Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11

Old 10-09-2011, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11

Good morning, I'll be back later with goals. I had this all typed out and then click click it was gone.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! Goals are as usual:

1.) Under 1550 calories/day
2.) Water!
3.) Exercise 3 times
4.) More protein!
5.) Finish Astro 502 HW by Wed.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, everyone; I've missed you all!

No time for long explanations, but I've been crazy busy since starting my other practice. As I feared, my practice on this side of town also picked up and now I'm juggling both, in addition to the usual fall projects, kid tournaments, and everyday stuff. It's been good, bad, and ugly, but I need to recommit to being here.

The good:
*The food. I've been in control for all but three days over the past three weeks, and I'm at the lower end of my comfort weight (not sure how).
*The exercise. I've made it a point to make it a priority and I've only had about 3-4 days off in the past 3 weeks.

The Bad:
*The sleep. Up waaaaay too late writing reports.
*The water. Honestly don't want to take the time to visit the bathroom .
*The vitamins and supplements. Just not taking them.
*Down time...need to find some to preserve my sanity.

I have a physical on Friday so I'm hoping to have a tight week. Goals:

1. Balance calories and activity level.
2. Make good choices for the calories.
3. Sleep 7 hours a night.
4. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily.
5. Take vitamins, fish oil, and calcium daily.
6. Plan relaxation for the weekend (worked the past three).
7. Check in here daily!

I hope everyone's been doing well! Looking forward to starting a new week with y'all!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Gals, I'm in

I hope our Canadians in the thread enjoyed their turkey weekend as much as I did Since me and my brother didn't get there at the same time my parents opted to do two smaller turkeys this weekend so I have about 2/3's of a 13 pound turkey worth of leftovers, eating right this week shouldn't be too hard with lots of turkey soup and pot pie.

I actually survived the weekend with minimal splurging, despite my mother handing me a slice of cheesecake the second I walked in the door on Friday. And good news on the sugar front, both me and the boyfriend tested our sugar levels (both have family history of diabetes) and we were both at 5.3.

My dad is doing well, I only had to yell at him 3-4 times for twisting and bending. He just had surgery to replace his hip, and I know him he's so very stubborn.

This week is going to be a big challenge for me mentally, we've taken on my boyfriend's sister's dog while she sorts out a new place to live, I've never had a dog before and I'm worried about how my cat is taking it (she bit my leg this morning for no reason). My boyfriend says he's ready for a dog, we'll see how he does and how confident I am for him getting one of his own over the next few months.

Anyways, On to Goals:
Health:
  • Take dog to the park at least twice this week:
  • Calories Limit to 1700:
  • Don't Snack after 9:00 PM:
Other:
  • Write 2 Blog Posts:
  • Measure the Kitchen!:
  • Organize Office:

I also will try my best to keep up with this thread this week, I feel bad when I'm zooming through my day, I missed the post about someone getting engaged, and it's no fair for me to leech support and motivation without providing some in return!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, Cassie, I'm so glad to see you back! Missed you so, so much! Amazing you could do so well on your diet and exercise with things being so hectic with your work. So sorry 'bout your lack of sleep again.

I didn't get to read all the posts last week and it's doubtful I will be able to catch up, so if anyone had a question or comment for me and expected a response, please let me know and I'll try to address it.

Amy, I did catch your kind words about my adjusting my food list on days I cheat early in the day--to try to come in as good as possible at the end of the day. Had to laugh that you remembered the collard greens and cinnamon. But don't hold me up as your idol! I did manage a large but controlled cheat on Saturday when DH and I went to two fall festivals. Packed and ate my low carb picnic, but later we stopped at a pub and the second festival and had a lite beer (that was OK) and shared an order of Pub Fries--NOT AT ALL OK. They were a huge plate of French fries with sour cream, melted cheese, chives, and just a teeny bit of crumbled bacon. So that was the "controlled cheat." But then I TOTALLY BLEW Sunday.

