FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Motivational Thread Starting 9/26 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5330-motivational-thread-starting-9-26-a.html)

quinnesec 09-26-2011 12:03 PM

Had a blissfully, boring, unproductive day! I had forgotten how wonderful it is to sit around in sweats for an entire rainy day!

* Keep calories at 1200 or less. Yes

* Drink 80-90 oz. of water a day. Yes

* Eat clean! Yes

* Try to slow down the pace of my life... I know some things are out of my hands, but when I have the chance, take a break, make a pot of coffee and vegetate, if only for a while. YES- I did nothing productive whatsoever!

Kumochi 09-26-2011 01:03 PM

It is always fun to be able to do the unexpected. A few years ago I needed repairs to my seadoo so I read up on fiberglassing. My neighbours got a kick out of watching me fibreglass and gelcoat the bottom. Still not leaking! I also do the odd plumbing and wiring repair as I dislike waiting on people to come and do it. It's so much easier if you can do it yourself.

I have a person coming tomorrow to discuss some renovating work I need done. You will likely hear me whining about it over the next few weeks. Mary

Hunny24 09-26-2011 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by mtlgirl (Post 57859)

Ann, I hope you had a great run tonight!

I did thanks! Another 4 miles tonight and felt great

01gt4.6 09-26-2011 02:05 PM

Today went great. I did have one tortilla. I guess that should be counted as bread, right? I did avoid a PB&J and have a chicken quesadilla for dinner.

Health & Fitness
1) Eat clean for 6 days yes
2) Reduce bread intake (1 serving for 3 days, 3 days with none) 1
3) Avg of 400 cal/day deficient -377
4) 4 servings of fruit/veggies 4
5) Net Carbs under 80g/day 92.5
6) Plan ahead (log a good bit of food for the next day) yes
7) No eating between midnight & 8am no eating
8) Workout 3 times. Get back on my weight training program (Huge In A Hurry) no
9) Walk 3 times no
10) Daily:
Multi Vitamin yes
Fish Oil yes
Glucosamine yes
Arginine yes
Floss yes

Other
1) Shave (3x)
Head yes
Face yes
Arms yes
2) Give blood, if allowed no
3) Tell a total stranger something nice (2x) no
4) Two random acts of kindness no
5) One P&C policy (need one to hit my bonus) no (should write it tomorrow)

Quinn, Great job!
Mern, where are you?
Ann, I'm jealous of the 4 miles.

almeeker 09-26-2011 02:42 PM

Monday Report

Healthy Goals:

1. Calories at 1,400 or less 4 days, 1,500 (or less) 3 days. 1,500
2. Exercise 7 hours. 75 min (total 1:15)
3. 100 oz of water. Y
4. Calorie deficit of 4,000. -1,208 (total -1,208)
5. Protein at 25% or higher. 24%
6. Log intake and report here, every day no matter how ugly. Y

Other Stuff:

1. Get oil changed in car. N
2. Clean car. N
3. Big fat load to Goodwill. N
4. 30 min housework + 1 load laundry + 1 drawer, cupboard or closet. YYY
5. Make appointments for orthodontist and wizards. N
6. Call Grans. N
7. Work on Halloween costumes. N

Well today was nuts busy and frustrating. Okay on Th & F last week my weekday baby was dry for the entire day, no accidents wearing big girl panties all day except for nap. I get her back this morning and it's like starting over at square one. 3 accidents before she'd been here an hour. SERIOUSLY? Apparently her mom worked all weekend and even though dad had been told of the situation he chose to ignore all of it. Ugh. So again I had to clean pee up all morning and deal with temper tantrums and tears. The inconsistency is enough to make me scream. I've told the mother over and over again, once we start this process, it has to be consistent and once she's potty trained through the day you have to disassemble the crib. You cannot potty train a child through the night that is sleeping in a crib, end of discussion. I guess the next step is to hide the diapers from dad?

Anyway enough rant. I had an okay day health-wise and nearly a zero for other stuff. The rest of the week should be quieter than today, so maybe I can get some stuff done, although I'm not going to hold my breath.

Quin, I would gladly give you a whole boob, that should give each of us plenty. Truthfully they are overrated, they would be more helpful to me if men equated big jugs with extra intelligence, but the opposite is true really. When DH and I bought this house we were both working as architects, so we had all the info we needed to buy the right materials, installation however was a completely different issue. There were times when we would be on the verge of starting something or already in elbow deep and he would look at me and say, "Have you ever done this before?" And I would say, "uh no, but I've seen it on TV, how hard can it be?". Well a lot harder than it looked between commercial breaks, that's for sure, but not too hard for us to muddle through - eventually. We used to religiously watch Norm Abrahams on his show "The New Yankee Workshop", but seriously if I had all his toys in my workshop I could be that good too. What I really wanted to do was send him our little bucket of power tools and challenge him to make something impressive with that. Now talk about your reality television program... Sort of like New Yankee Workshop meets Survivor LOL.

