Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 09-01-2011, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

mommiepretty, if you like muesli, Cassie has a homemade granola bar recipe you might try, use the search key to find it. It's sort of like making crispy treats, you put dry stuff in one bowl then make a sticky sauce and then mix the two. My kids LOVE it, so don't plan on keeping it all to yourself. I would be interested in the egg in muffin cup recipe. That sounds like a winner for this household. Yesterday we actually had eggs for lunch, scrambled and omelets.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning losers. Another beautiful day here. I was going to go for a walk but I still have 5 little blisters on my left foot and the race is just a few days away. I did manage to get a 7 day pass at the gym here, so I did go yesterday and get in a quick workout. I also called my workout buddy and told him that he doesn't get the week off just because I'm out of town.

I did take some pictures for y'all while at the beach. My laptop isn't recognizing my iPhone so I'm having trouble transferring them. I'll keep trying though b/c I don't give up that easilly.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, hi! Glad you're having fun. Great that you were able to get the gym pass. Hope your blisters heal in time for the race. Looking forward to seeing the pics if you can get them loaded. Big hug and positive vibes to ya!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Dude, you need better shoes, although with all the miles I've put on the elliptical my feet are a little iffy too. Give the dogs a rest, you need them. Sorry that your electronic devices aren't speaking to each other, maybe that's an issue for Dr. Phil? LOL
Old 09-01-2011, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Ok wasn't sure if I would do all four miles last night since it was almost 90 here again in Chicago. But did it and had a much better run than last Sunday when I went out. And I got on the scale this morning and down a pound. Must have been all the sweating I did last night since I was soaked when I got home! My goal is to hit 155 by Sept 10th so I am really trying to bust my butt before vacation to see if I can achieve that.

Hope you all had a good night and will be working out at lunch today...but with limited running to give these legs a rest for the day!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

Amy, I think my phone is the male and the laptop is the female. I've already had to replace the laptop.
I think the phone is talking but the laptop doesn't hear what's being said.

Mern, If the blisters don't go away I'll just have to tough it out. Last race I felt a big monster blister early in the race, my first thought was damn I have 8 more miles to go with the growth on me.

Well I got te pictures to work. This is from my cell phone. The 1st pic I was laying on my back, looking up and I was being bombarded by seagulls. They were moving so quickly so I couldn't get one completely in the pic.

The 2nd is my 1st "attempt" with a panoramic. It didn't line up right but once again this is unedited with my cell phone. It makes me wish I would have brought my camera and tripod with me.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

Ann, nice job on the run and the -1 pound! Can I borrow your feet... and back?
Old 09-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Default Dude, are you serious?

Okay, so I think I'm going to cook dinner for my brother and SIL. He likes to drink and loves rum. So yeah, you know what I'm thinking... I'll fire up the grill do some steaks and veggies and make a rum cake for desert. So last night I ask him "hey, do you like rum cake?" I was expecting him to say "does a bear..." you know the rest. Instead I get "uh, no. That's like fruit cake." I'm like "Dude, are you serious?" He says "Yeah, doesn't it have fruit and stuff in it?" This poor guy has been deprived. I mean really, how can you compare rum cake to fruit cake? Have I been making it wrong or is he just crazy? I hate to think that he's crazy, because after all we are related.
Right about then, my SIL says, I like cobbler, can you make cobbler. I'm like "yes I can!" That works out better b/c they don't have a bundt pan.

On a side note, yesterday I went to the gas station on the way to the beach to get a bag of ice. I walked up to the counter and almost pulled out a cajun/coon ass/redneck/hillbilly voice and said "Where y'all keep y'alls bags of ice?"
"Oh my $2.49 for a bag, that's like my whole paycheck. Y'all got a hose pipe over yonder I can use?"

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-01-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Great job on the run Ann, I can run a little, but 4 miles would probably kill me. We visited Chicago a year and a half ago, it was crazy how many people were out running.

Nice pics Mike. BTW "Hype" played 49 mins ago.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Great job on the run Ann, I can run a little, but 4 miles would probably kill me. We visited Chicago a year and a half ago, it was crazy how many people were out running.

Nice pics Mike. BTW "Hype" played 49 mins ago.
oh damn, you're killing me. I've created a monster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.