Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

doing great Quinn, I hope you get your water situation straight.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Mike, how would you rather pluck than wax? I support mhdibon on this one, I love waxing my legs, maybe I am not very sensitive but to me it really doesn't hurt. Anyway congrats on reaching your first goal and great you found a tshirt.
Thanks, I'm hairy like a monkey, once in a while I have to wax my back. It's like a rug and it hurts like hell! It's probably not like a rug but to me it's insane. I went in for a consultation for electrolysis and they told me not to waste my money... but waxing sucks.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Y'all can show up for dinner (with your soup spoons) at 5:30PM. LOL

Amy, where I live Brazilian means completely bald down there whereas bikini wax means just shoring up the edges like in trimming sideburns around the face. Well, that's as delicate as I could think of... Is bikini wax completely bald in your part of the country? I'm not poking fun--In Ohio pot luck means everyone bringing a covered dish of food to share to a buffet style meal whereas to my cousins in Oklahoma pot luck means the cook/s hosting meal haven't yet decided what will be served. I didn't know that until I was the only one showing up at a family reunion bringing food. LOL

Quinn, thanks for your kind words. My daughter and I butted heads many times when she was a teenager and we often joke about neither of us thought we'd make it through those years. LOL Amazing how kids in the same family with the same parents, children at the same time can be so different from one another. You'd think my 16 and 17 year old granddaughters were reared on different planets with completely opposite values, likes and dislikes, aspirations, etc. But I've seen proof that kids who seemed virtually hopeless can turn out to be fantastic, responsible adults.

Cassie, that's so cool to be taught laundry in high school as college prep! I also think it should be mandatory for every high school student to learn about credit cards, bank accounts, loans, and balancing a checkbook.

Mike, you're such a good sport. The pink v neck should work just fine.
I'm unclear about the various aspects of a "bikini", but I think you can get "full" or "partial"? And I kid you not, there was a sign in an Orlando salon advertising a "mouse ear bikini wax". Makes you wonder doesn't it? Those folks will carve mouse ears into darn near anything and charge you double for the effort.

Anyway I did not know that about the term "potluck", never been to OK, but now I want to visit and get myself invited to a potluck supper. I do know that in Iowa "Sloppy Joes" are called "Made-rites" only the taste is off because they put brown sugar and flour in them.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-18-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

As promised - here's probably my favorite picture of the whole night from the wedding, me standing between my two favorite men in the whole universe. Who, by the way, have the same birthday!! If you meet a guy born on July 24th, he's probably a good egg!

From left: BF, then me, then my best friend (the groom, with glasses)

Old 10-18-2011, 01:54 PM
FitDay Member

Very nice!!! Thanks for the picture, that hair was worth the wait. So tell me again about the salon experience... JK, I can go back and look at your old post. I sooooo need to get out and get my hair done, but alas swim club sign up is tomorrow and cha-ching $165 bucks out the door, so I will continue to rock the "Mrs. Alligator Hunter" look for a while longer.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

For today:

1.) Stay under 1400 calories/day:1225/1367
2.) Keep track of water intake: 64 oz/66 oz
3.) Keep protein above 25%: 25%/25%
4.) Exercise 3 times: 1
5.) Study for Astro 501 exam!: Done as much as I care to.

Had to strive to get my protein percentage up due to some unexpected OJ issues. Yay for 0% Greek yogurt! It's the only quick and easy protein thing I can think of that doesn't also contain fat.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

Daily Goals for 10/17-10/24
1. Drink 3L: Yes, No
2. Walk Stegosaurus 3 miles: Yes, 2
3: 200 Situps: Yes, 100
4: Take Vitamin: Yes, Yes
5: Stretch TWICE: Yes, Yes

Okay, so I had today all planned out… and then life happened. I am so sick of being sick! Urgh! I am having to run off 5 hours of touch-and-go sleep and that does not make a very happy undergrad! Went shopping today though!!! I know that Express uses vanity sizing, but hey- I FIT INTO A SIZE 6 SKIRT!!! Hellz yeah! If I keep losing & working on my toning then I’ll be a sexi(er) mothatrucker by the time my sorority’s & fraternity’s semi-formals roll around!!

I might not have made my goal of drinking 3L of water, but I sure did drink around 20 cups of hot tea, so that has to count for something, right?

Boom! Guess who just spent an hour catching up and typing replies?! THIS KID!!

Mern: Thanks for the compliments! Steg is my pride & joy! He keeps on a regular schedule instead of living at the library! Nothing wrong with a bullheaded grandmother! Heaven help you when she’s bigger than you though!