I'll post all my goals tomorrow with my Monday report, but my top two priorities this week are to totally avoid processed meats (had a lot of ham steak last week with those blasted sodium nitrates that have me retaining a bunch of water) and to get in 2 miles of walking fives days per week. Only got on four days last week.

Last edited by Mern; 10-10-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning, All!

Had a 3-day crash and burn. More than ready to clean up my act... Besides, I ate everything; there's nothing left. I'm thinking about buying a pretty form-fitting, black sweater dress for Christmas parties that I've had my eye on, but didn't want to shell out the cash. If I buy it, it may force me to keep my weight down.

Welcome back, Cassie! Nice to see you. Glad you were just busy and nothing else.

Goals for the week... with a little bit of punishment mixed in:

1. Calories between 1000-1200; LOG EVERYTHING, NO EXCUSES!

2. 90 oz. of water a day, no excuses.

3. NO BREAD FOR ONE WEEK, which will force me to eat the things that I should be eating instead.

4. No butter, margarine, spreads... nothing.

5. Take all vitamins and supplements; don't skip the big, nasty ones.

6. Quit making excuses for falling off the wagon, even on weekends. There are no excuses... you've just been lazy and undisciplined.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys,

Just checking in.

Cassie, so good to hear from you. You must be so busy but you've done so well. Just be sure to take care of yourself and drink that water, honey!

Hey Mern, I've missed you: you kindness, compassion and general loveliness.

Hi Joanna, hi Nailkita, good luck with your goals!

Amy, I look forward to your funny and informative posts! You always have so much to offer. And so much energy.

Hey Quinn. Good to see you on here. I've been slacking like it's my new job. Maybe we can look out for each other!

Right now my goals are:
1) drink lots of water
2) Try to stretch when I can
3) Walk or gym when I can
4) Organize my work
5) Start working on some new stuff
6) Go to Staples to get materials to storyboard
7) get a new pair of sneakers
8) Be kind

Haven't been feeling great so my ultimate goal: Feel better!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

Default My Manic Monday!!

Anyone here that makes a donation today (Monday) I will match it dollar for dollar up to the first $25 per person. So for example it 10 people donate $25 each I'll put up $250 of my money. It doesn't have to be a $25 donation, if you put up $5, I'll put up $5. Whatever you decide. I hate to put a $25 limit on it but I don't want to just leave it open and bite off more than I can chew.

Health & Fitness
1) Eat clean for SEVEN days!!
2) Fix a hot breakfast everyday (pop tart doesn't count)
3) 4 servings of fruit & veggies daily
4) Post up my food & exercise journal daily
5) Lift, Lift, Lift x 3
6) Daily:
Floss
Fish Oil
Multi Vitamin

Non Health & Fitness
7) Snooze button no more than once per day
8) Get battery for food scale
9) Pay State and Federal taxes
10) Put your money where your mouth is Manic Monday
11) Write 4 policies
12) Get 4 donations (If you want to help out or just want to see if I'll put my money where my mouth is, please click on my site!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 10-10-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals
1. 80oz water daily
2. No stuffing junk in my mouth
3. Exercise when hubby leaves for work Weds-Fri
4. Limit to one diet soda daily
5. No added salt on my plate except specific foods

Life Goals
1. Do something outside 3 times this week
2. Cross-stitch project 3 times this week
3. Put lotion on feet nightly

This weekend was just wonderful even though my hubby worked Saturday and went away on Sunday. Saturday I worked out for 50min then I did all my housework (only some laundry) before lunch (3 bathrooms, swept & dusted & mirrors whole house) then had salad with chicken breast on it for lunch with my boys and afterwards went outside and dug up and moved about 10ft of tiger lilies that were 3-4 rows deep. I spread them out to form a triangle shaped area so hubby can avoid mowing there. Next is to bring the hostas and form a line in front of the lilies. Maybe this week. I also spent about an hour with a pool net skimming leaves out of the end of the pond. That is a workout on the lower back and arms. Ran the youngest out to his friends for a sleepover then home to make dinner. Then hubby came home & we relaxed except for a trip to the grocery store.

