Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-19-2011, 05:29 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Oh and pink is so not my color.
Sorry dude, even a lurker has to weigh in here - you look fabulous in pink. I do not know what the problem is, it is only red and white mixed together .

BTW outstanding job on the fund raising. I have already contributed to a bunch of local drives, but if you had gotten any closer the to $3000 mark, believe me, I would have pawn my jewelry to see you in a pink skirt with shaved legs .
Old 10-19-2011, 05:56 PM
FitDay Member

Check-in:

1.) Stay under 1400 calories/day:1225/1367/1404
2.) Keep track of water intake: 64 oz/66 oz/56 oz
3.) Keep protein above 25%: 25%/25%/21%
4.) Exercise 3 times: 1
5.) Study for Astro 501 exam!: Done as much as I care to - the exam was sooo bad.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes! I had fun at karaoke tonight for sure! My exam today was just awful, but in the sort of way that you can only laugh at how ridiculous it was. It's rare that I come up that empty handed on a test, but it happens. Little low on water and protein today, but not worried.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:39 PM
FitDay Member

so prettty
Old 10-19-2011, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Almeeker: The human body is covered in hair, some are just smaller/finer than others. A prime example of this would be the face- there are tiny hairs covering the entire face, but only in certain parts does the hair grown thicker and/or a different color, such as the eyebrows. I hear you about the running shorts!! I always have to double bag it and wear compression shorts underneath my running shorts!
Last spring I found these really neat running shorts, they have a liner and then a much looser outer layers so can just throw those on and not have to dig through the dresser for a pair of compression shorts. But they are pretty darn short anyway. I guess the industry figures if you need running shorts, you've got nothing to hide. IDK.

I agree that most people do have hair all over but it varies in color and texture, however my mother actually has a skin condition, can't remember the name of it, but basically she only has about 1/3 the pours of a normal person, which is apparently due in part to her ancestry. I inherited that to a somewhat lesser degree, which as a woman is great, but my brothers feel differently about it. They would really like to be able to grow the occasional hockey season goatee, but all they can manage are a few pig hairs on their chinny chin chins. It's really good humor for the rest of us, especially since the Red Wings usually make the playoffs.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Thanks again for the birthday wishes! I had fun at karaoke tonight for sure! My exam today was just awful, but in the sort of way that you can only laugh at how ridiculous it was. It's rare that I come up that empty handed on a test, but it happens. Little low on water and protein today, but not worried.
Sorry the exam was such a PITA. You have the right attitude, it's over and best case senario a bad joke. I remember a couple of professors in particular that rejoiced in writing really tough exams, sadists every last one of them. I always felt that they wrote the exams trying to separate the pure genius students from the ones that actually had to rely on studying and whit to get through college. Unfortunately for me, I'm only 1/2 way into that second category.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) drink 8 glasses of H2O daily : 6, 6, 7
2) join new gym: M&T: not yet!!!! today maybe??? got free passes for family for 1 week and I will join
3) stretch: N, N, N
4) no or low sugar: Yes, alittle an it made me feel yucky, Y but too many carbs, too much food
5) write 1 hour 4x a week (low balling it just to get back): class both days, some writing
6) call Armand: N, N, N
7) stop obsessing over colleges for DD: M&T a bit not too much, helped her with stuff
8) get new sneakers: N, N, N

Mhibdon sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better!!! Love that comment on the cough syrup which proves your sense of humor is still healthy!

Joanna happy birthday again! Sorry about the exam but it's over and hopefully you did better than you thought.

Cassie and Quinn you had me cracking up over the discussion of gear worn to bed.

Mike speaking of gear, pink IS your color. You are truly Pretty in Pink (an 80s reference) whatever the shade. Tho I must say the hot pink is good with your coloring. Now where are those little pink running shorts... you may have to shave for them!

Last edited by canary52; 10-20-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

My sister apparently missed some pics when she sent them - including most of my pictures of the bride! You can't very well post wedding pictures without a picture of the bride!! Here's one of the three of us (me, groom, bride) that came out great! Her dress was AWESOME. Very simple yet stunning on her.

I will check in and reply more later, getting ready for work at the moment!

And Mike - I was blushing because I'm not very used to the spotlight, so having a video made just for lil' ol' me is a foreign concept I really appreciate it, though. I was just teasing that you forgot me but you're such a sweetie to make another video!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Mike. Thanks for the name check, it was a privilege to contribute. Better to be in the pink than blue with the cold, as I am here at the moment.

Terri another lovely shot of you, ( bride looked pretty good too).

Mern I admire how you triumphed over your early years and became the wonderful person you are now. Listening to your comments and advice it is hard to believe that you did not grow up in a stable and loving family environment like the one that you have built for your own children and grandchildren. None of us are perfect and we all make mistakes but some of us don't even have good role models to help us out. My own childhood was fairly normal for those days, a dad who worked hard outside the home, didn't help much inside, not very demonstrative but not overly harsh either. My mum worked hard too, gave us a lovely home, nice clothes, good food and was always there for us. I know I was quite rebellious and gave them some heartaches through the teenage years but I hope I have made up for it over time. My Dad passed away some years ago and i wished that I had tried harder to get closer to him, he wasn't a bad father, he just didn't seem to know how to show his feelings, how to tell us he loved us or was proud of us but when I had to sort out his things I found lots of mementoes of our graduations or notices of achievements and photos which he had obviously carried around with him. Sorry to be maudlin but my mum and I had been chatting about when she was just married and how my dad had given up smoking and drinking to save for furniture for their new house and it brought back memories of how well I was looked after and how lucky I was, even if I didn't realise it at the time.
I'm in work, it's lunchtime and I had some tuna with beans, just a tiny can. Soon I'm off to do my 30 mins, that should warm me up.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Quinn My friend is reading the same book that you are, she is really enjoying it. My favourite Stephen King book is the Talisman he co-wrote it with Peter Straub. I also like to read different styles of books but I am not too big on books that make me sad such as the one you are reading, I read the autobiography The Pianist last spring and it still makes me sad when I think about his life. The The Last Lecture sounds inspiring thanks for the tip.
lol I'm the same way with movies... I absolutely refuse to pay $10.00 to cry.

I was given a Stephen King book recently, co-written with Peter Straub called Black House. Have you read it? That will probably be my next read. Our local library had a book sale last weekend and sold a room full of hardcovers for 25 cents each. My husband and I both bought an armful, which is unfortunate since we just donated about 40 books to Goodwill the week before while doing fall cleaning.

Definitely read The Last Lecture. You'll love it.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Has anyone besides me noticed that Terri and the groom look like brother and sister?? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.