Hunny, great job on the run. How long does it take you to run 4 miles? How's the poopy training going?

Mary, so when is that fiber glass class you're teaching? I would love to learn how to do that stuff, although I'm sure the fumes are toxic as all get out.

mtlgirl, it could be English food, but it seems odd that it would be higher after only being there a few months. Did they use the same test you've had before? Could it be the tests were run on completely different types of analysis machines? I don't know too much about that equipment anymore. I've never had my cholesterol tested, even though I have asked my primary care physician over and over again to run it. Ugh. My mother has had issues with hers since she was 40. Hello I'm almost 43, it seems like it's past time.

Cassie, where are you? I know you're super busy, but we miss you girl.

Hey wowgirl of course we remember you.

Mike, dude it's your turn, and if I get an "S" it's all mine baby.

01gt4.6 09-26-2011 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 57876)

Mike, dude it's your turn, and if I get an "S" it's all mine baby.

would you like one of mine?;)

dar n 09-26-2011 03:54 PM

April you will have to post your finished bathroom photos it sounds like you are working hard on it. I am in awe of your talents. I hate to admit it but I am the girl who picks the colors and lets her husband do the work.:( I did help when we remodeled the kitchen but it was a lot of work and I couldn’t of done it myself I am just not talented at building things.

Quinn we are also experiencing a bad storm here today it kept me in so I made a large pot of Mexican chicken soup, I can’t wait for dinner. I also didn’t want to venture to the gym so I dug up some old tapes and found a Richard Simmons tape from the 80’s I must of burnt an extra 50 calories just laughing my head off at the clothes and hair.

Nailkita, welcome.:)

Rose way to go on your health check and your 1 pound loss that’s hard to do when you’re on vacation.

Lizzie Thanks. Do not hang your head in shame hold it up because you are here trying to be healthy.

Mike glad you had a good start to your week.

Amy its sounds like you had a great birthday weekend for your daughter. I am sorry you had a crappy start to your day my friend does daycare and she has a cross stitch in her bathroom that says “kids are great too bad they come with parents” it seems fitting as it’s usually the parents causing caregivers the grief. Glad you did so well on your food goals even under stress.

Have a great night everyone.

Goals
Say something on the forum every day M=Y
Do not talk diet with family M=Y
Exercise daily M=Aerobics
Calories less than 1500 per day M=1267
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week M= -794

MAIN80 09-26-2011 05:37 PM

Hello everyone!

I have been gone for I don't even know how long. But I am back to the thread, I have been mostly on the wagon, just not getting to the forums, then some weeks I tried to come here and catch up but felt too overwhelmed to do so. Today however I am determined to not let the day go by without posting here. I hope everyone is doing well.

Goals for the week:

1. Stay under 1200 cal during weekdays, 1500 during the weekend
2. Drink 3 liters of water per day
3. Exercise 4 times during the week
4. Go to bed before midnight

mtlgirl 09-26-2011 05:40 PM

April, thanks for sharing your fall decor tips. It sounds to me like you are really handy around the house. I hope you post some pictures of your finished bathroom.

Darlene, thanks so much! I usually gain weight when I leave home but this time, I really wanted to come back lighter. I am here for work after all and although, I am enjoying the travelling I really wanted to dedicate myself to improving my health. Thank you so much for the encouragement.

Lizzie, don't feel shame. It happens to ALL of us, every single one. There is no such thing as perfection and you have done amazingly well. You've lost 24 pounds! Woohoo! You'll get rid of that pesky 3.5 lbs in no time!

Wowgirl, welcome back!

Quinn, yay for your relaxing day!

Ann, way to go! 4 miles is amazing. I can't wait to get back to running outside when I get back to Canada. This town I am in so hilly that I couldn't really run. I tend to get injuries when I do hills.

Mike, I don't know if a tortilla is bread. I don't think it has yeast in it so maybe you can get away with not counting it as bread.

Amy, it was definitely not the same test that I have had back home. This one was a different machine and I was only fasted for two hours prior to the test where as the one my doctor ran back home was on a complete blood work-up and I had to fast for 12 hours prior to the test. I am definitely going to watch my fat intake from now on!

Rubystars 09-26-2011 11:57 PM

Monday:

Keep Calories under 1800:
Calories 1933

Don't murder co-workers:
Co-worker 1: Still alive
Co-worker 2: On Vacation, out of reach