Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 9/26

Old 09-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Oh no! I have a runny nose, I guess I should load up on some vitamin C even though I feel fine.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

Go for the oranges!

About my blog, I'm not sure. I've put it so people can relpy, I'll play with it tonight, see if I can get it working. I also need to update it, now that I have internet at home. I was uneasy posting on it at work, as it's monitered, but guess it doesn't really matter now.
Thanks for trying Mike, I appreciate it.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

I figured it out. Was just reading your drunk post.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Just got a text checking to see if I wanted anything from Sonic. A blast sure does sound tasty right about now, but NOPE, I'm being good and about to head out to the gym. I had a big dinner, between that and my calorie stcked breakfast I'm over on my calories. That alone makes it harder to not just give in but I stood my ground. All I can say is sometime over the next three days I'm going to get my freak on with a Blast! It's going to happen and when it does, I will love every minute of it!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, yeah, my drunk post. Not one of my finest. Probably not my best moments.
Great work on the blast, any chance you can stop the messages from Sonic?
And enjoy your cheat day, whichever day it is.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

I had something logged twice, I'm not over on my calories. Wooowhooo
Old 09-29-2011, 06:24 PM
FitDay Member

Wow I had a busy day and didn’t get to sit down until 10pm and there are four pages of posts to read you ladies and Mike have been chatty today.

Amy Sorry to hear you are still sick. I would love to share my carpet cleaner; the guys at the border wouldn’t think that was odd at all . On a more serious note I hear you about the rental cost we used to go halves with my neighbor she’s a night girl and my hubby is a crazy morning guy so it worked well.

Mental note: Only visit Quinn in July, minus 30 no wind chill no thank you.

Terri Thanks for the response on tracking activities, I like the thinking of losing bonus pounds. Florida now there’s a climate I would like. I hope you have a well-balanced week that allows you to accomplish work and personal goals.

Mike I don’t have enough muscle to dead lift anything yet, but my butt and thighs could use the squats I might be up to that challenge. Way to go on overcoming your blast cravings and on making your calories today.

Mern Way to go on getting your exercise in early. I need to improve on that I’m sure it would make my day better I always feel so good when its over.

Nailkita Way to go on getting into the 100’s.

Wowgirl Congrats on your numbers going down again.

I have a house full coming at 10am for a baby shower, I am hoping the early morning will make it easier to avoid the cute pink cupcakes and frog cookies my daughter has covered on the table.If not I might need one of those cheat days Mike keeps talking about.
Have a great night all.

Goals
Say something on the forum every day M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Do not talk diet with family M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N(but he listened and made a better choice)
Exercise daily M=Aerobics, T=Treadmill, W=Walk, T=Step class
Calories less than 1500 per day M=1267, T= 1199, W= 1393, T=1354
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week M= -794, T= -892, W= -773, T=-1086
Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone!!! I had a crazy busy day yesterday because today I am only working half a day. I am leaving in the afternoon for Amsterdam! I'm so excited! I have never been there and I just can't wait. Sorry I was M.I.A. last night. I worked so late and then I had laundry to do to pack for my trip. I am going to try my best to stay in control food-wise and once I get back, I will be going back to the gym to work off the extras!

Oh yeah and sorry if my responses seem out-dated now... it seems some of these conversations have moved on but this is the drawback of being in a different time zone and missing a whole night of posting.

Darlene, wow, Whitehorse is pretty intense cold. I was in Nunavut once and it was really crisp, shall we say. My eyes would tear from the Arctic wind and then my eyelashes would freeze together! But don't worry, we in Quebec, don't laugh at B.C. very much, not when Toronto provides us with so much comedic material!

Nailkita, thanks!!! And you're right, how could I forget the mounties and moose! I can't believe you lived in North Bay. Whoa that's hardcore.

Mary, i guess stabbing snowflakes could be a good arm workout. I know what you mean about the days being too short before the Winter Solstice. It's kind of depressing. I guess I'm more of a summer girl myself. Hope you made it to the Y today!

April, PUMPKIN PIE ice cream?! That sounds delicious!

Wow Amy, your hashbrown story is hilarious. Talk about having to have a will of steel to resist something that is right on your plate. Damn, Girl.

Terri, please for the love of everything, do not feel bummed because you won't weigh 140 pounds at your friend's wedding. NOT FOR ONE SECOND!!!! You have lost over 50 pounds in 10 months, that is a consistent loss of more than a pound a week for a year! Do you have any idea what an incredible accomplishment that is!!!! Please don't impose a NUMBER on yourself for that day. That can't be what determines how wonderful and happy that celebration will be for you. I have deprived myself of so many happy memories because I didn't quite weigh what I wanted to on the day of a particular event: graduation, friends' weddings, birthdays, etc. You have already accomplished your goal for that day! You have gotten super healthy and you look amazing! Like you said, counting your blessings and successes is SO MUCH better than over-weighing your little failures. I would take that one step further and say that there are no little failures I can see over here! You have achieved some amazing success, my friend!

Mern, thank you so much for the huge pat on the back. I had salmon again last night for dinner. I am really happy that you kicked that little devil to the curb yesterday! Way to go!!!!! I actually didn't get any additional pointers from the health assessment at the gym the other day. I have a print-out of my results and basically the trainer told me to avoid saturated fat. She told me to read labels, stay away from cakes, muffins, cookies, ice cream, red meat, fried food etc. You know, the usual. Nothing we didn't already know. Oh yeah and congrats on doing your exercise!!! You are rocking it this week!

Wowgirl, congrats on your new low on the scale!

Mike, I hope you're not getting a cold!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 09-29-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report

Healthy Goals:

1. Calories at 1,400 or less 4 days, 1,500 (or less) 3 days. 1,500, 1,885, 1,399, 1,550 Hashbrowns!
2. Exercise 7 hours. 75 min, 75 min, 0 min, 0 min (total 2:30)
3. 100 oz of water. Y,Y,N,Y
4. Calorie deficit of 4,000. -1,208, -788, -700, -549 (total -3,255)
5. Protein at 25% or higher. 24%, 16%, 25%, 25%
6. Log intake and report here, every day no matter how ugly. Y,Y,Y,Y

Other Stuff:

1. Get oil changed in car. N, DONE
2. Clean car. N,N,N,N
3. Big fat load to Goodwill. N,N,N,N
4. 30 min housework + 1 load laundry + 1 drawer, cupboard or closet. YYY, YYY, YYY, YYY
5. Make appointments for orthodontist and wizards. N,N,N,N
6. Call Grans. N,N,N,N
7. Work on Halloween costumes. N,N,N,N

Somehow or another I'm doing okay with eating, a little over here and there, but less good with exercise and life in general. I skipped my workout twice this week so I could get a little more sleep. Sometimes sleep is more important. I did manage to get the workout done this morning and I'm already planning my weight lifting for tomorrow, so all is not lost.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-30-2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Can't get back online until I exercise.

Thursday report:

Calorie limit 1600 1433, 1475, 1312, 1434
Carbs less fiber average 25g per day 24.8, 24.2, 24.9, 21.4
Fiber 30g 30, 31, 25, 26
Sat fat average 12% of total carbs per day 12%, 14%, 10%, 12%
Dietary cholesterol average 300mg per day 140, 266, 282, 251
Vitamin D and fish oil YES, YES, Got in morning fish oil but missed evening dose, YES
6 servings veggies YES, 5, YES, YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 0 4, 4, 2
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniatures per day 2 4, 2, 1
Water 64 oz. HORRIBLE, DITTO, YES, YES
Exercise 5 times this week DAY OFF NO, NO, YES

Last edited by Mern; 09-30-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.