Sunday...Got up early and made bacon & eggs for the hubby. I myself had 2 eggs, toast and only about 2 strips of bacon. That is a huge acomplishment for me! Hubby went on a ATV ride most of the day but while he was gone my good friend came over and we baked. We made 4 pumpkin rolls from scratch and a 'mix' that created 12 mini halloween gobs (whoopie pies). She brought along a beef stew that simmered on the counter all day smelling the kitchen up. Despite all this food though, I behaved myself. I only licked the spatula from the cream cheese filling like 3 times and they were small licks. Before I would have eaten the remainder of the filling and not even thought about it. Yesterday I smiled as I scooped it into the trash can. Then two times when we went outside so she could smoke I weeded the lengths of my flower beds. So I snuck that little bit of yard work in too!!

So I am very happy to report that even with that food filled day I am down .8 lbs this morning to be 279.8 and that puts me under 280 for the first time since I can't remember when. At least 15 years ago because I weighed more than this when I got pregnant with my 14 year old son.

Amy ... It is sad that there is a need for Fattie Freddie. But I do see the point. Our instructor was a large bellied man as well and he got out of breath doing the demonstrations at times.

Darlene ... How was your son's birthday? I love that he still asked for his cake even though he was spending the weekend away with friends. And what a score on those tomatoes. What did you decide to make with them?

Rose ... Welcome back! I have missed your bubbly personality!! Your mom's gift sounds so pretty and I love that it will have double meaning. That is priceless.

Quinn ... I hear you on the baked goods at the orchard. Where I live we are surrounded by Mennonites and they are the best bakers ever!! And for some reason they are all thin too. Probably because they do so much work that it doesn't matter if they eat that kind of stuff.

Joanna ... There are orchards in PA too! You should take yourself a little road trip and do some exploring. I know you are really busy with school right now but don't forget to explore your new surroundings.

Cassie ... Welcome back! I'm glad to see that you are MIA because you are busy, not because something is wrong. And good for you for being in your comfort zone.

Nailkita ... It is hard to keep up with all the posts here. I honestly take notes while reading so I don't miss who I want to respond to. Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving too! Hard with all that food around.

Mike ... My legs still ache since I did that exercise on Saturday morning. It didn't stop me from yard work and standing all day while we baked either. I refused to sit on my arse every chance I got so i just stayed standing & moving all day.

Almost forgot today my dept is invited to a lunch at a wonderful restaurant with the president of our division, the president of sales & the customer service manager (my boss). I hate eating in front of people and these type of people aren't going to make that any easier. They are all wonderful down to earth people though...not stuffed shirts. But I think I mentioned before that our president is the owner & trainer of a local martial arts studio/gym/self defense classes so he is in excellent shape. I think I am ordering a grilled chicken salad and I have brought my packet of FF Italian dressing to work in case I don't like theirs.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I totally just checked out for the weekend - I made some bad food choices due to being a social butterfly, but I also got a lot of exercise, so I was hoping it would even out. I weighed in at 162.8 this morning, so that is a very small loss from last Monday - I'll take it and run! I know I saw lower than that at one point last week, but that's okay... I was worried I'd see 165 again with all the salt I know I ate!!!

Cassie, lovely to see you back - I'm glad you're busy, but I'm sorry you were SO busy!

I'm leaving on Friday morning for a wedding (my flight is at 5:00 am, wheeee) and I doubt I will be checking in for Friday through the weekend - so here are Monday through Thursday goals.

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals (Monday thru Thursday)

1) Calories averaging between 1,200 and 1,400 - no day over 1,500
2) Exercise 2-3 times
3) 80 oz. of water daily
4) Multivitamin daily
5) Achieve a deficit of 2,000-3,000 calories
6) Weigh on Thursday morning

Other Goals

1) Make an effort on my appearance daily
2) Clean one room a day
3) Take some "time out" for myself daily
4) Call my grandmother

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.