, right?

01gt4.6 11-07-2011 11:09 AM

Quinn, 2 pounds by Friday? That's great... unless you are planning on a rough weekend. That a funny story about your daughters date. How long are you giving yourself to take off what you've gained?

cjohnson728 11-07-2011 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 61692)
I was just going through my old journal entries from last January and guess how much I gained over the holidays?? "6-8 lbs." See a pattern here??? Why do I keep gaining and losing this same amount over and over??

I spent a bit of time journaling today, and it really helped. I'm going to use it more when I want to eat as a distraction. Usually, I want to eat because I'm ticked about something. This way, I can sort out the issue and hopefully not gain weight. Well, it's worth a try, right?

Reminds me of the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. I learn lessons really well in other areas of my life, but this one eats my lunch, too.

Very funny story about your daughter :). I'm sure it was tremendously entertaining watching it all unfold; I don't know how you kept a straight face!

cjohnson728 11-07-2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 61700)
Quinn, 2 pounds by Friday?

...says Mr. 5 Pounds by Friday ;).

I gotta keep up; I'm not going to be the slacker here!

quinnesec 11-07-2011 11:23 AM

Quinn, 2 pounds by Friday? That's great... unless you are planning on a rough weekend. That a funny story about your daughters date. How long are you giving yourself to take off what you've gained?

My goal is to have the weight off by November 28th, three weeks from today, which is ambitious considering Thanksgiving is in there. :eek: That's 2.4 lbs per week which will be tough, but I think I can do it if I stay focused this time.

quinnesec 11-07-2011 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 61702)

The only way I could lose 5 lbs. by Friday would be to cut off my arm! LOL

quinnesec 11-07-2011 11:29 AM

Quinn, 2 pounds by Friday? That's great... unless you are planning on a rough weekend.

This weekend should be easier to stay in line because we play a Monday night game on the 14th, so no Sunday football munchies! :o

01gt4.6 11-07-2011 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 61702)

I can't do it by Friday. Going to need the full week.

quinnesec 11-07-2011 11:40 AM

Long Term:

1. Lose 7 lbs. by November 28th.
2. Change my mental attitude (again) toward food. It's not a treat, boredom killer or a reward. Yes
3. Get through Thanksgiving Day without a major melt-down.
4. Look great in my black dress without a "supportive assist".
5. Journal, when needed, to figure out what's going on and why I can't master this, once and for all. Yes

This Week:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. 992
2. One fruit or vegetable serving with each meal and one as a snack. Yes
3. 80 oz. of liquid a day. Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. Walk 3 times in the next 7 days. 0
6. Log everything. Yes
7. No bread, cheese, butter or spreads Monday-Friday, no excuses! Yes

01gt4.6 11-07-2011 11:46 AM

Quinn, what... No colors?