Community
Notices

50 pounds to lose anyone????

Old 07-28-2010, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

Michelle, we all know how you feel. I find it hard at work too. I happen to work somewhere where everyone loves to "share treats" so I am offered cake and home-made cookies on a regular basis. It sure is hard to resist but what made it easier for me was to eliminate white refined sugar all together! Yes, I know it's a bold move and some may not agree with me but in my case if I have a little indulgence, it doesn't satisfy my craving, it just gives me more cravings.

There seem to be 2 schools of thought on this. There are those people who like to have one bite of something sinful to satisfy their craving and they're perfectly content with that. (I wish I could do that!) And then there are those, like me, who can't really have "just a little bite of something sweet" because it just fires up my cravings like crazy.

It has been 9 weeks since I have had any refined sugar and I rarely even think about cookies or chocolate now. When I want a treat, I reach for cherries, or yogurt with cinnamon, or natural peanut butter with apple slices, and I use Agave nectar to sweeten my natural yogurt. It's available at health food stores and it looks like maple syrup but it doesn't spike your blood sugar.

If eliminating sugar is not for you and you can have just a little. Try keeping some dark chocolate on hand and have a little square of it with some strawberries. It's like Hawaiiadobo said, it's all about having the healthy snacks on hand and make sure you bring plenty of the "good" snacks to work with you. Good luck!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

I find it funny that you mentioned dark chocolate and strawberries... my two favorite foods. I never really thought of mixing the two but that will probably be a good idea. I (unfortunately) am like you, Mtlgirl. one taste stirs those cravings like no other. So maybe I should just buy some dark chocolate and have my roommate hide it and any time I just want a piece i can just ask her for one. Thanks a mil

Oh and i have done decently well since the last post =D Today has been going even better so progress is being made and that I should be proud of.

But I must confess... I did nibble on some oreos today at work... but just a few
Old 07-29-2010, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie

Hi girls!

Okay... I'm finally taking the step and admitting that I need to go on a diet. In the last year, after a really tough break up, I packed on some pounds that I one day woke up, looked in the mirror and went OMG! Where did this extra weight come from?! I had been doing really well previously, I'd dropped sizes, but it's all come back! I've really lacked the motivation to get up and go work out and to bother with all the diet foods. I've been defeating myself before I've ever gotten going, but that's all in the past...

My best friend is getting married in Key West in January and I want to look GOOD! I know I can do it... I just need that motivation and that drive... which is why I'm here I feel that with a support group and with a journal, I can achieve my weight loss goals.

I'm looking to loose 80lbs when it's all said and done, though that may be awhile, and may not even be realistic. But the goal weight is somewhere around 150-160 and a size 8 or 10. Last I checked, I was at 230 and a size 14-16. I'm gonna take it step by step with mini goals.

Tomorrow starts my weight loss program. Wish me luck!

And congrats to all of your out there losing weight and continuing to do so!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

lost another pound woohoo!!! brings me down to 169, making my total weight loss 44 pounds!!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

I started July 19 and have lost a total of 5 lbs. I want to lose 60 lbs in total. I think that things are going well, but I am about to start the school year (I am a teacher) and I am getting a Masters, and I have a toddler. I need more support to continue on this journey.

SW: 195
GW: 135

GD: July 9, 2011 (My daughter's 3rd birthday)
Old 08-06-2010, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I started July 19 and have lost a total of 5 lbs. I want to lose 60 lbs in total. I think that things are going well, but I am about to start the school year (I am a teacher) and I am getting a Masters, and I have a toddler. I need more support to continue on this journey.

SW: 195
GW: 135

GD: July 9, 2011 (My daughter's 3rd birthday)
Hey there! I could have written your post!! I am also a teacher- going back Wednesday next week, same weight, and my son is 2 weeks older than your daughter. Good luck to you!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up 55 To Go

Hi All! I have put 15 lbs (in 15 days) behind me with 55 to go. I just found this site yesterday and think it's awesome! I found out I have high blood pressure and the pill I'm on is one I don't want to be on for long at all (side effects). So, I put my mind to it, but I can tell it will be a long road as the weight was not put on in the course of a month or two... the onsite graph indicates February 7th 2011 will be the day I achieve my goal.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default New member

Hello all. I just started today with trying to lose 60 lbs. I am looking for some moral support from anyone who is experiencing similar problems. I turned 48 years old a week ago. I weighed 194.4 this am and have a goal weight of 135. I am 5'2''. I am on medication for high blood pressure (2 different ones), hypothyroidism (synthroid), an ulcer (Nexium),and vitamin supplements, (vit D, and vit. B-12) prescribed by my doctor after low levels were detected by a blood test. I have been a yo-yo dieter in the past and have lost weight before on weight watchers. I always seem to put it back on very quickly. My doctor warns me that I may be pre-diabetic since I did have gestational diabetes with my last 2 pregnancies. I need help sticking to my plan of eating healthy and beginning to exercise. I work full time, have 5 children, a husband who has been unemployed for over a year, and am under a lot of stress (hence-the ulcer). I think much of my current health problems can be attributed to my weight. I want to feel better.... Any suggestions that have worked to keep you motivated and not give up would be appreciated. It looks like a big mountain to climb from where I am today. Do any of you do weekly weigh-ins? I liked the accountablility this gave with weight watchers. I just cant afford to go back to my meetings right now. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Mom Of 5, welcome to the forum! If you are looking for moral support you came to the right place. (Notice I did not refer to you as Ughfatmomof5, I am not sure I think that's an uplifting user name for you (and I say this from a place of kindness,) see this thread on emotions and weight, http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ss-candid.html)

Wow, you have 5 KIDS?! Good for you! And good for you, for making the decision to do something about your health. I can totally relate to feeling like there is a big mountain ahead of you to climb but you can do it!!! Don't look at the whole mountain, try to see it as a series of hills and valleys and you will enjoy the scenery much more on your journey towards your goal weight.

Back in April, I was at a true "rock bottom" health-wise. I too was on Nexium and I also had an ulcer! What a coincidence. Mine was caused by stress as well, my dad passed away from Lou Gehrig's disease and I was very close to him all along the way. I was even holding his hand when he died, then one day after the funeral I ended up in the hospital on a morphine drip because of an ulcer attack! It was so intense, I thought I was going to pass out from the pain.... SO I totally can sympathize with your health situation and I am here to tell you that today I am feeling amazing! I can run and will be participating in my first 5K race in just 3 weeks! I have also lost 20 pounds total, since February when I weighed 205. But I officially started on Fitday at 198 pounds and have lost 13 pounds since May 26th. I am very happy about my results and how healthy I feel.

I also check in for a weekly weigh-in every Wednesday. The thread is entitled The Wed Club, we are a group of mostly women who keep each other accountable. You are more than welcome to join us! Here is a link to last week's thread http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...-8-3-10-a.html

I hope you find what you are looking for here!
Big hugs...

Last edited by mtlgirl; 08-07-2010 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default WOW - some welcome

Thanks Rose

Last edited by bestcapri; 08-09-2010 at 07:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.