Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 11-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
You are so right Mike. Not walking yet this week has been killing me. My lower back is aching too from sitting in a different chair while my trainee was here on Tuesday. I just need to get out there and I will today on lunch. It's about 50* outside and sunny. The great outdoors is calling my name and I may even leave the parking lot that I usually circle and go for a road walk. I don't do it all the time because my work is located across the street from the big fuel tanks that the fuel tanker trucks go to to fill up and it is very traffic heavy from rigs. I don't want to get run over. LOL ... Your little zoo sounds perfect for a 5 yr old. Not so big that they get bored. I want to take the boys to the national zoo in DC. Maybe next summer.

I just warned my coworker (a guy) that tomorrow will be a bad day emotionally for me. One year ago tomorrow I had to have my oldest boxer (my first dog that I loved) put to sleep. So I am going to be on my toes trying to head off any meltdowns that include food for the next day or two.
awww that's sad. I can't imagine how hard that is to deal with.

Originally Posted by almeeker
Dude, I'm not a runner and I live like 800 miles from there. I'll see what I can do, but no promises. I almost came to NOLA for my birfday, but it didn't work out with the kids school parties and such.
I can't run 100 yards, so what's your point? What does 800 miles have to do with it? You aren't supposed to run to Louisiana. Might I suggest taking a flight? Distance never stopped me from doing the 1/2 marathon in Va beach. So tell me, did you almost have a good time on Bourbon Street and almost get to eat some of the good NOLA food? I know I'm being a PITA today.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Just popping in--only have 30 minutes before I have to leave to pick up grandkids from high school. Ugh--seems like I spend most of the day in the car lately! But I know it's only temporary until we get our school busses back and live-in GD saves up enough to buy a used car.

Thanks to all for your good wishes. Sis-in-law is out of the hospital after emergency gall bladder surgery and additional infection, and bro-in-law is still in intensive care due to bleeding on the brain. They had to go in and drain that yesterday and he'll be in ICU for at least a couple more days. After 12 days in the hospital, they still don't know whether the fall caused the bleeding or the bleeding caused the fall.

Report for past few days:

I didn't get any formal exercise yesterday or today, but have been walking briskly (and carefully so as not to knock down another pedestrian) at the hospital whenever I am alone going down a hallway or to and from the car.

Eating is low carb and I THINK pretty much within my goals except that saturated fat is very likely over my 12% target. But I do keep in mind that whether reducing sat fat helps reduce triglycerides and/or cholesterol is controversial. Water is under target but I'm in the car so much that I don't want to be hunting for restrooms on the way to and from my destinations.

Big cyberhugs to all.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

April: You have such beautiful puppies!
Mike: Sorry about leaving you on your lonesome!

Everyone else: See ya later!!! <3
Old 11-03-2011, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, I feel your pain. Growing up, my mom had her addictions that was hard to understand why someone can't just quit. It seems so simple when it's not you. You know what?? We must both step on the scle and face up to the damage that we caused. If we don't own up to it we'll never defeat it. Maintanance is hard, it's very hard. So I say, this Monday we'll not only step on the scale, but we log it as well. This will be our new start. Right? Then we can watch our scale (or body fat) drop.
I agree. I loved when you said, "It seems so simple when it's not you." You know, I've always been extremely self-disciplined and pretty much a type-A, OCD perfectionist... except for my eating. I just can't seem to master maintenance. Taking the weight off went really easy for me. I can't figure out why I can't apply the same self-discipline principles to my eating as I do all other areas of my life. Why do you think maintenance is so much harder???? I can't figure it out. There is the study that was posted recently, saying that it gets easier after a two year period... here's hoping that it works that way for us!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
So there you'll be in your fab LBD, saying "so, you gonna finish that?", and finishing everybody else's grass and raw fish. Welcome to life on a caloric deficit eh? LOL.
It sounds like the perfect night to me followed with some dancing to burn of the sushi rice.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Hi all, I've finally gotten my internet connection stable, so I can be back on, which is good news. I know I can't catch up on the posts, but I did skim through them and enjoyed hearing what's going on with everyone.

Unfortunately, my lack of logging also ended up in, as Quinn so eloquently put it, a four-day binge-fest. (We have soooo much in common; were we separated at birth?) Leftover candy, a catered lunch at the practice, quickie meals, things I've been baking...ugh! I can't afford to wait till Monday, so I am cracking the whip back on myself starting today. I'm sorry some of you guys fell off, too, but it's good to have someone who understands.

Hubby was off today, so we went for a walk and spread 20 bales of pine straw. It's time for me to get some work done, but I will be back to chat with y'all later.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

April I sure hope you are not getting sick. Get lots of rest so many people who get this cold seem to be getting infections along with it so be proactive and take care of yourself. My parents love the traveling we were not sure if my mom would she loved her big house and closets of clothes it was always my dad’s dream she agreed to one year and that’s turned into two so far. At breakfast yesterday my dad said they were going to look for a parcel of land on the island so they could park for longer time periods in a couple of years so it sounds like they will live close by when they are done traveling. I hope your salt goes away soon.

Quinn I hope your day is happy and filled with will power, don’t look back look forward.

Amy Your school sounds like it’s very forward thinking when it comes to exercise how lucky for those kids. I am glad the kids will get nasty if you steal their candy that is as good as throwing it out!

Mike Ughh smoke inside any building is so yucky. I liked amy’s theory of you riding the little zoo train 75 times better.

Hope Hi late is better than never.

Mern You are in my prayers. Take care of yourself.

I am off to hike its beautiful outside right now. I am glad to see everyone back and fighting against the candy cravings yeah everyone. Have a great day.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I feel your pain because these past days have been a binge fest. I don't know if it was the strict Dukan diet or the frustration of being without power but I ate till my stomach hurt. I ate when I did not even think I wanted what I was eating. I ate my daughter's Halloween candy telling myself it was so she wouldn't.

I had some woman health stuff (severe pain, bleeding) so I could not exercise. I am going to the doctor tomorrow. I am a little nervous I'll admit.

Darlene thank you for welcoming me back! So good to be acknowledged like that.

Mern, are you OK? It sounds like tough times for you, my dear. You are in my prayers.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hope... I hope that your pain (woman problem) isn't anything serious. I am glad that you made the appointment to go get checked out.

Mern ... Wow hun, your plate is still full. Kudos to you for walking when you can at the hospital. I hope you life settles down soon.

Mhibdon ... Thanks! My dogs are a pretty important part of me. As you can tell on my FB there are more pics of them than the kids! LOL The kids always make faces when I try to get their pic and they are too big to be randomly doing cute things to take pics of.

Darlene ... Thanks for wishing away my icky feeling. I am pretty good at not getting sick but working with the public and handling money doesn't help all that much.

Quinn & Cassie ... You two are so much alike that when I started here I had a tough time remembering who was who between the two of you!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
You know, I've always been extremely self-disciplined and pretty much a type-A, OCD perfectionist... except for my eating.
Very profound that, I might have to print this off and hang it inside the refrigerator. I too am a tad OCD, with a serious list toward perfectionism, although admittedly more so in some areas than others.

Good grief I made triple tiered PETTICOATS for the stupid Halloween costumes! You would think I could control myself around a pan of (not quite) homemade chocolate chip cookies. They were good, but not perfect by any stretch. It's really unfortunate that I cannot seem to get my mind around consuming only the things that fit perfectly into that grand caloric scheme of mine. Ugh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.