Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 9/26

Old 09-28-2011, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
The next time that happens, put your gym shoes and workout clothes on and tell her that you can only go if the two of you lap the mall 6 times. The mall near my in-laws has a "Chub Club" and a "Silver Sneakers" that both meet there and walk. 2 birds, one stone and all that.
Amy, I told DH that next time she asks me to take her somewhere instead of my (or our) going to the gym, I'll tell her I'll take her AFTER I go to the gym. Ultimately, it was I, not GD, who screwed up my exercise.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Oh, I thought only people in their late 50s or older would remember Flip Wilson, Amy.

LOL on your angel being deaf or having narcolepsy. As soon as my devil tempted me I joined her in shooing the angel away. I didn't even try. But today is a new day...
Bite your tongue, I'm only 28 (well that's as much as I'll admit to anyway). Until I was 5 we lived in Germany, where they showed a lot of older television shows. It used to take a long time for shows to be dubbed over in a foreign language, so I can remember Flip Wilson speaking German and my parents laughing their butts off at him/her.

Funny that your devil is female, mine is a smooth talking male, built like a Greek God, completely irresistible.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Oh wow, if I don't comment on this one, can I check off one of my good deeds?
Um no, it's too late you already commented. Geez, some people.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

On a side note, yesterday I had an epiphany and wanted to share it. I still have trouble waking up and getting that workout done every morning, but I'm trying to form a new approach to it. And that's when it occurred to me that I don't particularly enjoy doing the laundry, or climbing out of my nice warm bed to take a shower, or doing the dishes, but it's maintenance that needs to be done every day, like it or not. I don't have to love the workout, I don't have to look forward to it, I just need to get it done, and once it's done the quality of my life is better. So working out is just like showering, doing the dishes or brushing my hair, just do it and be done with it.
You know that's a nice way to look at it, at first glance it looks like it's negative but it's not.

I think some people can find the fun in exercising but others need to re-align their priorities to even consider it and just make it a habit... Like those vitamins I never take :s
Old 09-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

I'm way behind on replying, I'll try to catch up later. I decided to sleep in today since I made my numbers for the quarter.

I started back on HIAH when I went to the gym. I had a great workout... except for one thing . Yesterday was deadlifts so I was doing way less weight (200 pounds less ) than I was before my injury. Considering that is a low back annihilator I had to lift with my head and not my body.

After getting back from the gym (11pm) I had a PB&J. It felt like a good time for it but damn I was so close to making it through the day without bread.

Health & Fitness
1) Eat clean for 6 days yes, yes
2) Reduce bread intake (1 serving for 3 days, 3 days with none) 1
3) Avg of 400 cal/day deficient -377, -392
4) 4 servings of fruit/veggies 4, 4
5) Net Carbs under 80g/day 92.5, 125.8
6) Plan ahead (log a good bit of food for the next day) yes, yes
7) No eating between midnight & 8am no eating, fail
8) Workout 3 times. Get back on my weight training program (Huge In A Hurry) no, yes
9) Walk 3 times no, yes x 2
10) Daily:
Multi Vitamin yes, yes
Fish Oil yes, yes
Glucosamine yes, yes
Arginine yes, yes
Floss yes, yes

Other
1) Shave (3x)
Head yes, no
Face yes, no
Arms yes, no
2) Give blood, if allowed no, no
3) Tell a total stranger something nice (2x) no, no
4) Two random acts of kindness no, no
5) One P&C policy (need one to hit my bonus) no (should write it tomorrow), yes x 2
Old 09-28-2011, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Um no, it's too late you already commented. Geez, some people.
Yeah, but I didn't get to say what I really wanted to say.

