Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3. >

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Community
Notices

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Mike ... I think you raising money for breast cancer is really awesome. As someone who has family history of lumps and mastectomy it means alot to me. I personally have not had any issues but my OB recommends that I start have mamograms at age 35 (next year! )
Congrats on the -50.6 pounds! Thanks, check out the links on my site for early detection. Mern said it's not that bad, so don't be scared.

Ann, you should make brush, rinse and floss several times a day a goal, especially if you continue to eat crap.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! New to the site but looking for motivation and accountability. I fell off the wagon about two months ago, and have, for some reason, allowed myself a free pass to eat as much junk as I could possibly inhale. This weekend was one of those weekends where I just kept eating, and eating, and eating no matter how full I got. I laugh it off some days by telling my husband that I have some kind of illness (in my head) to be stuffing my face when my stomach is completely full.

I realize I don't have a lot to lose but I've been struggling with losing the last 20 pounds for about a year now. I've managed to drop to about 12 lbs above my goal by being totally restrictive, but then always gain it back because I'm obviously not losing it the sensible way. Starting the Abs Diet today, but using it more as a guideline to help keep me in check as far as eating healthy.

My goals for this week: (short and sweet but will add to next week)

1.) Do 30 minutes of cardio Monday and Tuesday (will get automatic cardio Wed-Sat while waiting tables)

2.) Do yoga Wednesday through Saturday

3.) Stay between 1300-1400 calories per day

4.) Take vitamins daily (multi, iron, calcium, B12 and fish oil)

5.) Eat breakfast every day
Old 10-03-2011, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Ooooookay.

I am back in the land of not-working-my-butt-off-every-day this week now that The Beast Experiment From Hell is done, so I should be able to focus more on my goals. Last week was a fail for the larger part of them (especially checking in - I checked OUT this weekend to focus on getting work done), though I managed to keep my food calories well in check. I'm down to 163.2 this morning, that's officially 52 lbs. lost since 1/4/11 -- not too bad!!! I've had a slow and steady loss of a pound-ish per week lately, which is good, especially considering I only got in 1 day of exercise last week, and exercise seems to be becoming as important as food at this point (there's only so many calories you can cut!)

Money is super-crazy-tight this month and BF and I are feeling it on the food front. We've had to get very very creative in the kitchen - and it's worse as we really don't have any freezer space to store food (our tiny apartment freezer is filled with frozen veggies). Between the two of us we literally have $30 in the checking accounts until this Friday, which is payday for both of us. While we do have some meager savings (and of course credit cards), we've been focusing on paying down debts that were racked up during my graduate school phase - largely taken out because he lost his job for months on end during the "Great Recession" and we had to put waaaaay too many things on the credit (because the salary for a graduate student is laughable - and 75% of it went to rent - and both of our cars broke down. 2008 was a bad year). I'm pretty sick of living paycheck to paycheck - it's like any single thing that's an unexpected expense just puts us months behind, and nevermind if we actually want to GO anywhere or DO anything. My best friend's wedding is in a couple of weeks, and the plane tickets are what are killing us right now - we paid for them up-front (rather than credit - which would have put us at least four months behind our paying-off schedule) and it just ate up three paychecks right there. However... it's my BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING. Nothing short of death or disease would have kept me away.

I'm trying not to whine about it and count our blessings (for instance, thank goodness we ARE able to pay all of our bills, even if it's by the skin of our teeth), but it's rough sometimes when you're staring at a bare cupboard and thinking about how long you've had to put off decent pay for schooling in a very broken academic system. We're out of meat, so I guess we're going vegetarian this week!! I was thinking of running and buying some beans to make a big pot of vegetarian chili - since chili ingredients are fairly inexpensive - and other such things. BF is a picky eater, though, so it complicates matters (anything without meat is pretty much a no-go for him, except for pasta. Should be fun). Any suggestions for dirt-cheap meals are always appreciated. I know we've all been there, I just needed to write it down.

Hey, I just remembered we have eggs, I bought some.... breakfast for dinner is always an option...

Anyway! Enough of my griping, on to goals.

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week. No single day over 1600 cals.
2) Exercise 3-4 times this week
3) Calorie deficit of 5,000-7,000
4) At least 80 oz. of water daily
5) Multivitamin daily
6) Weigh in Monday and Friday

Other Goals

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day
2) Take some "time out" for myself every day
3) Cross-stitch; post pictures!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

welcome aboard Midori!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

Ann, you should make brush, rinse and floss several times a day a goal, especially if you continue to eat crap.
Yes I totally should Mike!! Either that or a crack to the side of my head will work.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Just realized that with all my talking I didn't post any goals

Health/Fitness Goals
1. 80oz water daily
2. No stuffing junk in my mouth
3. Exercise when hubby leaves for work Weds-Sat M/T: N/a,
4. Limit to one diet soda daily
5. No added salt on my plate except specific foods

Life Goals
1. Enjoy visit with Dad
2. Cross-stitch project

I may add to these later, I just can't think of more goals right now. My brain is going to fast! ... The salt goal I didn't know how to word. Mostly I don't add any but there are a few foods for me that require a sprinkle of salt.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Terri -

You can make veggie soup, chili, lentil soup, etc. There are a ton of things you can make with just celery, carrots, onions and other veggies and just add pasta, beans, lentils to fill you up. Use the crock pot and then portion everything out into containers to make it easier to stick to your plan. Or like you said since you have eggs, just have breakfast for dinner one night and you should be ok. I have been there before when money is tight and it sucks. But the one thing that's great that comes from that, is you really learn how to stretch money and make it last. So when you have more, you can still save a good amount and keep what's left and make it last. Good luck!
Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on your 50 lb. loss, April! That's awesome!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Midori. I stuffed my face all weekend so I totally understand but I'm obese and just about your height. I'm going to try really hard this week to control my eating and to not eat anything I shouldn't.

Will catch up with the rest of you later.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Terri: As another person with a somewhat picky boyfriend especially when it comes to veggies, do a search on the Canadian Living website for Lemon Lentil Soup, it's a slow-cooker recipe that requires little effort, and I have to say for a vegan recipe it had a LOT of flavour, and my boyfriend licked his bowl clean!

It reheats nice too had some today for lunch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.