Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/5

Old 09-05-2011, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, we must have been posting at the same time! I loved seeing your pictures! The juggler is too much. I would have gotten tired of that schtick pretty fast. Are there any pictures of you?

So why do you think that you'll be back up to 174? You just did a marathon! I suspect you must be exaggerating.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Too much partying, eating everything not bolted down.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Just a pic of me and my SIL after the race but I cut 1/2 my face off.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Too much partying, eating everything not bolted down.
It happens to the best of us.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

The bad thing is that my phone has a forward and reverse facing camera, the glare was so bad that I couldn't even see my screen.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

It was good to have the company of my pals here who were starting their week today instead of tomorrow--after the holiday. I was lucky I didn't have any cookouts or anything--just a quiet day at home.

Thanks for everyone's support on my easing up on my saturated fat limit. So nice that you understand that I did really try last week--just my goal was set too strict. I traded my planned leftover meatloaf for dinner tonight for leaner butcher shop cooked roast beef and that gave me saturated fat room for almonds and even two pieces of my sugar free chocolate tonight. Couldn't fit them in most of last week and that was part of the reason for feeling deprived.

Cassie, how's your shoulder coming along? I hope this week will be easier for you to keep up. I gave up on trying to catch up with last week's posts. Ooh, yum, those whole wheat biscuits and banana-honey muffins sound so delicious!

Terri, congrats on the 166.9! Oh, that's so wonderful! You remind me of when I was younger and used to go to work 1/2 hour early and ate lunch very late in the afternoon so that I could get more work done without so much interruption. I think I told you my friend really slimmed down when she started Zumba. Keep us posted how you like it.

Hope, I'll bet that 5 lbs. will come off quickly. Let us know what your "lots of water" turns out to be. I think everyone is different--64 oz. is a huge amount for me, but for Mike it's not much at all.

Yunalee, welcome back! Best wishes on your 12 week classes. Smart to set your goals simple while getting back into the groove.

Ann, congrats on being down that half pound! Good for you on getting rid of the bigger size jeans--that's really best to do. It got cooler here today and I got out and hemmed two pairs of new jeans that are two sizes smaller than I wore last winter. Throwing out my bigger jeans, too--too worn out to donate to charity.

Mike, I had to laugh at that Dairy Queen picture. Did you get your Blizzard?

Rose, I think a really neat custom is the day after Christmas(?) in England when they celebrate "boxing day" with bosses and workers trading jobs for the day. Don't know how widespread that tradition is practiced these days, though. Hmm, I wonder if Queen Elizabeth washes dishes for the scullery gals. LOL Wow, you're off to a good start this week. That's great!

Last edited by Mern; 09-05-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, I got a couple blizzards
Old 09-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

So good to "see" everybody and looking forward to the folks who will undoubtedly join us tomorrow.

Mern, I did go back and read your report on your visit to the doctor and I know I sound like a broken record, but you are doing fantastic! I think you have been very planful and dedicated to doing what works for you. Your doc gave you great advice and you bring a lot of common sense to the table. Actually, there has been quite a lot of talk about how sat fat is not as bad for you as people previously thought, and definitely if you're diabetic then carbs, not fat, are the real enemy. Of course, that should be tempered by your blood work data, but I think you are at a happy medium. I hope you had a good, quiet day and that all is well with your family.

Rose, your pictures are amazing! I love when you guys post them. It sounds like you are having a great time and enjoying your work and your new city. How are you doing not having Chico around? I saw so many dogs on the trail yesterday, I thought about you and the C-man running together .

Mike, again, awesome job on the half marathon. Did you get through it with minimal blisterage? It looks like a blast. I totally feel you on the "eating everything that wasn't nailed down;" been there, done that, and paid the price afterward. But you know you can whip yourself back into shape, no matter what the damage.

Terri, a new low for you! Awesome job, girl! So glad to hear it . I hope you had a quiet day today and got some down time in the afternoon. Let us know how Zumba works out; my sister really loves it. Are you at a class or doing it at home?

Yunalee, you can choose to start over any time! We're glad to have you back. I see your weight goals...when is your wedding? Congrats!

Hope, how's the back? I wish for better news this week for you, on the DD, basement, back, and fibro fronts. Karma dictates you should have a few things go right .

Ann, you're brave to get rid of the "just in case" jeans. And congrats on your half pound. I was just saying to my husband the other day that as much as I may be reluctant to admit it, running is the thing that has the best results for me. I don't love it and I never get the "runner's high" you hear about, but I feel really good after I do it and it does work, so I persevere! Maybe if I had taken it up when I was younger...

Actually, I am really sore today. I ran (mostly) the trail yesterday...5 miles. It wasn't fast, just under an hour, but it was a good workout and definitely much more interesting than being on the treadmill. But it was actually an error in judgment because by the time I got home I had only 45 minutes before I had to go get the portraits done and my face was red as a beet, so I had to take time I didn't have and lay there with an icy washcloth on my face trying to get it back to normal! Not your brightest bear.

Well, I need to check in and go to bed so I can get that stupid sleep goal! Good night, everyone!

1. Calories capped at 1300. 1275
2. Follow my pie chart rules (a reasonable macro balance, 25 g fiber, unsat fat twice the percentage of sat fat). Yes
3. Sleep at least 7 hours per night. Yes
4. 72 oz. water daily. Yes
5. Exercise 6 times. Yes
6. Do shoulder rehab exercises daily. Yes
7. Log everything. Yes
8. Post daily. Yes
Old 09-05-2011, 05:36 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, we have Boxing Day in Canada but it doesn't involve bosses or workers, just mega sales, especially on Christmas items. It's kind of mayhem and I can't get into that. I love to shop but going out to a MEGA SALE is not for me. I won't be subjected to that kind of mayhem just to save a couple of dollars.

Cassie, you are off to an amazing start! I am so impressed! I find it difficult here in England to get all my protein in at each meal. It's much harder for me to just grab a lunch on the go that is high in protein. In Montreal when I was really busy I would just go to this nearby health food store for lunch where they had a salad buffet and I could get lots of greens with tuna or chicken and go easy on the dressing but here there aren't any places like that. Also the schedule is slightly grueling. I never get home before 8-ish so it's a little late to start making dinner. I am always looking for fast meals so I end up making stir-fry a lot! Thanks for asking about Chico! I do miss him like crazy. In the beginning I kept hallucinating that he was here. I know that when we are reunited it will be a crazy love fest. I am going to hug him for days. Luckily he is with my mom and she is over the moon for him. He has charmed her like only my lovable little guy can.

Well I've got to run. It's 6:37AM and I am going to a 7:15 spin class. It's awfully windy and rainy out there today! YUCK!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:06 PM
FitDay Member

Monday report:

Fish oil and vitamin D YES
Exercise 5 days YES
Calorie limit 1600 1427
Saturated fat AVERAGE 11% of total calories 10%
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 23.3
Fiber target 30g per day 45
Six servings of veggies daily 6
Track protein grams and % 120g or 37%

Water 64 oz. YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day YES
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniatures per day 1--it was all that was left in the bag

Last edited by Mern; 09-05-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.