Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 11-02-2011, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Just drooled on my keyboard. Between your description and the smells from the kid's lunch next to me in lab, I am about to eat someone... or my computer. Whichever is tastier. D:
Humans are probably tastier, but the computer is more legal, unless of course you're the high priestess of some obscure primitive tribe.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Love that little walking group at your elementary school Amy. That is a great idea!

Joanna & mhibdon...you are excused since you are getting your education on!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm here. Just got back from "Wednesday Walkers", it's a program at the school. I don't actually walk I just punch cards for the kids so they can keep track of how far they've walked/run/skipped. It's a fantastic program, I can't help feeling like I'm watching the future of the track team. Our elementary is the only one in the district that does this, so that actually might be true.
That is a wonderful idea!! I wish we had had that when I was younger! I'll bring it up when I go home!! What age group is it? How did they get the children excited about it? Do they have prizes for those that go the furthest? How do they deal with children on various fitness levels? Have they been keeping track of the grades of those who walk/run/skip more versus those who plod?

THIS COULD BE SUCH A FANTASTIC STUDY OH MY GAWD!!!!

Much love,
The Undergrad Who Desperately Needs/Wants to Get Published.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

So if I'm 5'5.5 tall.... should I tell fitday that I'm 5'5 or 5'6? I know that this is a silly question to ask, but according to the little BMI monster, if I'm 5'6 then I only have 3 lbs until Happy BMI Land... but if I'm 5'5 then I'm 8-ish lbs from Happy BMI Land.

So I'm trying to figure out when to host my HBL Party :P
Old 11-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Take your 6" heels off and you're 4'11".
Old 11-02-2011, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here... After Halloween, I started a HUGE slide backwards. I know that I have to get my act together. Too many good foods hanging around. Tomorrow, I'm sending the rest to my husband's office because if it's here, I eat it.

Today is a lost cause, as well. Tomorrow, I'll start fresh... I promise.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Even though I didn't set any goals this week I wanted to mention that last night I increased my squat weight by 50 pounds!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Even though I didn't set any goals this week I wanted to mention that last night I increased my squat weight by 50 pounds!
NICE!!!! Last time I was in the gym with a spotter, I maxed at 295, where are you?!

Also, I highly doubt that that 4'11 comment was directed at me. I am 5'5.5 flat footed, 6' + in heels, hence why my frat bro was confused :P
Old 11-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Haha not nearly enough. Still not where I was before my back injury. I'll never be able to max squats or deads now. Just trying to add weight without inflicting more damage.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Wed Report

I had my grandaughter at work with me today for "Take Your kid to Work Day". For some reason she didn't want to go to her school with her parent teachers. Went out to a buffet for lunch. I'm also over indulging in Lattes thanks to my new coffee maker -- I need to experiment with it. Will be back on track tomorrow. I'm skipping work for two days to reward myself for living through a month of renovations.

1. Drink water Yes, Not enough
2. Eat well, 1615 but well balanced, 3000 but I have an excuse
3. Exercise, cut grass, painted doors, booked apt with Y trainer; no
4. Journal, Yes for 1st time in a week, forced myself to despite calories
5 Plan ahead, fair., failure

Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.