Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11 >

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Old 10-24-2011, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Default logging in issues

I know that Terri, Cassie and Quinn were having issues. Are y'all still having a problem. I see that y'all are starting to post. Just let me know.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
At the advice of almeeker (and others) I've started dipping my toe into the couponing waters. Nothing crazy - I've been saving circulars and the coupons in the Sunday newspaper for a few weeks, and today (Monday) will be my first foray to the grocery store with the intent to use a bunch of coupons. For some reason, I'm nervous! I'm just being silly, I know, because I'm a creature of habit and doing anything new always makes me a little nervous. But I'm either serious about saving money or I'm not - and I am, so I'll just have to get over my oddly nervous self.
First and foremost let me remind you that you are a smart chic, the average cashier has a high school diploma, you bring considerably more education to the table. Chances are if they make a mistake you will catch it almost instantaneously, and you have every right to get it corrected. I also fully believe that if you score free deodorant you will be a coupon fiend within 30-40 seconds following that transaction! Don't be too nervous. I always say of couponing that I don't know that it saves us a ton of money, but we live a whole lot better on our skimpy budget. I wish you happy shopping and hopefully you'll get a nice cashier that loves coupons, because sometimes the nasty/stupid ones will treat you like a criminal.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I know that Terri, Cassie and Quinn were having issues. Are y'all still having a problem. I see that y'all are starting to post. Just let me know.
Yep, still having issues. I'm having to backdoor into Classic via a google search for my screen name. It's been a pain in the behind.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna and Hope Congrats on the weight loss.

The beta seems to be running today and the graphs are up on it also. I still had to use an old history to log into the forum.

I am also in for the week I need to start slow my sinus infection just won’t let go. Being sick is making me cranky and I feel like I am failing just lying around in bed. Food was good on the weekend I don’t have much of an appetite but I am not burning any calories so I need to try to get up and accomplish some chores or something today. On another note I don’t know if anyone watches Big Bang Theory? I had never seen it my daughter lent me the first 3 seasons she said I could use a laugh and I must admit it’s pretty funny, so that’s my funk remedy for today laugh at some cheesy tv.
Have a great day everyone.

Goals
Exercise 5 days:
Squats 5 days:
Ab work 5 days:
Calories less than 1400:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday:
Old 10-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, my login got better when I went into my Profile page and changed my preferred one back to Classic; I can log straight in now instead of having to "backdoor" it from old history.

So good to see you all today! Congrats to those who are doing well, and for the rest of us, well, I guess misery loves company. Let's all get it turned around together...the beauty of the boards!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here!! Had a very good weekend. Didn't accomplish all my weekend goals but did spend two hours digging up about 40 hosta plants and moving them across the yard then digging a hole for each one and putting them back in. Hopefully they come up in the spring. Where I put them is a wet area. I hope they don't rot. Anyone know if they are wet tolerant? They will be pretty much in full sun so I am thinking the wet will be okay. Hopefully.

Health/Nutrition Goals...
1. 80oz water daily
2. No buying the dessert of the week (turtle cheesecake) from the work kitchen
3. No stuffing junk in my mouth
4. One diet soda daily limit
5. No added salt on the plate

Life Goals...
1. Clean out closet
2. Plant bulbs
3. Watch my attitude. I've had an attitude lately that isn't good.
4. Do my nails
5. Give blood on Thursday
6. There will be awesome treats for giving blood. Take them home and share with (give to) my guys

This weekend my hubby will be off work so I am not going to specify any weekend goals. When he is home we usually just wing it. About the only thing I get done on his off weekends (every other week) is laundry and cleaning the three toilets LOL. I guess that is more than some people would do though. We do veg out a lot and watch movies. It is our time together though and I cherish it. We have had some rough times in our past and I love every minute I get to spend with my man.

