FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5469-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-10-17-11-a.html)

quinnesec 10-17-2011 01:53 AM

I'm in!

almeeker,

I hear you on the birthday parties! I have 3 family birthday parties (that I'm in charge of) in 10 days in October. And no, I can't combine them unfortunately. :(

Did OK this weekend, except for a 4 hour binge last night. I guess I ate everything that I had been craving all week, so now I'm ready to dig in again. My local grocery store had peaches for 15 cents a pound :eek:, so I bought a ton and made some pies. What is it about fall and fruit pies, anyway??

Last weeks goals worked really well for me, so I'm not going to change a thing, with the exception of Tuesday which is birthday 3 of 3 (thank goodness!) Having 3 cakes and 2 different kinds of pies in my house in 10 days has been a killer!

Trying to repeat last weeks success:

1. Calories between 1000-1200; LOG EVERYTHING! Allowing for Tuesday to be an exception. (Daughter's 18th birthday)

2. 90 oz. of water a day, no excuses.

3. NO BREAD FOR ONE WEEK, which will force me to eat the things that I should be eating instead.

4. No butter, margarine, spreads... nothing.

5. Take all vitamins and supplements; don't skip the big, nasty ones.

6. Quit making excuses for falling off the wagon, even on weekends. There are no excuses... you've just been lazy and undisciplined.

01gt4.6 10-17-2011 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lizards13 (Post 59638)
Mike. Somewhere i missed the "how to donate to Mike post". Can you tell me again please.

The link is in my 1st post and my video. MAKE SURE TO CLICK THE "Donate to Michael!" BUTTON AND NOT THE "Donate" BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.

Hope, the banana get em everytime.

cjohnson728 10-17-2011 02:17 AM

I'm in as well, and can officially call the weekend a disaster.

Fortunately, unlike Quinn's family, my son and I can share a birthday cake, and do, since we've no family here to help us eat it, I draw the limit at making one. It helps that we have the same favorite cake. Unfortunately, I made said cake Friday night, and it was gone by last night, if that gives you any idea (there are only three of us here) :(:(. Plus on Saturday we went to an orchard as well! I was able to pass on the fried pies, but my husband bought me homemade peanut brittle as a surprise treat, so of course I ate it to avoid hurting his feelings, right? And then it turned into a "oh, what the heck" weekend...even worse.

Mike, thanks for starting the week off for us, and congrats on continuing donations!

Tonja, welcome; glad to have you. There are a few of us who can truly sympathize with you in the process of pursuing your Ph.D. This is a good place to vent all you want, and congrats on taking a step to take care of yourself. I can't imagine doing it with four boys; more power to you, girl! What field are you in?

Darlene, sounds like you are on a great exercise program; I'm sure you'll see results.

Rose, wow, did that time fly, or what? Will you be seeing Chico again soon? Would love to watch that reunion! Thanks for the motivation; looking forward to kicking some butt with you this week.

Lizzie, good to see you; you are correct, staying the same is better than going up. Knock it out this week and I know results will happen for you.

Amy...welcome to the rough weekend club. Dang I wish we had a rewind button. Anyhoo, very nice job on getting the workout under your belt this morning.

Hi Hope, definitely stay on this one, even if not posting goals, just to chat!

Joanna, I hope you have some other nice plans for later in the day on Wed. My son was grouchy last week because he had to take the PSAT on his birthday, but such is life, right?

Ann, congrats on the new job! Sounds like things will be crazy for you, but sometimes it works out better that way and you can get more done. Hope all goes well.

Quinn, hope your weather is conducive to getting outside some this week. Enjoy your family birthdays; check in for moral support ;).

Okay, so I need back to basics today after the abysmal weekend.

1. Calories no more than 1300.
2. Exercise 7 times.
3. Sleep 7 hours a night.
4. Drink 3 blue bottles of water.
5. Balance pie chart (and fats and fiber).
6. Do shoulder exercises every day.
7. Take vitamins, calcium, and fish oil.

8. Call and schedule annual.
9. Call and schedule dentals.
10. Call oral surgeon and schedule extraction for the boy.

Have a great day, everyone! So glad to see it hopping here this morning; I need all the help I can get!

mhibdon 10-17-2011 02:32 AM

Hey sweeties! I'm back! I hope that you're all ready for me! I fell off the wagon after I let life stress get to me, but I maintained and am ready to kick some butt! Once I get over this silly chest-funk that I've got, I'm going to start training for my 5K again!

Daily Goals for 10/17-10/24
1. Drink 3L:
2. Walk Stegosaurus 3 miles:
3: 200 Situps:
4: Take Vitamin:
5: Stretch TWICE:

canary52 10-17-2011 02:56 AM

Quinn, happy b-day to your DD; it is a milestone one!!!

wildbeanerz 10-17-2011 04:21 AM

Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 80oz water daily not just during the week
2. Walk on lunch
3. Exercise Weds-Sun (allow one day off)
4. No stuffing junk in my mouth mindlessly
5. No added salt on my plate
6. Limit one diet soda daily

Life Goals...
1. Fill out new patient forms for dentist for boys
2. Mail ^ dentist forms
3. Fill out insurance forms for boys
4. Mail ^ insurance forms
5. Fold laundry
6. Lotion on feet

Weekend Goals...
1. Clear closet of clothes I no longer wear
2. Plant flower bulbs in bed
3. Move hostas
4. Scoop leaves from pond
5. Regular housework for hubby's work weekend

