Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Here is another box-o-lantern pic. Actually a nicer pic. But I don't have a daylight one. I had to dig deep on my usb drive to find this one.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Those are so cool.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Things are going downhill and I’m filled with fear.
I went to Burger King for the 1st time in a year.
I had a burger and fries and I feel like a creep.
The carbs have hit me and I want to sleep.
I sat with my food, knowing it wasn’t right.
I continued to eat until the last bite.
Once the sun goes down, it will only get worse.
My doorbell will ring with a witch and her curse.
I will put up a fight, as best as I can.
Trying to keep the monsters off of my land.
For whom the bell tolls will be a dead ringer.
I’ll kill the first monster that tries to take my Butterfinger.
My front step will look like a murder scene.
I hope y’all are well and have a Happy Halloween.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

I'm glad it's a new week and a new thread, as this way I can avoid mentioning that I totally fell off the wagon on the weekend and met none of my goals while re-shooting and editing my film (I did win the audience favourite award at the post-workshop screening, but I also only had beer for dinner last night).

This week's goals:

1) Record everything and keep daily calories under 1600
2) Eat more protein and fewer carbs
3) No skipping meals because of being busy
4) Walk everyday
5) Sew/knit/something creative everyday

So far so good... I have taken a few days off one of my two jobs to relax a little and re-group. Planning meals, and cooking a few things for the freezer is a big priority. I expect November to be a madhouse.

Happy Monday, everyone.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone!

Wow, what a crazy weekend! It was nonstop but good. Fun party on Saturday, and huge productivity around the house, baking, organizing, carving pumpkins, decorating, yard work...I had 28 things on my to-do list and got 27 done! Usually I am never even close.

Today I relaxed; my cousin flew in from PA to teach a seminar down in south GA, so I got him at the airport and we had lunch and chatted till time for his ride. Right now I'm enjoying a completely clean house, caught-up work, and getting ready to get logging! Glad to see everyone's ready and raring to go!

Goals for the week:

1. Calories 1300 or less.
2. Exercise 6 times (wicked weird schedule this week)
3. Balance pie chart.
4. 3 sports bottles of water.
5. Take all vitamins, calcium, fish oil.
6. Shoulder exercises.

Pretty much the same, but if it works, don't mess with it!

Happy Halloween !
Old 10-31-2011, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Things are going downhill and I’m filled with fear.
I went to Burger King for the 1st time in a year.
I had a burger and fries and I feel like a creep.
The carbs have hit me and I want to sleep.
I sat with my food, knowing it wasn’t right.
I continued to eat until the last bite.
Once the sun goes down, it will only get worse.
My doorbell will ring with a witch and her curse.
I will put up a fight, as best as I can.
Trying to keep the monsters off of my land.
For whom the bell tolls will be a dead ringer.
I’ll kill the first monster that tries to take my Butterfinger.
My front step will look like a murder scene.
I hope y’all are well and have a Happy Halloween.
You have real poetic flair, Mike. Wax on.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:33 AM
FitDay Member

Your diet has to be spot on, it is a must.
Then I will admit that I need help. Because I don't know how to cook much... or what really to eat. I've been living off chicken breast, broccoli, coffee, milk, peanut butter, cream cheese, apples, sweet potatoes, & bread/bagels... Until my roommates bake... then it is funfetti cupcakes and cookies for all. I am working on saying "No!" to the refined carbs, but oh lawdy do I struggle with it!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not sure that I could design a plan on that level, that's why I turn to the pro's and follow one of their plans. I'm currently during MH's Huge in a Hurry. If you really want to get ripped, I'd recommend P90X, that is if you think you can handle it. I'm not so sure that you and your girls are up for the challenge. I figured that last two statements alone will make you want to run out and get it. But seriously it works, and will probably do what you want and doesn't require a lot of space or equiptment. Heck y'all could even get together and do it like a "class". ...
You know me so well! I am pitching the C25K as a running/training/bonding group, but then I'm going to start slowly teaching the ones that stick with it about weight training.

