FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5086-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-8-29-a.html)

Mern 08-29-2011 02:08 AM

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY ROSE. I'M JUST COPYING IT HERE SO IT WON'T GET MISSED.

Rose, sweetie, I know your opening the thread simply got overlooked.

Today, 02:14 AM #2 (permalink)
mtlgirl
FitDay Member

OK, I'll go first.

I am totally sore from yesterday's brutal workout session with the trainer at my gym. Ouch. But I can't say I don't feel proud that I got up early on a Sunday morning to trek out to the gym for 2 back-to-back intense workouts. I'll only know later tonight if my efforts of the past week have paid off but I can already feel a difference in my jeans so I'm hopeful!

My goals:

1. Eat below 1300 calories.
2. Drink min. 2 litres of water per day.
3. Take my vitamins.
4. Exercise 6 times.
5. Balance the pie chart.
6. Get to sleep by 11pm.
7. Achieve a 7000 calorie deficit!
current weight: 176
total weight loss: 22 pounds
goal weight: 145
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=mtlgirl

__________________________________________________ _______

Today, 02:08 AM #1 (permalink)
mtlgirl
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/29/2011
Good morning Motivators!

Welcome to the first day of a brand new week of goal smashing! I am totally ready to make last week eat my dust. How about you?

Let's make Monday morning our best friend and the perfect time to amp up those goals for the week. We're so lucky to have this place where we can share our ups and downs and more than a few laughs. Seriously you ladies & Mike are the best!

Have an amazing day, Everyone!
current weight: 176
total weight loss: 22 pounds
goal weight: 145
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=mtlgirl

Mern 08-29-2011 02:30 AM

Rose, wow! Your gym workouts were amazing--on a Sunday morning, no less! You go girl! And another wow on feeling the difference in your jeans! Sometimes it's inches and feelings that are most gratifying. :) I just love your encouraging "Let's make Monday morning our best friend and the perfect time to amp up those goals for the week.

Terri, hi! That is wonderful that you had the fun visit with your friend. Sounds like it really did you a lot of good. Ooh, congrats on looking smokin' hot in your pencil skirt! That is so cool. Most of my daughter's friends are males, too, as are my almost 17 year old granddaughter's. My new bras make my boobs look weird--but it's just that they're a little too perky for a short, obese, 65 year old. LOL I'm so glad you acquired more happy experiences while you were not checking in. That's super! Good juju--hmm, my age is showing--first time I heard that, but I get your drift. :p More doable goals are always wise--congrats and best wishes on those. And, of course, big hug to ya!

01gt4.6 08-29-2011 02:33 AM

Mern, thanks for putting up her post. I closed her thread while on the road b/c there were 2 threads open and this one had the most activity. I was going to move her post her when I got to a computer but you beat me to it.:D

This morning was my official weigh in. I came in exactly at 169.0 on the nose. I'll post the pics and graph later.

My goal for the week. (short & sweet)
1) complete 1/2 marathon in 3 hours & 16 minutes

Mern 08-29-2011 02:59 AM

Oh, Mike, I know you have a good heart. I figured you were just busy and didn't have time to move Rose's post.

Woohoo! Major congrats on that 169! Way to go, Mike!

01gt4.6 08-29-2011 03:23 AM

Tsa

I fly out tomorrow and if any of the TSA perverts look and me like the guy did at the hottub at the gym, there will be a fight. No touching my junk Mr. TSA :p

http://images9.cpcache.com/nocache/p...olor-Black.jpg

brandismom1990 08-29-2011 03:36 AM

Can't keep up, can't keep up!!!

This thread is rocking. I am reading and sending positive thoughts to everyone achieving their goals!

Have to run, but BBL to post my weeks goals here. Lizzie -- have a great holiday!!

Ang

mommiepretty 08-29-2011 04:21 AM

Hi! Newbie here :) I'm even more out of shape than I thought (that's SO scary!!), so I'm really taking things slowly incorporating exercise back into my daily routine, especially since I'm still having a problem with my left foot (tendinitis). I started my little guided bodyweight workout this morning and was only able to do 25% of it before I started getting shaky. How embarrassing!! No wonder my health problems are starting to pile up :o

I just started tracking my food yesterday, but I tried to eat normally (including snacks) to see where that puts me. I came in at just over 1600 calories, with macro nutrient ratios at 56:38:7, which is pretty close to the USDA's "traditional" ratios (60:30:10), but we had a meatless dinner last night (pasta with pesto), so that probably skewed things a bit. I'm going to keep tracking my food and see where I average out for a week, a fortnight, etc.

Here are some very basic goals for me for this week:
1. Stop stepping on the scale! It's not moving right now, and no amount of staring at it is going to make it move. All I'm doing is depressing myself. Instead, focus on how my clothes fit — imagine how good it will feel as they get loose and I can fit into my old clothes again! :)
2. Add more fruits/veggies, especially as snacks — right now I have baby carrots, cherries, nectarines, and apples to snack on. (Does fresh salsa count as veggies??)
3. Stick with my little "baby gorilla" workout until I can get through the entire Level 1 Day 1 routine in one session without feeling like I'm going to collapse or shake to pieces. Go slowly and be patient so I don't re-injure myself.

~~Tanya

Kumochi 08-29-2011 05:19 AM

Hi all I'm back from holidays and feeling motivated. It is good to read all your posts. I managed not to gain while away and in fact I may have lost some fat. My weight was 1 pound less than when I left my first day back and has dropped 2 pounds by being back on track. I knew my fluid balance was off because of all the crackers, cold meats and cheese I ate while away and the fact I didn't drink my usual amount of water. I could tell by my skin that I was both dehydrated and retaining water. I had gained 4 pounds the week before I left so I hope to be back to my lowest weight by friday.

I got my bike out of the shed yesterday and it is again parked where I see it everytime I step out the door. Went for a short ride last night.

My goals :

1600 calorie daily max
Y times 3 this week, Bike X3; swim in Bay X 2; walk X 2
Eat real food, no pre-packaged meals this week, Fish at least once,
Drink my water and herbal tea

KLLOVESMF 08-29-2011 05:58 AM

New to Fitday

Hi all...
I am new to fit day - excited but terrified!

I have always kind of struggled with my weight - my healthy and happy weight is about 145-150..
I have completely let myself go - I know what I have to do, just having a hard time finding the motivation.
I started the ACAI berry 14 day cleanse today as well. Joined the Curves circuit and am bound and determined to get this excess weight off.
This all came about because I stepped on a scale for the first time in over a year it it said 194.5 lbs... WHAT?!? I sobbed... uncontrollably sobbed, knowing that I allowed myself to do this.

My goals:
1) Limit calories to 1000-1200 daily
2) curves circuit 4 times per week
3) joing running group / swimmimg class
4) drink 80-90oz of water per day
5) Be positive
6) be honest

Current weight: 194.5 lbs (Aug 28)
Goal Weight 1 : 180 (OCt 4)
Goal weight 2: 160 (Dec 1)
Final Weight Goal: 145 ( Jan 16)

so excited that there is this 'support'

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!

Mern 08-29-2011 06:17 AM

Mike, I love the shirt. LOL

Ang, yeah, we're rocking already. Positive thoughts right back at ya.

KLLOVESMF, welcome! Hey, I got up to 246. I've sobbed, too. This is a great group and we'll try our best to help keep you motivated through the easy times and the hard. As long as you eat balanced meals and your goals are doable, that's great. Big hug to ya!