I am starting this week off at 279.0 lbs. Exactly where I was last Monday. Not bad for last week being TOTM and having the 'apple pie incident' on Saturday, LOL. I do have a feeling that I have a drop coming. I don't know if you can feel it or not but I just have a feeling. I hope my feeling is right!

Hope ... Thanks for starting this week off. And congrats on dropping 2 of those 'sodium pounds'.

Terri ... When I know that my added weight is from salt I don't believe it either. I give myself a few days before I consider it a true weight.

rly123 ... Welcome to the group! It really makes it easier to hold up to what you want to get done once you have it in writing.

jjeand ... Don't worry, those lbs will come right back off.

Quinn ...It's been a while since I found something good to read and that book sounds like it might be the ticket. I'll have to swing by the library one day soon.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Mike, I'm still having to backdoor through a google search too - I'm going to do what Cassie did and switch my profile preferences back to classic and see if that doesn't fix it.

almeeker: Thanks for the pep talk I've got some fairly decent coupons - no free deodorant yet, but I'm sure I'll see it someday! I guesstimated that it will save me ~$8.00-$10.00 on this trip. Nothing crazy, but hey, that's still nothing to sneeze at, either. I'm sure as I save up more circulars the deals will get better. I've only been focusing on grocery and not drug store yet - I'm still very much a one-thing-at-a-time person
Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

I hate to say this, but I quit using the Beta version several weeks ago. I've been using the Classic mode without any problems at all. I use IE and Google Chrome and had significant issues with both, frustrating enough for me to bag it.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
almeeker: Thanks for the pep talk I've got some fairly decent coupons - no free deodorant yet, but I'm sure I'll see it someday! I guesstimated that it will save me ~$8.00-$10.00 on this trip. Nothing crazy, but hey, that's still nothing to sneeze at, either. I'm sure as I save up more circulars the deals will get better. I've only been focusing on grocery and not drug store yet - I'm still very much a one-thing-at-a-time person
You're welcome, I'm always up for giving a pep talk. Here's what you need to start doing. I used to carry a notebook with me to the store. Let's face it, you buy the same items time and again right? So start studying the regular price of your top 10 items (after you get those down add another 10, so forth and so on). This will help you spot a deal faster. I work all my prices by unit, oz, lbs, fl. oz, whatev, that way you can determine if a larger or smaller quantity is the best deal. Believe me the jumbo size isn't always the best deal, even though we've all been pre-programmed to think that the bigger size will be cheaper in the long run. Ultimately you want to be able to spot the difference between a "sale" and an "advertised price". A true sale is great, usually 25-50% (or more) off the regular price, an advertised price is just that, a price and picture that make the circular, but aren't a sale and are even sometimes a higher price than the item would be anyway. The worst advertised prices happen in those 10/$10 sales. Some of the items are good buys at $1, other items routinely cost like $.88 but will go 10/$10 just to fill up the graphics on the circular - seriously. The stores think people are that stupid, and many of us are.

If you can pair a sale up with a coupon, that's gold you can take to the bank, or at least gold you don't have to get out of the bank. Also if a sale is BOGO (buy one get one FREE) you can generally use a coupon on both items, even though technically you didn't pay for the second one. This is always true if you don't have to buy 2 to get the 1/2 price, however if you have to buy 2, sometimes the store policy will only allow the redemption of one coupon.

Drug store coupon rolling is complicated, but you're smart, once you catch on you'll be a pro and the cashiers will be trying to go on break the minute you head for the checkout. CVS and Rite Aid have FREE items every week, the only question you need to ask yourself is "do you really need that item?". Some people will take anything that's FREE, I only go for the stuff that I actually will use or can reasonably donate to charity.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-24-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Mike,

I hate to say this, but I quit using the Beta version several weeks ago. I've been using the Classic mode without any problems at all. I use IE and Google Chrome and had significant issues with both, frustrating enough for me to bag it.
i haven;t been on it much eaither. I'll probably go on tonight and check out the new changes. BTW, I don't know if you saw my goal to push the next porson that posts, that would be you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.