Wow! That is quite a list for me. I must be feeling pretty ambitious this week. Most of it is stuff that I have to do anyway but I feel better when I have accomplished something and get to mark it off with green! :) This weekend was not spent eating things that I should! I ate a lot of the wrong stuff. Luckily I kept it to meals and only ate two meals a day. Snacks were okay and I ended up down .8 lbs for the week. On top of that I just got the visit from Flo 5 days early. WTH? Last month it was 4 days early. If this pattern persists I'll have to make an appointment. But anyway ... down .8lbs for last week and I will take that and run with it! Anyway this was our anniversary weekend and we went out to eat a few times and I cooked big breakfast for us and he cooked a wonderful dinner so I can't really complain and won't make excuses! :D Let's just say we had some extra exercise in there that probably helped keep the weight from going up ;)

Rose ... How sad you are leaving Europe, but how happy to get back home to your doggy and family! I hope you do dress him up for the parade & post pics of it.

Mike ... I have to say that shrimp in the other post is an ugly looking critter! No wonder I rarely eat seafood. And what is going on with your food scale battery? How awesome is your fundraising! You are the man!!

Cassie ... That is cool they are making a movie in your town. They filmed the train scenes in Unstoppable in a town called Tyrone about 30 min from where we live.

[B]Tonja/B] ... Welcome! Glad you could join us! Looks like a nice set of goals for your first time.

Lizzie ... I was going to ask too...what is a TOIL day?

Amy ... A birthday at an orchard? OMG! :eek: No more needs to be said!

Hope ... Welcome back.

Ann ... Welcome back to you too! Glad to hear you are getting everything in line to start your new job.

Joanna ... When you travel to WV will you be going down I99 through Altoona? That is where I work. It is a beautiful time of year for any travelling in this area. Those hills probably are killer when you aren't used to running on them. One day I may try running but I do like walking and uphill is great so long as the trip home is downhill.

mhibdon ... I don't remember meeting you before but welcome back. Sounds like you didn't go too far off track.

01gt4.6 10-17-2011 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 59684)
Mike ... I have to say that shrimp in the other post is an ugly looking critter! No wonder I rarely eat seafood. And what is going on with your food scale battery? How awesome is your fundraising! You are the man!!

mhibdon ... I don't remember meeting you before but welcome back. Sounds like you didn't go too far off track.

Shrimp >*
I need to get the battery ASAP, maybe I can do that today. The fundraising is going great, not so much b/c of me but all the generous people out there.

mhibdon is cool peeps. She even takes my harrassing/tough love in stride with the best of them. I'm glad she's back.

almeeker 10-17-2011 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 59665)
I hear you on the birthday parties! I have 3 family birthday parties (that I'm in charge of) in 10 days in October. And no, I can't combine them unfortunately. :(

Did OK this weekend, except for a 4 hour binge last night. I guess I ate everything that I had been craving all week, so now I'm ready to dig in again. My local grocery store had peaches for 15 cents a pound :eek:, so I bought a ton and made some pies. What is it about fall and fruit pies, anyway??

We also have 3-4 birthday's in our family in October, even worse yet one of them is mine, and I tend to let the celebrations go on for a week or so. Thankfully I don't have to plan them and keep pie, cake and ice cream in the house. I'm okay with cake, but PIE and ICE CREAM!!! OMG danger territory. I don't think fall danger is limited to fruit pies, it's cooking in general. All summer long it's too hot to turn on the stove or oven, but now that's it's cooler I live for an excuse to warm up the kitchen.

Congrats on the peaches, sounds fantastic. We get them here for $14/bushel in August when the season is in full swing. I have no idea how many pounds are in a bushel of peaches, but it's a lot.

And how is it that you can have a 4 hour binge and still call the weekend "OK"? You are clearly a far better woman than I. In like 23 minutes flat I could undue a whole month of perfect behavior, and that would include washing the drool and chocolate off my hands and face afterward. Joey Chesnutt's got nothin' on me.

almeeker 10-17-2011 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 59691)
Shrimp >*
I need to get the battery ASAP, maybe I can do that today. The fundraising is going great, not so much b/c of me but all the generous people out there.

mhibdon is cool peeps. She even takes my harrassing/tough love in stride with the best of them. I'm glad she's back.

When the battery in my scale dies I tape the old one to my wallet, so when I'm at the store I have to look at it before I can pay, works every time. My scale thankfully holds 2, the one that it's using and a backup, so I almost never have to go without my scale.

I'll second the welcome back to mhibdon. Hey, woman how's it going?

almeeker 10-17-2011 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 59684)
Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 80oz water daily not just during the week
2. Walk on lunch
3. Exercise Weds-Sun (allow one day off)
4. No stuffing junk in my mouth mindlessly
5. No added salt on my plate
6. Limit one diet soda daily

Life Goals...
1. Fill out new patient forms for dentist for boys
2. Mail ^ dentist forms
3. Fill out insurance forms for boys
4. Mail ^ insurance forms
5. Fold laundry
6. Lotion on feet

Weekend Goals...
1. Clear closet of clothes I no longer wear
2. Plant flower bulbs in bed
3. Move hostas
4. Scoop leaves from pond
5. Regular housework for hubby's work weekend

That is quite a list woman, wow got tired just reading it! Speaking of tired, it's time to put the little one down for a nap. Gotta get going I guess.