Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 08-29-2011, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Me again, Rose. It's wonderful to hear that you love your job. Sounds fascinating. What's the documentary about?

OMG, you surely did kill it on the elliptical! I can't do that machine--just not strong or fit enough yet-- but I always go by the stats the machines at the Y give me rather than FitDay. Depends on the settings and design of the machine, so FitDay can give only it's best guess. But FitDay is good for those who don't have an accurate measure of their calorie burn.

Wow, YOU are on fire. Look at all that green in your Monday report. Congrats to ya!

I gotta go fire up the grill--chicken thighs for dinner. Don't know what else--probably salad.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Oh Mern! You just cracked me right up!! Mike wears Depends. LOL!!
Well, I COULD have said he wears POISE.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

@KL Hi, I'm new, too! From what I can tell, everyone here is great—I hope you like it as much as I do.

@Hope thank you I have to keep telling myself, “Baby steps! Baby steps!” I have to start somewhere, right? Sorry to hear about your basement mess post-Irene. Way to look for the silver lining Re: cleanup!

@Mern this is my first experience with tendinitis, and I'm not diggin' it LOL I'm trying to use the generally recommended therapies, but I get so bored and frustrated sitting around with my foot propped up. I can't get anything done! But I think I will go make some salsa, thanks I never realized before how lucky I am to have relatively healthy eating habits—hopefully that will be one less obstacle to overcome to reach my health goals.

@Rose thanks! I'm using cooked (canned/tinned) tomatoes this time, so I hope that's still okay. I just wasn't in the mood for salsa cruda, and it's still too frigging hot to turn on the oven to make roasted veggie salsa. BLAH. I'm so DONE with 30+C temps, YUCK!

@all thank you for making this such a supportive place to be—I've tried talking to a few people I know, but they just don't seem to get it. They all seem to think I look fine, and while I may not LOOK all that bad, the bigger problem is I FEEL awful. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! Time to get intentional and build myself a healthy body
Old 08-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Anyone in Baltimore?
I'm from there originally, what'd I miss? We've had a couple folks from there in the past but I don't think they've posted in a while...
Old 08-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I'm from there originally, what'd I miss? We've had a couple folks from there in the past but I don't think they've posted in a while...
I have a few hour layover at BWI, just checking to see if anyone wanted to meet for lunch.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Default Staying true to my word

Yes, I know the pic is small, you have to click the thumbnail. And, yes... I trimmed my chest a stomach hair a few weeks ago. It's grown back, just not as thick as the 1st pic yet. Okay as I said before I lost a lot of muscle mass, that's why at 169, I don't look as lean as I did in the past. Even in my 178 pic in my signature I was leaner than I am now. Also, the mirror I was in isn't very flattering, AT ALL. I never use that bathroom but said that since I took my beginning pics there, I'd take the ending pics there as well.

Rose, I think I have a HUGE advantage when it comes to losing weight. I believe that I can drop a couple pounds while I may only show I'm 3000 calories deficient for 2 reasons:
1) I log my sleep so I may actually be ~4000 calories deficient, but the next reason is HUGE!

2) As Mern had mentioned last week. Heart rate plays a big factor in metabolism! When I workout or do cardio I probably burn twice what the average person does. I've talked about this in the past, when I exercise, my heart rate gets elevated. Not like "normal" elevated. I'm talking 200 bpm PLUS. I've recorded it as high at 236 bpm. Not too many 40 year olds have a cardiologist, but I do. When I first went to the cardiologist he thought I was messing with him when I told him how high it gets, until he put me on the treadmill and did a stress test and had to stop the test early b/c he wasn't comfortable with it. My resting heart rate is fine (65-72 bpm usually).

The problem that I have is when I eat like a madman and I don't exercise.

Ladies, I assure that I don't wear depends. That's not to say that I haven't, they just get in the way of my banana hammock.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-29-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Wow Mike...what do the docs say to that? Could that potentially be a problem? I mean, great that its buring the calories but more like an actual heart problem. Just curious.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Now, if the picture of the banana hammock didn't just make you LOL, literally, then you've never heard that term before.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Morning ladies and Mike!

Mike, I loled at the banana hammock. That phrase always reminds me of The Todd from Scrubs.

Sorry I can’t do individual replies, hope everyone’s doing well, and welcome to the newbies!

Work’s been crazy, and still haven’t got my home internet, so logging on at work, which I don’t like to do too often.

Goals:
  • 5 bottles of water daily
  • Try to eat okay
  • 30 mins exercise
  • Take care of appearance daily
  • Update goals daily!
  • Buy scales on Friday

Good luck to you all, hope you have a rockin’ week, see ya around!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Wow Mike...what do the docs say to that? Could that potentially be a problem? I mean, great that its buring the calories but more like an actual heart problem. Just curious.
Now real probably other than a risk for heart attack or death.

On a serious note, I discovered this when I got my HRM and I was doing P90X. I thought the HRM was faulty b/c I kept pegging it at 200 bpm (as high as it would read). I leater found that it was in fact accurate when I went to the gym and compared it to their machines, almost dead on up until I peg it at 200 bpm.

He did the stress test, and the funny thing is I was sitting there all hooked up and it was measuring my resting HR. The doctor comes in and the nurse tells me to get up and get on the tread mill. I stand up, and she blurts out "holy $#!t". I merely stood up and took 2 steps and my hr went from like 70 to 110 (I don't remember the exact #'s). Stress test was abnormal results. Echo cardiogram was normal results. He said that my heat is fine but something is triggering it to beat fast.

He asked if I've recently lost weight. I said yes, but b/c of diet and exercise. He hear yes and assumes that I have an endocrine problem. He orders blood work and he reads the results and feels that my iron level is too low and thyroid function is too high.

He send me to an endocrinologist. I see the endocrinologist and he tells me, "I hear you have an elevated heart rate and unexplained weight loss". I said yes and no. I explain the weight loss and he reads my results. He said my thyroid level are pretty much normal or on the high end of the normal range but nothing to cause as HR of 200+. Iron level was fine. He orders more blood work. I do that and return to him with the same results. He says this is not a endocrine issue, it is fine.

So basically I went to see two guys that "practice" medicine and neither could figure out what is causing it.

Technically I've been cleared from both since neither could figure it out and for those that know how my brain works, you could guess the next step I took...

Now I just take it easy and I took out another life insurance policy on myself. Since I've been cleared from both and have no pending tests to complete I was able to get a preferred rating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.