Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-19-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you, everyone! I work at Sam's Club as a cashier and I have to lift a lot of heavy stuff, so that's helping with the weight lose this time. Yeah, being 4'11 and trying to lose weight is hard, especially when you don't like a lot of fruits and veggies or fish and such.

Update for Tuesday

Diet
1. Log everything Yes
2. Take vitamins, fiber, and calcium No
3. Try to lose 2 pounds Lost a pound so far
4. Go for a walk at least once Not yet
5. Do some crunches and weight lifting this week. Not yet

Non Diet
6. Clean the front room Started on it
7. Try to get an answer from work on request time off for Jan. No answer yet
8. Start Christmas shopping Nope
9. Do well at Trivia tonight. We got third place and we won a round

Last edited by ChibiSub; 10-19-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, everyone.
I was lead to this thread, and giving it a try--seems like a phenomenal idea to just take it a week at a time.

My goal is to lose 20 lbs. by January 18 (my 24th birthday).
Starting weight: 157.4
Current weight: 155.0
Female, 5'8"

Breakfast: oatmeal (150 cal), 3/4c unsweetened soy milk (60 cal), 1 cup frozen mixed berries (70 cal), 1/4 cup soy flour (80 cal, my attempt to get some protein...), decaf pumpkin tea (0 cal), 1/2 tsp concentrated Stevia (16 cal) = 376 cal
Snack: Banana (110 cal)
Lunch: Veggie Lasagna (470)
Snack: Carrots (35) and hummus (60) and 5 cashews (50)
Dinner: Veggie Lasagna (470) --Yes, again. I have little time to cook and make things in big batches--8 servings! But the good thing is, I am not nearly sick of it yet. Creamy tofu as cheese and lots of hearty veggies like zucchini, mushrooms, and spinach are keepin' me happy.
Day 1 Calories: 1571 (I wonder if this is low enough??)****
Day 1 Workout: P90X Kempo
Old 10-19-2011, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

Morning Everyone!

So far I've been doing good with the food part. Keeping my calories within the range of 1500. The gym has not happened though this week. It's very hard to schedule it in sometimes when I have work full time during the day and grad school at night... Tonight for sure though!!!!

Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator

Hi LuckyGirl, it's good to see you back. I remember you from "way back when." Hope all goes well and that you can get to the gym tonight. You'll feel so good when you do!

Tonja, you fell into my favorite trap...getting too hungry, then not making the best choices. That one eats my lunch so bad (pun intended) that I absolutely positively have to plan now. Way too many days have turned bad for that very reason, so get yourself a plan and some emergency healthy snacks to stash.

Terri, I love the pic! Thanks so much for posting. You truly did rock the dress and the hair . I'm glad you had such an awesome time.

Amy, for some reason your post made me lol this morning. Enjoy your leg of meat, and stay the course today. You know you can.

JennyKam, welcome, sounds like you're off to a great start. As for whether your calories are low enough, look at your activities log to see how much you burn in a day and then at your food log to see how much you eat in a day. If there's a 500 cal difference a day, that's about a pound a week. A 1000 cal difference (burned minus eaten), that's two pounds, and so on.

Chibisub, I feel for ya. I have long campaigned against the injustice of shorter people being able to eat less (especially compared to Quinn's supertall husband and the like) than normal-sized folks, but I've still got 3 inches on you, so I can't imagine how tough it is. I know you'll find a way to make the foods you like work, with practice and creativity.

mhibdon, I love your dog. And I love that you fit a 6! Congrats, girl!

Joanna, your goals look really good. Good luck with your exam!

Darlene, glad you are in recovery from the pain at the gym. Keep up the good work!

Quinn, glad you had such a nice relaxing day yesterday. Hope the weather and the schedule clears for you soon so you can get out to hike. I have turned into a complete junkie. My husband asked me for birthday suggestions and I told him hiking socks, a hydration pack, and a scarf, and he said, "Sure, but you have to promise to wear them to bed one night with nothing else." Yep, this is what I live with . Anyway, the current thing I'm working on is taking my time; I tend to go pretty quickly because that's how I'm programmed to exercise, but then I get so busy watching my feet on the path and the rocks that I don't see what's going on around me, so I still need practice.

