Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 10-31-2011, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Well, our one and only trick or treater arrived just a minute ago. Now I have 75 candy bars (less the ones hub and I ate) a huge bag of double bubble gum and some caramels left over. I'm not sure how many bars I ate, well maybe five. I wish I was more disciplined.

I did do my half hour on the bicycle. Soon will be time to put it away and I will be stuck using the stationary bike. I don't get as good as a workout on the stationary, or so it feels.

Mern, you certainly would be the cool house to be giving out full size bars. Lucky find for the ghosts and ghouls who found your place.

About the obese/morbidly obese ... it is a shocker. My BMI is at around 31. For the past year I've been complaining to myself about the having to go up a size in clothes. I could not believe that I had to now buy an XL. I thought it must be the shops I am visiting. Then I thought, it must be a conspiracy. I've been in denial. Not anymore. I did get on the scale the other night and WOW, I was up 4 pounds. I'm thinking I should only weigh in on the same day every week. I'm sure that there will be some fluctuations from day to day.

Mike, luv the poem, so creative!

We had a great dinner tonight. I baked up some halibut with some special seasoning, steamed brocolli, and rice.

Well, taking it one day at a time.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Happy Halloween!! Yay! One of my favorite holidays... and I have no idea why... lol

I've been crazy busy for the past 3 days and today will be more of the same. I host a very casual Open House every year. It started off as a place where kids from all directions could grab a bite to eat and change before going Trick or Treating and has kind of grown. Now, it's more of an Open House where people know there will be a hot buffet meal, apple cider, homemade caramel corn and a "reunion" type atmosphere. Now, kids bring their kids and parents bring their grandkids. I never know who will show up. One year, I had an entire hay ride of kids come to the door, friends of my daughter's!

Made a ton of Halloween cut-out sugar cookies yesterday, my homemade spaghetti sauce is simmering on the stove and I'll start the crockpots of apple cider with cinnamon sticks and sliced oranges after lunch.

It's funny... I never made a big deal out of Halloween until I married my husband. Being from a very small town, Halloween was a BIG deal. So, I've always made it a big deal for our kids, as well. We even sold pumpkins for years when the kids were small. (That's how I made all of my Christmas money! )
Thanks for the invite.

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
Goals:

1. Exercise 4x - Y
2. Emphasize proteins and veggies at all meals and snax except veg at breakfast - N (we had an AM meeting w Panera so I ate a wholegrain bagel and HUGE piece of cinnamon coffee cake!)
3. No trans fats
take it easy on the exercising.

Originally Posted by dar n
Mike Avoid Halloween candy at all costs, eat a vegetables. I just got lured by a mini twix it actually spoke softly to me then as I was enjoying it I read the box 6o calories in a mini twix and its not even lunchtime yet.

Have a great day stay strong around all the candy

Goals
Exercise 5 days:
Squats 5 days:
Ab work 5 days:
Calories less than 1400:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday:
Keep food opinions to myself (other than here):
Too late on the candy. Intense goals again!

Originally Posted by nottheactress
I'm glad it's a new week and a new thread, as this way I can avoid mentioning that I totally fell off the wagon on the weekend and met none of my goals while re-shooting and editing my film (I did win the audience favourite award at the post-workshop screening, but I also only had beer for dinner last night).
Most of us struggle on the weekend. We turn the 7 day thread into 5.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hi everyone!

Wow, what a crazy weekend! It was nonstop but good. Fun party on Saturday, and huge productivity around the house, baking, organizing, carving pumpkins, decorating, yard work...I had 28 things on my to-do list and got 27 done! Usually I am never even close.

Today I relaxed; my cousin flew in from PA to teach a seminar down in south GA, so I got him at the airport and we had lunch and chatted till time for his ride. Right now I'm enjoying a completely clean house, caught-up work, and getting ready to get logging! Glad to see everyone's ready and raring to go!
Great job on your to-do list. Enjoy your time with your cousin. Guess who will be swatting balls at 8am. ME!

Originally Posted by bojibridge
You have real poetic flair, Mike. Wax on.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, I'm here. Just have been so darned busy. Two of DH's seven siblings were in the hospital, which necessitated more family phone conversations and hospital visits, and then I've been more busy with the grandkids, so haven't been logging on as much. LOL on the Halloween poem. I'll be sure to show that to my live-in granddaughter who works at Burger King. She always notices when I pick her up in my car after work that the clothes that were freshly washed and fragrant from fabric softener right before work smell like grease after just a three or four hour shift. Oh, but I now see you were serious--hope your belly feels better soon.
Wow sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. No pun intended.