Oh, it's your turn.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

I have to get away from the computer. Live-in GD's 17th birthday is today and I have to go get her a chocolate chip cookie cake and ice cream. She also wants take-out pizza, pigs in a blanket (hotdogs wrapped in crescent rolls) and mashed potatoes with jarred turkey gravy for her birthday dinner. Now isn't that the oddest combination of foods??? I'm going to throw in a veggie tray for at least ONE thing healthful. MY dinner will be leftover cold skinless chicken, green beans, and a salad according to the angel sitting on my shoulder and threatening me with a sledge hammer. And I'll have a low fat lemon yogurt and a piece of sugar free chocolate for MY dessert.

But before I leave:

Lizzie, you get the BIDIA (BUT I DID IT ANYWAY) award for avoiding the takeaway burger meal yesterday! Congrats to ya!

Amy, I was just telling DH I didn't understand how a woman as young as you
could remember Flip Wilson. That had to be hilarious hearing him dubbed in German. LOL

Mike, I really DO have to give you brownie points for NOT saying what you could have. I'll bet you nearly had a stroke holding your tongue. Great job on your goals, even with the PB&J! Lot of green in there!

Nailkita, yeah, you're right--some people love exercise and for some of us it's a real chore. Sometimes I'm forgetful about taking my evening dose of supplements. I put my pill minder box right in front of the computer and still sometimes it doesn't catch my attention. The supplements are in the kitchen, but that's closed at night, so I'll put a note on my bathroom door and I'll for sure see that before I go to bed. Can you think of something you can try?

Last edited by Mern; 09-28-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

I was absent for a while so may have missed it: where's Cassie?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals
1. 80 oz water daily M: Y, T: Y (over 100!!),
2. No mindless eating M: Y, T: Y,
3. Only one diet soda daily M: Y, T: Y,

Life Goals
1. 1hr house work daily not including daily chores M: N, T: N,
2. Border bathroom M: N, T: COMPLETE!
3. Caulk around top of tub M: N, T: N, W: COMPLETE!
4. Laundry M: N, T: Y,

So I may not have done housework but I did put on the border in the bathroom and reinstall the three cabinet doors that I had off to paint. Then this morning after hubby left for work at 5 I stayed up and put the caulking strip around the top of the tub. I don't like the way it applied though and may need to do something else with it. It isn't sticky all the way to the edge and that allows it to stick up instead of rolling down over the tub edge. I don't like it. I left it on to get the hubby's idea on how to resolve it. I may take a razor and cut it so it doesn't roll down over into the shower area (doesn't need to anyway).

Terri ... I feel ya on the grumpy needy BF. Not to go into too much detail but my hubby is the same way. He doesn't come from a good background and was treated pretty poorly so if he thinks that I am dismissing or belittling him at all he gets very upset. And when he is down in the dumps he needs basically all my attention to make him feel better. Maybe they just miss us.

Mike ... Be careful of those internet scams. I think you have found one in that bike. I hope if you do want a bike that you find one at a good price though. Congrats on reaching your bonus!

Ann ... Good luck with your interviews!

Amy ... I was LOL at your HGTV conversation. We watched one last weekend I think it was Holmes Inspection or something. He ripped apart their whole house to point out what was missed on home inspection. There is no way a home inspector could see the things he ripped open. I think to finish off the yankee workshop hubby you need to add a beard too! Like Al Borland on Home Improvement. Hopefully you get to take it a bit easy today and finish kicking that crud out the door. I am totally there with you in trying to live my life so I never have to say I wish I would have....

Mary ... Good news on getting brakes on the bike and congrats to you for skipping that donut. I bet that omelette tasted so good. Don't worry about that scale. One of these days it will realize that you are doing what you should and give you a good read out.

Lizzie ... I'm glad to hear that you listened to your good angel on the way home last night. That is so hard to do!

Quinn ... We are verging on fall here too. I love the fall leaves, apples, pumpkins, corn stalks, and yes even the cleanup of it all. It is rainy here this week. Sounds like we swapped weather. It was 70's and so sunny here just a few days ago.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Keep Calories under 1800:
Monday: 1933
Tuesday: 1841

Don't murder co-workers:
Monday and Tuesday:
Co-worker 1: Still alive
Co-worker 2: On Vacation, out of reach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.