Mike: I’m sure Mytsie would! Steg is such a beta that most anyone could roll him, unless you’re a nervous man- then you’re dinner. The extension cord was to a much needed fan- don’t worry so much, I’m a good dog-mom :P Did you know that they now do Brazilians on men?! You should sooo do a tri! Think of it as a new fitness challenge!! One of my long-term goals is to complete an Ironman by my 30th birthday! Watch out for blood sugar crashes! I would recommend keeping a baggie of nuts in your pocket! Oh! Now you can have TWO pink shirts!! As far as waxing goes- there is a prime time in between when your hair is too short and too long to wax. The longer the hair, the more painful it is. Perhaps you just need to shave your back first, then have it waxed 2-4 weeks later? For me, because I have so much testosterone, I can shave Monday, and then get waxed the next Monday.

ChibiSub: Way to get a job!!!! Coming back may not be easy, but it is the right thing

Terri: Oh I talk too much too! This’ll be fun! Dancing in the club in heels all summer is how I lost and then maintained my weight. Not gonna lie- my calves are pretty sick! Maybe you could take to finding friends who like to throw house parties with food and go and dance there while they provide your dinner? (This is how a lot of college students get by when money & food are tight) OH YOU’RE GORGEOUS!!!!!

Almeeker: A bikini wax is when they wax the parts that would show when you’re wearing a bikini, a Brazilian is when they wax the parts that would show when you aren’t. :P

Cassie: Is he going to get a grade in that course?! I am so jealous! I’ll trade him my Neurobiology or Laundry ANY day!

Main80: Don’t get down on yourself! You have 6 other days to turn over a new leaf and accomplish your goals! Haha, Steg actually probably dislikes our walks! He likes to walk in front of me to slow me down, and then when we’re jogging he is as far behind me as possible! Today I had to cut our walk short because the poor boy was almost licking the ground his tongue was out so far!

Last edited by mhibdon; 10-18-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:23 PM
FitDay Member

Main80 The calf injury was from doing butt kicks in the cardio station during circuit training I don’t really know what happened I put my foot down and pain seized up my calf, it hurt all weekend but it’s almost better thanks for asking.

Amy Nice day for your goals. Thanks for letting me know about the ketchup if you can let me know when you get a chance what the measurements are for the spices that would be great. Your kid’s costumes sound awesome it’s impressive that you make them all by hand.

Terri Your picture is great you look very happy.

Have a nice night everyone.

Goals
Do not talk diet with family: M=Y, T=Y
Exercise daily: M=Circuit training, T= Circuit training
Squats daily: M=Y, T=Y
Ab work daily: M=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M= 1372, T=1282
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-854, T= -737
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=Y, T=N
Old 10-18-2011, 11:16 PM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone,

I have to confess that yesterday was an epic fail as far as sticking to my goals goes.

2 bottles of water - nope, just one
walking track - again, no - After work I had to go buy my ten-year-old some jeans because (Texas being the state it is), the temperature dropped from 90 to 40 in a two-day span. No excuse for not doing my exercise video though

log food - don't want that on record

OK, here's the deal. I was so busy at work yesterday that I didn't even take time to go stick my Healthy Choice frozen dinner in the microwave. So...chex mix for lunch. By the time I got home I was starving and there was pizza on the countertop. And, yes, there were still brownies there, and, yes, I had one. This tells me that I have GOT to make time for lunch. When I eat lunch I don't come home and eat whatever the guys had. (They are all in great shape by the way...) I WILL do better today!

Terri - what a beautiful picture of you and your guys. I noticed that we have the same goal. You're closer to it than I am, but, hopefully, I'll be where you are now in a couple of months. I'm also 5'4".

Mike - the Race for the Cure was awesome, and so was the turnout. I was right about in the middle, and there were walkers as far as I could see ahead of me and behind. I never heard official numbers, but I know that it was in the thousands. I've actually thought that I might make doing 5Ks a hobby.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! I have an article due at midnight tonight, so I may not be back until morning.

Last edited by 4_boys_mom; 10-18-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Morning everybody. I'm off to a rough start, last night I laid down to go to sleep and couldn't. I'm not sure why, didn't have any extra caffeine or suspect herbal tea after 1:00pm yesterday, but I flat out could not fall asleep. Which is a big problem for me, because I ate dinner at 5:30 so by midnight I was ravenous. Ended up having to make a snack for myself, but I kept the calories to about 300 and have eaten a lighter than usual breakfast, have a light lunch planned and I should be right back on target by this afternoon. Which is a very good thing because I have a leg of lamb and sweet potatoes all rubbed down and ready to hop in the oven while we're at soccer practice. Only we don't call it "leg of lamb", our youngest DD has requested we call it "leg of meat". The idea of eating lamb makes her sad. Of course she pours ketchup on it which makes me sad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.