Originally Posted by Anna1Louise
Well, our one and only trick or treater arrived just a minute ago. Now I have 75 candy bars (less the ones hub and I ate) a huge bag of double bubble gum and some caramels left over. I'm not sure how many bars I ate, well maybe five. I wish I was more disciplined.

I did do my half hour on the bicycle. Soon will be time to put it away and I will be stuck using the stationary bike. I don't get as good as a workout on the stationary, or so it feels.

Mern, you certainly would be the cool house to be giving out full size bars. Lucky find for the ghosts and ghouls who found your place.

About the obese/morbidly obese ... it is a shocker. My BMI is at around 31. For the past year I've been complaining to myself about the having to go up a size in clothes. I could not believe that I had to now buy an XL. I thought it must be the shops I am visiting. Then I thought, it must be a conspiracy. I've been in denial. Not anymore. I did get on the scale the other night and WOW, I was up 4 pounds. I'm thinking I should only weigh in on the same day every week. I'm sure that there will be some fluctuations from day to day.

Mike, luv the poem, so creative!

We had a great dinner tonight. I baked up some halibut with some special seasoning, steamed brocolli, and rice.

Well, taking it one day at a time.
I hate the BMI scale. I'll NEVER be in a "normal" range.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I can't believe that Ann and Mern has been gone for so long. Maybe I should drag them back...
Ok I'm back....although not happy with my leaving in the first place. Life's been nuts...interviewing at a ton of places, starting back working full time, getting my daughter in daycare and overall not eating healthy and not working out. So thanks to Mike for harassing me on Facebook to get me back.

Today is not a good one since I have a bad cold again but I will be checking out the gym near my work on my lunchbreak tomorrow and signing up for that. Hubby is traveling non-stop so working out at night is not an option anymore.

But thanks as usual for your support and thanks to Mike for kicking my ass in gear!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Ok I'm back....although not happy with my leaving in the first place. Life's been nuts...interviewing at a ton of places, starting back working full time, getting my daughter in daycare and overall not eating healthy and not working out. So thanks to Mike for harassing me on Facebook to get me back.

Today is not a good one since I have a bad cold again but I will be checking out the gym near my work on my lunchbreak tomorrow and signing up for that. Hubby is traveling non-stop so working out at night is not an option anymore.

But thanks as usual for your support and thanks to Mike for kicking my ass in gear!
Aww how sweet, you know I'll always been there to kick your ass in gear. Welcome back, now don't leave!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Roll call, who had a mammogram or scheduled one this month?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Didn't make it too far this week. I've already placed a bid on this. Suzuki : GSX-R | eBay
I only bid $4k and got a notice that the reserve wasn't met. I figured that much. I'll watch it and if I can snag it for ~$6k I may jump back in.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Monday... it is Monday, right?:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1492
2.) Exercise 3 times
Old 10-31-2011, 04:24 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1. 3L of WATER (not coffee!): No
2. 3 Laps with Steg: No
3. 100 situps: No
4. 1000 deficit: No
5. C25K MWF: No
6. Do WWT: No

Today was made of "No", but I was on the go from 5AM-midnight and tomorrow is a new day. Today was Clemson's first ever Pride and we had Roxy C. Moorecox perform! I also discovered the snooze button, so didn't get to prep like I need to, but I looked hot as hell in heels at the dragshow, and that's what matters :P I went as a "Black Widow" for Halloween after being "Super Slut" for my frat's party. I have officially exhausted all of my over-the-bust corsets, and now must find a use for my hot pink waist-cincher!

Mike: 'Eh, don't feel old! You don't look a day over 28!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
mhibdon,... LOL Hey, what if we're addicted to reading your posts? You might come back after a week and learn some of us had panic attacks.
Oh goodness I would feel AWFUL! I would hate to be the cause of psychological distress!

Unless there is a lurker who is a tall, muscular butch. Then I'll cause you distress any day

Last edited by mhibdon; 10-31-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:59 PM
FitDay Member

Mern and Ann Glad you are both back.

Mike My goals are intense but Dec 10th is my hubbys Christmas party and I have the cutest black baby doll dress and boots I really want to wear but I don’t want to be self conscious or feel like I am too big to wear them so intense =determined. Hope you feel better and your poem was great.

Well the mini twix calories bothered me so much this morning it kept me away from the candy for the rest of the day although I made a sweet trade for some mini tootsie roll’s with my niece that I will save for a special treat.

Goodnight all.

Goals
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk/Stairs
Squats 5 days: M=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M= 1190
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-1105
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=Y
Keep food opinions to myself (other than here): M=Y

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.