I just get so frustrated with hearing them put themselves down about their fitness levels and then not doing anything to help themselves!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Boy I feel like crap. The fast food and candy has caught up to me.

Thanks Joanna.

mh, I got ya all figured out. Maybe it's b/c I have a daughter about your age. Wow I'm old.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I'm here. Just have been so darned busy. Two of DH's seven siblings were in the hospital, which necessitated more family phone conversations and hospital visits, and then I've been more busy with the grandkids, so haven't been logging on as much. LOL on the Halloween poem. I'll be sure to show that to my live-in granddaughter who works at Burger King. She always notices when I pick her up in my car after work that the clothes that were freshly washed and fragrant from fabric softener right before work smell like grease after just a three or four hour shift. Oh, but I now see you were serious--hope your belly feels better soon.

Not the actress, congrats on your film being the audience favorite at the post-workshop screening. Looks like you have a really good idea to get in some relaxation and meal planning and pre-cooking. OK, then I won't mention that I also fell off the wagon toward the end of last week. It'll be our secret. LOL

Cassie, what a nice, chipper post. Sounds like you really had a blast this weekend, topped off by a great visit with your cuz-in-law.

mhibdon, I was out o' bed before ya, but not bright eyed and bushy tailed--just couldn't get back to sleep. Way to go on your exercise! I WAS headed to the Y when a friend called and said she'd run out of gas and could I come bring her some so she wouldn't have to buy another $15 gas can like she had to just TWO WEEKS AGO. (Didn't learn from that experience to buy gas before she gets down to that last ounce of it.) I never got back into the exercise mood. I promise to not turn on the computer tomorrow until after I've exercised. Caffeine and FitDay are your addictions, eh? LOL Hey, what if we're addicted to reading your posts? You might come back after a week and learn some of us had panic attacks.

Anna Louise, nice goals! Welcome to our group. So far this Halloween night I've had four pieces of Hershey Sugar free chocolate miniatures(my normal limit is two) and I must confess I stole one piece of Smarties (citrus flavor candy) from my grandson. I'll have to see if I can find a calorie count for the Smarties.

Joanna, sometimes those simple goals are all we need. Glad you're in.

Julie, hi and welcome. Your goals look great, too.

April, even when you're lounging you're working around the house. LOL But it is great to be able to enjoy movies all day occasionally. I'm not a big movie fan, but a few months ago there was a marathon of Little House on the Prairie TV episodes that I enjoyed all day long, doing minimal necessary chores in between. Oh, hey, toot away, lady! You deserve it! Big drop in BMI and inches. I share your joy in being obese now, rather than "morbidly obese." Don't you just hate that term? I know it was meant to be a shocker, but I find that term very rude and crude. A bout the hunger feelings. Sometimes my stomach has a feeling of hunger pangs and I know I should not be hungry. They say to drink a lot of water and it will help but it does nothing for me--just makes my stomach feel the same but with water in it. Wow! Cool boxer pumpkin! Thanks for sharing that!

I love Halloween because we have so few kids (only 7 to 15 kids per year) due to our street being homes on half acre lots with no sidewalks or street lights, so we can afford to give out full size candy bars.
The kids are always so tickled with their treat and always say thanks and add something like "Wow!" or "Cool." One boy tonight, who looked to be about 12 year old, exclaimed "You guys are NICE!" The next street over has houses really close together, street lights and sidewalks and friends on that street tell me they get about 150-200 kids! I know the homeowners there have to be spending way more money than we do.

Quinn, my candy bars pale in comparison to your open house. Such a loving thing for you to do! That's a lot of work and expense. What's cool is that many years from now, after you're long gone, those kids will be telling their kids and grandkids what a great time they had at your house every Halloween. Way to go on continuing your good goals.

Ruby, glad to see you back again this week.

Well, I gotta go pick up live-in granddaughter. She and her boyfriend took his little cousins trick-or-treating.

Goodnight, y'all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.