Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 08-29-2011, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

Tanya, ouchie! Tendonitis is so painful--I had that a couple years ago in my shoulder. I hope you can find the right balance of exercise to let you heal as painlessly as possible. My macros aren't anywhere near the USDA's because I manage my blood sugar with a doctor approved diet suited to my special needs, but I applaud you for aspiring to a healthful diet and tracking your food. Good plan to see what you average after a week, fortnight, etc. Ah, a gal after my own heart. Although I do weigh, I, too, am more concerned about how I look and feel in my clothes. Fresh salsa surely counts for a veggie in my book. Go for it!

Mary (newbies, that's Kumochi) wow, congrats on LOSING weight during your holidays! Fabulous! Congrats on getting back on the bike already.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Tanya! It doesn't matter how much you can do at first as long as you do it. You'll get better.

Cassie, I hope they can figure out what's going on and make you feel better.

Mern, good job on your numbers from last week!! You are so thoughtful to put in Rose's post.

And Rose you are a beast! (in a good way)

Mike, when I fly, they have to give me a thorough check over because I have knee replacement. Invariably, when it gets a little too thorough, I tell them: "if you want to go any further you're gonna have to buy me dinner and drink first!!!"

BTW Terri I love the phrase good juju an have been known to use it myself!!! In fact, so much of what you wrote I relate to. I could use a makeover myself!!!

Last edited by canary52; 08-29-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Default Baltimore

Anyone in Baltimore?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) 1600 cals or less
2) stretch
3) drink water
4) play nice with others
5) dig out from Irene induced mess in basement

The water got pretty high in my basement and ruined so much stuff: mementoes, some of my parents' furniture, my DD's baby stuff and even got to my wedding dress. So it is a bit sad. And as I'm going through it all, it makes me think how much more devastating it was for Katrina victims. And I guess this is making us get to that long delayed basement cleanup.

Last edited by canary52; 08-29-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default This joint is jumping!

Cassie, the goals are looking good and I'm glad to hear you called the doc.

Amy, open bar huh? Very glad to have you back. It just wasn't the same without you for the past few days. I missed you!

Lizzie, your jar of energy is on its way I hope you have an amazing trip!!!! You will seriously be missed!

Terri, you have done extraordinarily well during your visit with your friend!!! WOW! Wtg! Fitting into a size 10 dress sounds absolutely divine and I think I'm not alone when I say, a picture of you in the "Mad Men" dress is in order! It's super nice to hear you sounding so happy!

Mern, you are a gem. Thank you for importing my posts. I am really touched. You really are our forum darling.

Mike, CONGRATS on the 169! Way to go!!!! So I was all set to take a picture of the scale tonight when I weighed in at the gym but I was politely told that cell phone cameras are strictly forbidden in the ladies' changing room. Yikes. I got in trouble at my gym. Anyway, I hope you can take my word for it, the scale moved exactly one quarter of a kilogram which converts to .5 of a pound. Yes that's right. I lost half a pound after a 7000-calorie deficit for the week. Doesn't seem possible right? Anyway, I don't care anymore. My jeans feel looser and that's that. Now I have to drink a gallon of water and floss for a week, per our wager.

Tanya, welcome to the thread! Your goals look great and yes absolutely salsa counts as a vegetable. It's raw tomato after all!

Mary, welcome back. You did a great job not gaining while on vacation!

KLLOVESMF, welcome to the thread! Believe me I know exactly how you feel. Your post broke my heart but it seems that you had a good cry and are raring to go. I came to Fitday after having gained over 20 pounds in a year and started at 198. I have the same goal weight as you so we are in this together! If I can do it, so can you. Luckily you have stumbled upon a goldmine of good people and tons of support.

Hope, you rock! Thanks for calling me a beast. You made my day! I'm so so sorry to hear about the water damage that you sustained. That Irene is a real b*tch! Stupid hurricane!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, thanks. You always have such kind words for everyone.

So sorry for the damage or loss of so many of your precious things. So glad you're OK, though. Good for you for counting your blessings. Big hug to ya.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Last word

Just about to head to bed, early start tomorrow but thought I'd get a few last words in.

Hi to the newbies and welcome to this thread, I was made very welcome by this amazing group of people and you can feel the support and kindness oozing from their responses. It heps a lot to have them there.

Hope. Sorry to hear about your precious mementoes being damaged, it says a lot that you can think about others misfortunes at this time. Glad you are safe.

Terri. Your new outfit sounds stunning, I'm not a girly girl either but I'm trying to be a little more feminine. At the moment I'm still not into skirts or dresses ( except winter ones to wear with boots) but my trousers and tops are softer and sexier without being too " busty serving wench"

Mary. I only hope I can manage to come home without gaining, but I don't think that is likely. I am so impressed that you did, many congrats.

Ok that's me, my partner is definitely taking the iPad so you may not have heard the last of me yet.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Monday

Well I had a pretty good Monday! I am loving my job right now and having so much damn fun on this project. I'm editing a documentary and making this one really scary and dramatic which happens to be my specialty!

I made it to the gym, despite being really sore from yesterday so I got on the elliptical figuring that would be the maximum calorie burn with the least pain to my abs and arms. I killed it on there! According to the machine, I burned a whopping 530 calories in 46 minutes but of course when I entered the same time in the Fitday thingy, it gave me 438. Whatevs, I'll take it.

I weighed in as well and was a tiny bit disappointed, to be perfectly frank but then again I am not surprised. According to that hunk of metal, I only last half a pound since last Tuesday but there are two factors which lead me to suspect that number might be higher in real life. Firstly, every lady's unfavourite relative, Aunt Flo dropped in on me this morning. That dumb witch. And secondly I drank 1.5 litres of water and two cups of green tea over the course of the work day today so that may have affected the outcome. What can I say, I was thirsty I guess.

Anyway, it sure warms the cockles of my heart that the thread is so crazy happening today! We are on FIRE!

My goals:

1. Eat below 1300 calories. YES 1192
2. Drink min. 2 litres of water per day. OH YES
3. Take my vitamins. DONE!
4. Exercise 6 times. M: 1x
5. Balance the pie chart. Could have been better
6. Get to sleep by 11pm.
7. Achieve a 7000 calorie deficit! M: 1365 (total so far: 1365)
Old 08-29-2011, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Rose, that really sucks to lose half a pound after a 7000 calorie deficit, but it's really fantastic that your jeans are looser. Scales aren't all they're cracked up to be. OMG, I never thought about cameras in the ladies' changing room but I guess there are a lot of weirdos from which the rule will protect us. I had to giggle over your wager with Mike--no problem with the flossing, but I already wake up twice per night due to drinking 64 oz. of water per day, even with drinking nothing after dinner. I'd be wetting the bed if I had to drink a whole gallon a day! I think Mike wears Depends, though.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Mern! You just cracked me right up!! Mike wears Depends. LOL!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.