Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Old 10-26-2011, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
4 servings is 4 servings.

Quinn, did you put the the group of hens on me? Your time is coming!
I beg your pardon, was I just referred to as a "hen?" Quinn, fellow women, we have to stand by each other and not let ourselves be referred to as poultry.

Last edited by canary52; 10-26-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning! I hope you are all off to a sunny start. Unfortunately, this stupid cough kept me awake for a bit of the night. Then there was the low blood sugar incident that occurred around 2:30 AM. I'm very lucky in the fact that when my blood sugar goes low, I wake up - a lot of diabetics aren't so fortunate, leading to serious problems. Less luckily, I tend to overcorrect mid-night lows, so this morning I woke up feeling kinda blech 'cause I ate too much sugary stuff and my blood sugar was a tad high. Ah well, rather that than not waking up at all!

Today I am wearing a new shirt, therefore today will be good.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
I beg your pardon, was I just referred to as a "hen?" Quinn, fellow women, we have to stand by each other and not let ourselves be referred to as poultry.
Weren't we cows a couple months ago? I think "hen" is a step up, though I agree with you. On the other hand, the idea of a "hen party," especially the British version, sounds like a grand time!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

1) 8 glasses H2O minimum: 11, 6
2) gym or walk 4 days this week minimum: gym, N
3) Low carb: Y, Y
4) stretch daily: Y, N
5) Get out of funk: Y, Y

Good job on your goals, Joanna. I hope you feel better. I love the idea about the shirt. Wish I had a cool new shirt too!

Cassie all the time at the bank - you were driven to have that froyo, I say. And it could have been worse. And I hear tell that YOU eat your vegetables. And do not call people hens not that I'm bitter. True it is better than being called a cow. And I do like the idea about the hen party; I almost made a rude joke there regarding male chickens.

Mhibdon I hope you feel beter, my dear! H2O is the stuff! That and you know veggies. Cool idea about the blueberry!~ Literally cool! But I can see me by the freezer consuming the whole tray.

Darlene so glad about lifting of the funk. I hear that happens when you eat your veg.

Hi Mary!!! Long time no "speak."

So I have lost so far a total of 6 pounds in three days. I do not trust this. It is true part of the tonnage (say 2 lbs) was salt. Another part was water. But I feel that since this diet is so restrictive, I will gain everything back when I start eating normally. Plus it's calorie restrictive because it is so restrictive in general I have almost lost the will to eat. My kingdom(queendom?) for a piece of fruit!! Maybe I should not be giving Mike crap about his eating? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by canary52; 10-26-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
I agree with the competition motivator. I have a nurses reunion (45 years) next year and my goal is to look better - and younger than the majority. That should keep me on track till next september. 35 pounds more off would find me back at the weight I was then but would likely have me looking old and wrinkled! I'm aiming for 20 more off and a fit, athletic body.
These are women that date back to my high school days... I was the chubby nerd that they were too good for and they were the popular, thin, cheerleader types. Come to think of it, they made my life hell. Last time I saw them, they were old, matronly, gray, divorced and obese with loser children. (One pregnant at 18 and one in rehab.) My plan is to walk in as the blonde bombshell in my LBD and boots, handsome successful banker husband and perhaps dropping in a few lines involving my intelligent, highly motivated, successful children. I've waited YEARS for this. Catty... yes. Petty... yes. But oh so satisfying!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Ha! Do you think that calling for backup will make me a chicken?
Old 10-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
These are women that date back to my high school days... I was the chubby nerd that they were too good for and they were the popular, thin, cheerleader types. Come to think of it, they made my life hell. Last time I saw them, they were old, matronly, gray, divorced and obese with loser children. (One pregnant at 18 and one in rehab.) My plan is to walk in as the blonde bombshell in my LBD and boots, handsome successful banker husband and perhaps dropping in a few lines involving my intelligent, highly motivated, successful children. I've waited YEARS for this. Catty... yes. Petty... yes. But oh so satisfying!
Run with it, girl, and give us the gory details when it's all over .

Well, I think I have a Halloween costume. Hubby and I stopped yesterday to pick up a couple things but basically we have most of it already. He's going for the hippie look, so we got him an afro and a peace pendant; he's got the glasses, tie-dye, and various other accessories. He was really entertaining the idea of being a female something...especially since they are dressing up at work (and it is soooo out of character for him to get into this), but we're low on time so we decided we'd just make him into a lovely woman next year. Honestly, there were fake breasts and butts everywhere, though!!! And he was truly torn about being a pimp as well.

We'll not match, but that's okay. I'm taking the goth/punk route; my son did it the past couple years so we have all the black makeup, bondage-type jewelry, and hair dye here; I've got a dark green and navy mini I never wear and can dye black, and a black shirt and ankle boots; just picked up some lace gloves and some non-piercing jewelry and I may grab a lace or tulle petticoat and (if I dare) fishnets. I have tights, regardless. I'm excited. I haven't dressed up in years, other than kitty ears and drawn-on whiskers!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

I must say that a mini skirt and fishnets beats kitty ears and drawn on whiskers every time
Old 10-26-2011, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I must say that a mini skirt and fishnets beats kitty ears and drawn on whiskers every time
Now if you were to combine the kitty ears, black tail and fishnets...
Old 10-26-2011, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

I know that I've been slacking on my birthday wishes lately and this may be a little late. I flew in my evil twin, Mark, I was going to make a YouTube video but he's a little camera shy. It was all I could do to get him to pose for a picture.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.