Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11

Old 10-10-2011, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

April, did you do the calf raises or the Bulgarian Split Squats?
Old 10-10-2011, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Mike... The calf raises ... and wearing heels today isn't all that fun either Mostly I feel at the very top of my calves and mostly when I first stand up after I am walking it goes away now.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

OK, posting this and then I must eat brunch (busy morning--didn't get to
breakfast) and then I must exercise before I'm allowed back on this thread.

Quinn, I hope you and I both can walk the straight and narrow path this week!

Hope, aw, ya make me blush. You're so sweet. Right back at ya with that same compliment. I like your simple goals this week. And I sure hope you feel better soon!

Mike, I saw on your Susan G. Komen page that you're doing really great on your fundraising. Congratulations! Get that food scale battery! If you're like me, though, by now you're probably pretty good at eyeballing not just measurements of volume, but also of weight.

April, sounds like a great weekend. Congrats on being down .8 lb! And best wishes on your lunch with the big guy. I know you can do it.

Terri, congrats on being down on the scale again. Nice when you think you made bad choices but your body forgives you because of other stuff you've been doing good. Best wishes on your goals this week and have a great time at the wedding--and heck, enjoy the food!

Last edited by Mern; 10-10-2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

April, wait until you step our your heels and stretch the muscle out! Ouch.

Mern, thanks yeah I'm pretty good at eyeballing it.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Back from lunch. I had a grilled chicken salad. It was so delicious. And I sat NEXT to the big guy! Even got a squeeze from him twice LOL. He works in our division every day so we all know him personally. Not like just some corporate name that comes in once in a while. I thought ahead this morning to bring along a packet of FF Italian from home and good thing that I did...they offer no FF dressings there at all. So I just said no dressing please. And I sat beside the basket of garlic bread sticks (just like Olive Garden ones) and didn't eat one. Even though the boss man kept pushing them my way
Old 10-10-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Goals + Monday check-in

Wow wow wow, look at all the posts! It's really great to hear from all you lovely ladies and Mike. What an awesome bunch of motivated and inspiring individuals, I have the privelage of being connected to on our awesome motivational thread. Today is Canadian thanksgiving and I know what I am thankful for! You all are the BEST!

I am psyched to knock it out of the park this week so I am setting my goals pretty high. I have so much badness to make up for. a whole week of slacking on my goals, not going to the gym and eating whatever I damn well pleased. Tsk tsk.

1. Calories capped at 1200. 1196
2. At least 25% protein. 33%
3. Water: 2-3 litres per day! YES
4. Exercise 6 hours! M: 50 min.
5. Multivitamin & vitamin B daily. YES
6. Achieve a deficit of 7500 calories. 1380
7. Weigh in on Friday (and only Friday!) YES

Amy, thanks for starting us off!

Cassie, yay! Welcome back. As you can see you were really really missed. I'm so glad to hear that you've been busy and that's what kept you away because it looks to me like you did great!

Nailkita, as a Canadian in the UK, I was at work today and had some chicken at lunch but no turkey or stuffing for me I am glad to hear that you survived the weekend with a healthy splurge. Way to go!!! And Happy Thanksgiving! (P.S. Also glad to hear that your dad is doing well!)

Quinn, I am right there with you, Girl. No bread for me either this week! P.S. I would have been totally powerless in the face of all those baked goods too.

Hope, I'm not happy to hear that you haven't been feeling so great lately. I really really hope that you feel better. I don't know if this helps, but just reading your post, I can feel your positive energy and kindness shine through. It's so beautifully worded and you describe everyone so well! You really have a gift, you know.

Go Mike Go!

April, holy moly, just reading your post I was exhausted by all that you accomplished this weekend!!! Did you do get your hands on some speed or something? Wow! Also kudos on being down almost a full pound and reaching such a big milestone! Oh and thanks for welcoming be back and for commenting on my mom's present. I just can't wait to give it to her. She really loves to get presents! She's like a little kid.

Terri, wow the wedding is really right around the corner now! Are you excited? I sure hope we get to see a picture of you in your dress!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 10-10-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

I am THRILLED that my post went through! I have been having so many problems getting on to the site. To all the people who posted to me yesterday, please know that I really really tried to respond and just couldn't so it wasn't for lack of trying! I sure hope that things improve technically!

So ironically, this is my third time trying to post this. I guess it's not working for me very well after all.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Amy Thank you! You now have a special file folder on my desktop it’s called Amy’s help. When making your spaghetti sauce do you also blanch and peel or leave skins on? I was really happy with the price also that’s what caught my eye to begin with. I will tackle my challenge tomorrow it will help burn off the excessive calories I have planned for today.

Cassie Hi glad your back.

Hope Get well soon.

Nailkita Happy Thanksgiving! I am glad to hear you got through your dinners without any splurging. I have got two under my belt so far, today's will be the indulgent one, I am a little excited about turkey and gravy. I hope your dog sitting goes well my cat’s took about 3 days to adjust when my hubby and kids decided to bring the dogs home, now one cat has new best friends the other walks around with a get out of my way attitude and its funny to see two 90lb dogs move on the whim of a 10lb furball I think she likes the power.

April Awesome weekend good for you, yeah on the new weight! My son’s b-day was great I only phoned him once his response “mom if I text you when we get back from the bar you will now I am alive and you can sleep then, I won’t answer if you phone again” fine I waited for his text and went to bed I don’t know how I am going to sleep when he moves out. I have not started on my tomatoes I needed to wait for Amy’s help which I have now so I will tackle them tomorrow. Way to go on ignoring those bread sticks.

Terri Congrats on your low scale number!

Have a great day everyone I am off to eat and probably eat some more I feel so rebellious.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone, we have so much to be thankful for even if it’s not your Thanksgiving I wish you all peace and joy today.

Goals
Do not talk diet with family:
Exercise daily:
Squats daily:
Calories less than 1400 Tues thru Sun:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
Enjoy Thanksgiving dinner:
Use all 25lbs of tomato’s:
Old 10-10-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

I have been overeating so this week I'm focusing on calories in and water. My plan is to keep them below 1500.

Calories In: 1488
Water: Y,

Mary

Last edited by Kumochi; 10-10-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian neighbors!

Thanks Rose, I'm now up to $810!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.