Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11 >

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Old 10-25-2011, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn What are your five forbidden foods bread, butter and…?

Rubypeanut Good goal day. Enjoy your camera I also leave our camera home allot (just in case) seems kind of silly we saved to have a good camera and I take less pictures then before.

Mike Nice comeback with the veggies today but can you do it 2 days in a row.

Joanna Nice goal day.

Cassie Awesome willpower I love frozen yogurt and if I had a coupon I don’t think I could have done it.

Mhibdon Sorry to hear you feel crappy today, I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Northactress Cleaning is good exercise, if you log it in activities it works out to; cleaning general 30 min=84 cal burned walking 30 min=93 cal burned so way better than sitting around and you get to enjoy a clean house.

Wow Lots of great goals achieved today looks like the funk may be lifting.
Have a great night.

Goals
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk, T=Treadmill
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Half, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1191, T=1175
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -955, T= -977
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=N, T=Y
Old 10-25-2011, 06:40 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday report

Adding a vitamin goal, discovered they are about to expire, I HAVE to take them everyday.

1. No day over 1200 cal. 1105
2. Exercise 3 times. Yes
3. Drink 3 L of water. Yes
4. Focus on one day at a time. Pretty much
5. Report everyday. Yes
6. Take vitamin. Yes
Old 10-25-2011, 06:41 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn, excellent day, even if your carbs were high.

Amy, birthday calories don't count, oh those truffles.... sounds like you have had a nice day.

Rubypeanut, hope your cold clears up, good going on your goals and waterproof camera.

Mike, did you call me a hen?

Cassie, good for you for staying strong on the froyo!

Mhibdon, the partycat looks intense! Take it easy, looks like you still need some rest.

Nottheactress, good going on your goals. Cleaning is a good workout, hope tomorrow is actually a breeze for you.

Darlene, lots of green! Hope you are feeling better.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:51 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card (Warning, this is not pretty, the eyes of small children should be covered)

Health & Fitness goals:

1. Calories 1,400 M-W-Th-Sun, 1,600 T-F-Sat. 2,343, 3,046
2. Drink 100 oz of water. 75, 50
3. Calorie deficit of 5,000 for the week. -165, +324 (total -159)
4. Exercise 7 hours. 60 min, 85 min (total 2:25)
5. Protein 25% or higher 16%, 14%
6. Log everything. Y,Y
7. Report here on the motivational thread everyday. Y,Y
8. 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 squats, 15 sets of calf raises. 0-0-0-0, 25-25-40-0 (total 25-25-40-0)

Other Stuff:

1. Housework 30 mins + 1 load of laundry. YY, YY
2. Get coupon binder sorted out. N,N
3. Plan yearly 4-H calendar, and work on project for Nov. N,N
4. Call Grans and Clayton. N,N
5. Get Halloween costumes done!!! 1 petticoat finished! Worked on second petticoat, a tiny bit.
6. Deal with outside flower pots. N,N
7. Bake up and freeze the squash. N, I baked up maybe 10-12 of the squash.

Yesterday was my birthday, so my plan was to eat a sensible breakfast and lunch and then to eat whatever I darn well pleased. It was a good plan and I stuck to it. This morning I weigh 1.2lbs more than yesterday, but a girl's gotta do a little living every now and then.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Damn, you too? Sheesh. I've already had 2 servings of veggies and 1 fruit. I'll drink a V8 later, that'll put me at 5 total. To celebrate I just ate a blast. Now go eat some cake. Did your hubby get you the "healthy" carrot cake?
No, he brought home a dozen red roses, 2 bags of Lindor Truffles and a 12 pack of red beer, and he followed it up by making dinner; a couple of frozen pizzas and some tortilla chips (not terribly romantic but all my favorite brands/flavors). The only healthy thing about dinner last night was that it ended. I probably would have been better off health-wise if I had eaten the flowers and just smelled the pizza. In truth he wanted to take us all out to dinner but eldest DD had a poster/book report thing due today and a paper on Native Americans due on Thursday that she hadn't started.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
We take our motivation where we can get it! Whatever works, I say.
I agree, the weeks before we visit the in-laws I'm stellar. Can't explain why, one SIL is twice my size, the other is about half. So it doesn't matter what I weigh, anything between 305 and 95 and I'm walking the middle of the road there. I guess I just want to be able to rub in the narrow waist and jiggle the boobs at the same time, and let them eat their hearts out. LOL, yes I'm evil like that.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-26-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with the competition motivator. I have a nurses reunion (45 years) next year and my goal is to look better - and younger than the majority. That should keep me on track till next september. 35 pounds more off would find me back at the weight I was then but would likely have me looking old and wrinkled! I'm aiming for 20 more off and a fit, athletic body.

I guess that means I should get out of this funk. Not having much luck doing that this week. The good news is I know what's stressing me and that should be over by end of next week. I'd forgotten how physical the feeling of stress can be. That combined with rain and shortening days is de-motivating me.

Todays plan: Go to Y and work up a sweat at noon.

Stop eating junk, Go grocery shopping

Get Flu shot

Mary
Old 10-26-2011, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Quinn What are your five forbidden foods bread, butter and…?
I had a doctor once tell me that if I eliminated these foods from my diet, I wouldn't have to count calories and it does work, for the most part, until you get close to your goal weight. When each of my kids wanted to lose a few pounds, and had no patience for logging, I told them to post this list on the fridge: Bread, butter, deep-fried, bakery and cheese. Common sense, I know, but it's amazing how easily they creep in a little here and a little there.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I had a doctor once tell me that if I eliminated these foods from my diet, I wouldn't have to count calories and it does work, for the most part, until you get close to your goal weight. When each of my kids wanted to lose a few pounds, and had no patience for logging, I told them to post this list on the fridge: Bread, butter, deep-fried, bakery and cheese. Common sense, I know, but it's amazing how easily they creep in a little here and a little there.
Ahem. I notice that frozen yogurt is not on that list.

However, I think I need my own personalized list. I know I have the food equivalent of "gateway drugs" that I need to avoid when I'm trying to be good. Some are easier than others.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Ahem. I notice that frozen yogurt is not on that list.

However, I think I need my own personalized list. I know I have the food equivalent of "gateway drugs" that I need to avoid when I'm trying to be good. Some are easier than others.
You're right... ice cream, too. It's kind of a beginners way to diet. For example, if you can't have bread, you can't have a burger or a sub. (eliminating a lot of fast food) If you can't have cheese, you can't have a pizza. If you can't have deep-fried fish or chicken, you're left with baked or broiled... that sort of thing.

He gave me a much more detailed list, but this was like the "pocket version".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.