Mike, you workin' on your video?

Well, I just found out one eval canceled today and the other client is in the hospital, so I have a "catch up" day to enjoy. It's disgusting weather and it couldn't have happened at a better time.

Missed my check in last night, so here it is:

1. Calories no more than 1300. 681, 1279
2. Exercise 7 times. Hike, Cardio Tennis & Weights
3. Sleep 7 hours a night. Ha ha ha NO-5.5, 7
4. Drink 3 blue bottles of water. Yes, Yes
5. Balance pie chart (and fats and fiber). Yes, Yes
6. Do shoulder exercises every day. Yes, No
7. Take vitamins, calcium, and fish oil. Yes, Forgot calcium

8. Call and schedule annual (Mike, they give me my mammo referral there). No
9. Call and schedule dentals. No
10. Call oral surgeon and schedule extraction for the boy. No
Old 10-19-2011, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, I'm about to.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

OK I'm in.
Goals:
1) drink 8 glasses of H2O daily : 6, 6
2) join new gym: M&T: not yet!!!! today maybe???
3) stretch: N, N
4) no or low sugar: Yes, alittle an it made me feel yucky
5) write 1 hour 4x a week (low balling it just to get back): class both days
6) call Armand: N
7) stop obsessing over colleges for DD: M&T a bit not too much
8) get new sneakers: N, N

I could not keep up with all the posts but I'll just say this: I did not define chai (sorry!) I don't know that I could. I am writing a family memoir. Fibro has been a challenge. Rose I am glad to hear you met someone cool cuz you sound so lovely yourself. And plucking one's legs just sounds like cruel and unusual punishment but I am all for having Mike wax his legs. And maybe eyebrows? Just saying.

Awesome pic, Terri! You guys look so good!!! Love the dress.

Last edited by canary52; 10-19-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Darlene,

I'm sorry... you asked what I'm reading. Currently, I'm reading The Diary of Petr Ginz 1941-1942. Similar to The Diary of Anne Frank, but set in Prague. I just finished The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, which was seriously one of the best books that I have ever read... and I've read a lot. It's similar to Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom.

I'm kind of a schizophrenic reader... . I'll jump from historical accounts to Stephen King. Since high school, I've read close to all of Stephen King's work, my favorite being Thinner...kind of ironic on a weight-loss thread!

Terri,

You look beautiful and happy... nice to be surrounded by handsome men!

Mike,

I'm so messed up with my water supply. They found coliform in our town's water supply and are shocking it with huge amounts of chlorine and it's really messing with my head! I'm a coffee junkie (decaf)... ruined. My Crystal Light (in mass quantities) ruined. I'm so frustrated. They said to put pitchers of water on the counter for a few hours and the chlorine would dissipate, but I can still taste it. I'm hoping it's a short term thing. I'm thinking about buying bottled water for my kitten, though... is that being odd?? LOL

Tonja,

I make a low-fat, no-bake, super easy Chex Mix that I snack on when I want something salty... not for anyone watching their sodium. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Last edited by quinnesec; 10-19-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

"Quinn, My husband asked me for birthday suggestions and I told him hiking socks, a hydration pack, and a scarf, and he said, "Sure, but you have to promise to wear them to bed one night with nothing else." Yep, this is what I live with ."

Trail hiking IS addictive! I'm glad that you're enjoying it. Now, like I've said, I have to get you onto a pair of aluminum snowshoes!

OK, about hubby's request... I will admit to wearing a hoodie to bed to keep my neck warm and I have worn socks (my feet are always cold in the winter.) But, the hydration pack is a whole different animal...
Old 10-19-2011, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

I'm loading the video right now to YouTube. I have to leave shorty for a Chiropractor appt but I should have time to post it. Y'all even get an added bonus!!! Hard nipples, which is nothing unusual for me but it's really noticeable with some shirts. I guess pink is just one of those colors.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

As promised! Susan G Komen goal reached, me wearing pink! - YouTube

You may have noticed in my previous videos that for some reason I raise my right eyebrow when I get in front of the camera. I'm not that weird in real life.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 10-19-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.